Gift Farewell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
With news suggesting Gift will not play again this season and unfortunately never again for Manly is the Club going to do something on Sunday to ensure us the Fans are able to salute and thank him on the day.

A half-time presentation or something needs to be organised. I think that would be the least the Club could do to thank him for the tremendous and loyal service he gave to this club. While I understand the reasons it is still a tragedy (thanks NRL) that he wasn't allowed to remain a one club player.

I hope someone in at the Club has already thought about this. He deserves it.

Sad news indeed. I have full faith in the club! They will surely put something together for Gifty. He absolutely deserves a big send off. Maybe a highlights clip playing on a big screen during half time( might be a bit hard to see), then a presentation.

Another round of the ground with the team after full time would be great too!

Gifty is a top bloke and champion player! He deserves whatever can be organised, and more!!

Gifty may not want the fanfare. He never sought the limelight. So don't assume that the Club are disrespecting his contributions if its low key on Sunday :cool:

There will be a Player signing event from 6pm at the Club though :)

Wonder what his injury is, to have it break down for the third time now :s

Love to see him hobble onto the Premiership Winners dias for the third time :)

Hi everyone,

We have obviously been looking at this game as Glenn's fairwell injury or not as this is the last game in front of a home crowd.

We have spoken to Glenn and he does not want a fuss to be made, we will be doing a package on screen and handing out posters of him.

He will also be at the post match function at the leagues club to spend some time with the members and fans.

He has always been someone who does not like a fuss to be made over him and as much as we would love to do a lot for him on the day we have to respect his request.

delz said:
With news suggesting Gift will not play again this season and unfortunately never again for Manly is the Club going to do something on Sunday to ensure us the Fans are able to salute and thank him on the day.

A half-time presentation or something needs to be organised. I think that would be the least the Club could do to thank him for the tremendous and loyal service he gave to this club. While I understand the reasons it is still a tragedy (thanks NRL) that he wasn't allowed to remain a one club player.

I hope someone in at the Club has already thought about this. He deserves it.

Buy him a beer and/or shake the bloke's hand and say, "Thanks", for ALL of us that won't be there, on the arvo and evening.

HappilyManly said:
Gifty may not want the fanfare. He never sought the limelight. So don't assume that the Club are disrespecting his contributions if its low key on Sunday :cool:

There will be a Player signing event from 6pm at the Club though :)

Wonder what his injury is, to have it break down for the third time now :s

Love to see him hobble onto the Premiership Winners dias for the third time :)

Gifty will like what the club tells him to like. That's the way Manly roll! :p

Shame if true.

He should retire from footy! (but that's more of an anti souffs mentality from me)

MWSE Membership said:
Hi everyone,

We have obviously been looking at this game as Glenn's fairwell injury or not as this is the last game in front of a home crowd.

We have spoken to Glenn and he does not want a fuss to be made, we will be doing a package on screen and handing out posters of him.

He will also be at the post match function at the leagues club to spend some time with the members and fans.

He has always been someone who does not like a fuss to be made over him and as much as we would love to do a lot for him on the day we have to respect his request.

Fark him, who does he think he is ?? I vote we don't leave the ground until he does a lap of honour. #comefeeltheloveGifty

Chip and Chase said:
MWSE Membership said:
Hi everyone,

Fark him, who does he think he is ?? I vote we don't leave the ground until he does a lap of honour. #comefeeltheloveGifty
Gifty will not be playing on Sunday from a good source.

Harry said:
Gifty will not be playing on Sunday from a good source.

I've spoken to Mr Heinz as well and know he won't be playing. But regardless of playing or not, he will be at the ground so he can still do a lap.

MWSE Membership said:
Hi everyone,

Well, I certainly hope that the media are made aware of that information that he does not want a fuss to be made otherwise we will cop another bagging from them if they see that nothing or very little was done for him.

Very disappointing he couldn't at least be in Sunday's 17 (alongside the Kingdog).

Do your best to share and show the love and appreciation anyway (as will those of us from afar!)

I do realize it's more than certain he'll not play for Manly again...the best we can hope for is a "ring-by-proxy" perhaps for the Gift.

Was thinking, along with Snake, Glenn would be the best pair of brothers Manly's ever had...!

Can only think of Phil and Mick Blake right now (so come on you Ironstines) clarify the situation there please!

Hope the on screen package shows his GF grubber AND the donnybrookvale punchup !! :)
Classic moments of MWSE History we will never forget.

Chip and Chase said:
Cliff and Jamie Lyon.

Lol, well they're both from the bush, are so laid-back they'd easily fall over sometimes; AND definitely brothers-in-arms via the Brookvale clan.

So I'll pay that one mate, and who knows...Cliffy might even be at Brookie on Sunday to pat one of his other "brothers" Gifty on his broad back.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6