GIVE IT TO T REX

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't forget, mid way through the season Dogs fans were calling for the team to dump him and eat his contract. A few good weeks at the end of the year doesn't make up for the fact that post one, maybe two good years at Manly, he's been rubbish. He lacks ticker big time. All the size and potential but no desire or mongrel...

He would be so good if he just tucked the ball and ran rather than trying to do the odd miracle pass.

The Indian said:
I actually thought he played pretty well in the GF. But there you go.

I thought T Rex did a great impersonation of a turnstile when ole G Burgess walked over him to score the game changing try.

But.. come June next year when a new contract is needed, watch him rip heads.

The Indian said:
I actually thought he played pretty well in the GF. But there you go.

He would have had a good highlights reel, but they were outweighed by his lowlights.

When the watch the half arsed grab on George Burgess at 6-6 with the momentum swinging the Bulldogs way, you have to say he is partly accountable for result of the match. Adequate intensity in defence during that period of the game, sees George stopped in his tracks, and who knows from there. It was a very costly miss and completely shifted the momentum back to Souths.

bones said:
I'd have him back at Manly any day.

The Dogs are paying him 600K per season.
We would have to pay 650 or more to get his services.
I don't think it'll be worth it.
I would think about it if he were to earn the same amount we were paying him when we got him from Parra - 150K. Maybe lower. :rolleyes:

No way could we afford to have T-Rex back, if Choc does move on who is going to do all his work for him?

On a slightly more serious note, I had the privilege (as I'm sure many of you did as well) of being at the 2011 GF), the Warriors had us under the pump for a large portion of that second half and we were struggling to come out of our own end. From my position which was directly behind the goals at that end I saw T-Rex standing about 3 positions in from the wing and not once (I will stand corrected if he actually did) did he help the other 12 guys on the field by getting in there and making some really tough yards to get us out of trouble. That picture of him standing in there whilst I saw player after player roll up their sleeves and try and win us the game will be my lasting memory of him.

I actually think the last few games for the dogs he actually tried reasonably hard, but that is reasonably hard just for him. His effort levels for someone of his ability are way down on what the minimum should be for an NRL player. The reason why the Dogs seem to go OK when he plays in the halves is not because he is such a great ball player, its because it actually allows to play the normal number of forwards (and also shows how rubbish Josh Reynolds really is in terms of actual play making ability!)

Ramrod said:
bones said:
I'd have him back at Manly any day.

The Dogs are paying him 600K per season.
We would have to pay 650 or more to get his services.
I don't think it'll be worth it.
I would think about it if he were to earn the same amount we were paying him when we got him from Parra - 150K. Maybe lower. :rolleyes:

I didn't mean for the money he'd want. I just meant we could use a forward who is capable of busting tackles.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2