Gifty's unfortunate timing.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
I think the reason Gifty was forced to leave was the timing of his contract. Unfortunately his contract is due to end at the end of this year.

The club has been trying to sign up as many high profile players it could i.e Wolfie but all of a sudden we have a few young guns who burst onto the scene and are being chased by other clubs i.e Hiku.

This I believe set the wheels in motion, the club had a choice of either signing Gift or plan for the future and the club has taken the latter option.

We have been hearing for the last couple of years how we have an ageing roster.

We need to plan for the future and if it had of been another high profile player coming off contract we would of probably lost that player, unfortunately Gift was the one we had to let go.

"We have an ageing roster..." one of the biggest fallacies in RL. Should never be uttered on this fan site.
What we have is a successful roster the envy of every other club.

The Who said:
"We have an ageing roster..." one of the biggest fallacies in RL. Should never be uttered on this fan site.
What we have is a successful roster the envy of every other club.

I know it's a fallacy, but the fact that we have a few players who have signed their last contract with us means we need to sign some of the up and comers.

There are two things I'd love to know.

1. What value did the NRL put of Gift ? and
2. What are the bunnies paying him ?

There was never any mention of money in all of yesterday's reporting. Just how the Manly dynasty was somehow all over.
Clearly, these idiot journalists never learn.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2