Gift brushing Foran last night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Does anyone know what that's about? I thought they were best buds. And Foran was upset at how they treated gift. But twice last night after the game gift brushed him after the game and in the first game we played them gift really went at Foran (more like I would have expected him to go after dce). Anyone?

Does anyone know what that's about? I thought they were best buds. And Foran was upset at how they treated gift. But twice last night after the game gift brushed him after the game and in the first game we played them gift really went at Foran (more like I would have expected him to go after dce). Anyone?
Who cares - those 2 are gone and going - their predilections are not our problem @:cool:

Gift look frustrated last night. He could not get into the game and got niggley a few times with our guys. Seeing him last night playing for them felt wierd. When I saw Whatmough in Parra colours it was a red rag to a bull as it will when Foran does that. Seeing Gifty in red and green was hard but closure that we have moved on as a club.

Gifty might be feeling more then a little annoyed he was forced out of Manly so BOTH our halves could be retained, only for Foran to have no intention of staying take his bat and ball and go to Eels to be with BA.
Im sure given the chance Gift would of rather been wearing maroon last night. Playing at a packed Brookvale was salt in the wounds.

Gifty might be feeling more then a little annoyed he was forced out of Manly so BOTH our halves could be retained, only for Foran to have no intention of staying take his bat and ball and go to Eels to be with BA.
Im sure given the chance Gift would of rather been wearing maroon last night. Playing at a packed Brookvale was salt in the wounds.
This, I would be annoyed at first being pushed out but even more annoyed if one of the "stars" I was being pushed out for, signed elsewhere.

That is what I always found strange about the decision not to offer Gifty a contract last year. Like Tooves' sacking, it was an open secret that Manly was 'shoring up the war chest' to try and retain both DCE and Foreign. Other than the fact that Kieran was part of the senior group that included the Stewarts, Matai and Watmouth, I don't know why all the blame was heaped on DCE.

The club wanted to retain both halves, not just DCE, yet Cherry copped pretty much all the blame for Gifty being shown the door.

That is what I always found strange about the decision not to offer Gifty a contract last year. Like Tooves' sacking, it was an open secret that Manly was 'shoring up the war chest' to try and retain both DCE and Foreign. Other than the fact that Kieran was part of the senior group that included the Stewarts, Matai and Watmouth, I don't know why all the blame was heaped on DCE.

The club wanted to retain both halves, not just DCE, yet Cherry copped pretty much all the blame for Gifty being shown the door.
Yeah exactly and Foran just basically shafted the club and the people in the club who support him - zorba, snake ,Matai etc.

I think it goes back a few years, basically DCE was on a very basic contract in 2011, after winning the GF and then playing for Australia, DCE's manager asked for an upgrade mid 2012 or otherwise he would be looking for another club.
The senior players led by Watmough were of the opinion that DCE should bide his time for the good of the team in order to keep the roster together, just like they did, or so they say, they probably felt that Foran paid his dues as a rookie, whereas DCE's rise was more rapid.
DCE was given an upgrade and extension, don't know how much for, but he is on record saying that he will go to market in the final year of his contract rather than automatically accepting Manly's offer.

Yeah exactly and Foran just basically shafted the club and the people in the club who support him - zorba, snake ,Matai etc.
Disagree.
Foran was on the front foot in claiming that Manly will have an exodus from mid last year.
Manly just did not want to hear what Foran was openly stating.
Why they were so blinkered, is the real question:mad:

We were all discussing his move to the Dalai in 2014:cool:

Manly backed the wrong half and they transferred the resulting chaos onto 2v:swear:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6