GF Mental Battle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not so confident but expect a close win. The Warriors learnt a lot from the Brisbane mauling. The first half against the Tiges was just what GFs are won on, huge surging runs by the big boppers. They backed that up last night. I know Storm were woeful without Blair but the Warriors tackled them out of it. Similar style to when we are at our best.

A refreshed Gift will help plug a lot of their attack but do our forwards have their intensity? I really hope so. The Warriors lack of clinching points is a positive and we will be more tradesman-like due to experience. If we lose Matai then we have a real problem down one side defensively.

This whole week will really test them with the travel, all the functions and back-slapping and many a past team have blown their energy and concentration due to it but Cleary strikes me as a coach that can do a good job.

This should be one of the really great GFs.

It will be an awesome GF, i just don't want us to start being the team that gives the underdogs their first historic win, ala 1997

Sending out robbo and rodders with a GF win would be the perfect end. Like beavers finish on top of the world.

Grand Final Experience:

2008. Brett Stewart
2008. Michael Robertson
2008. Jamie Lyon
2008. Steve Matai

Will Hopoate
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans

2009(Penrith). Joe Galuvao
2008. Matt Ballin
2008. Brent Kite
2008. Anthony Watmough
2009(Penrith). Shane Rodney
2008. Glen Stewart

Interchange :
2009(SCE). Tony Williams
2009(SCE). Vic Mauro

Jamie Buhrer
Darcy Lussick
George Rose

Mentaly Manly have been tested since the Brookie game against the Storm. Played with 12 and had Brett off the whole of the second half as well. The last game against the Broncos with 7 Players out also gave Manly a good stress test.

The best motivation is that most of the Nine commentators are tipping the Warriors. Again, rubbishing our Pack :cool:

Jerry1 said:
Sending out robbo and rodders with a GF win would be the perfect end. Like beavers finish on top of the world.
Don't forget Hoppa.

HappilyManly said:
Grand Final Experience:

2008. Brett Stewart
2008. Michael Robertson
2008. Jamie Lyon
2008. Steve Matai

Will Hopoate
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans

2008. Matt Ballin
2008. Brent Kite
2008. Anthony Watmough
2008. Glen Stewart

Interchange :
2009(SCE). Tony Williams
2009(SCE). Vic Mauro

Jamie Buhrer
Darcy Lussick
George Rose

Mentaly Manly have been tested since the Brookie game against the Storm. Played with 12 and had Brett off the whole of the second half as well. The last game against the Broncos with 7 Players out also gave Manly a good stress test.

The best motivation is that most of the Nine commentators are tipping the Warriors. Again, rubbishing our Pack :cool:
A lot of our guys also played the 2007 decider as well, invaluable experience.

A lot of the media will be pumping up the Warriors all week, they have a vested interest in whipping up public fascination in the NZ fairytale. Don't fret too much about what they say. We are strong faves at present, though it won't matter what anyone else says when they run out next week.

Ia GF experience that important? Illawarra won it last year and apart from Boyd did they have anyone else who had played in a GF?
I don't know, or care. Only threw that in for discussion.

The Who said:
Ia GF experience that important? Illawarra won it last year and apart from Boyd did they have anyone else who had played in a GF?
I don't know, or care. Only threw that in for discussion.

They had Cuthbertson...

HappilyManly said:
Grand Final Experience:

2008. Brett Stewart
2008. Michael Robertson
2008. Jamie Lyon
2008. Steve Matai

Will Hopoate
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans

2008. Matt Ballin
2008. Brent Kite
2008. Anthony Watmough
2008. Glen Stewart

Interchange :
2009(SCE). Tony Williams
2009(SCE). Vic Mauro

Jamie Buhrer
Darcy Lussick
George Rose

Rodney is 2003, not 2009 and Joe is 2003 and 2009. Also, as said before, 2007 experience is also in this team. I am a little worried but I am extremely happy that we get to play our brothers in arms on GF day.

If we put the warriors under the pump early, they will crumble under the pressure.

I'm still undecided if the warriors were that good last night, or were the storm very ordinary. The storms defence was very good, but they really had nothing in attack and did not test the warriors enough. I can see our guys causing plenty of headaches for the warriors defence, especially in their 20 metre zone

I wouldn't underestimate the warriors they are a good side. I have said before they can be a hot and cold side and it really depends which side comes out and plays on Sunday.

I'm also surprised they haven't featured in more GF as they have a very good juniors development.

I still think Manly will be lifting the trophey at the end of 80mins.

I predict the match will be similar to the Broncos game, we will come out all guns blazing and blow them off the park. But instead of going away they will regroup. Will they get close enough to scare us in the end? Sure bloody hope not!

MPC75 said:
If we put the warriors under the pump early, they will crumble under the pressure.

I'm still undecided if the warriors were that good last night, or were the storm very ordinary. The storms defence was very good, but they really had nothing in attack and did not test the warriors enough. I can see our guys causing plenty of headaches for the warriors defence, especially in their 20 metre zone

We showed them in round 25 that the scum forward pack was soft. That's how the Kiwis got them last night. With no go forward Cronk had a shocker. Our forwards won't be dominated in the same way. They don't have a lot of experience, will be away from home and will have the weight of expectation of an entire Nation. The pressure will get to them.

All you guys who are saying that the Warriors players are lacking a lot of grand final experience must remember that alot of there players have big game experience in other games other than gf's for example...

Locke(nz maori drew with england)
Vatuvei (world cup winner,test player)
Brown (kiwis test player)
Inu (test player,grand finalist)
heremaia (nz maori drew with england)
Mannering (world cup winner,kiwis rep)
Mateo (captain of tonga,grand finalist)
matulino( kiwi rep)
packer (nz maori)
lillyman (queensland rep)
Sam rapira (world cup winner, kiwi rep)
Hohaia(grandfinalist,world cup winner,kiwis)

What they are lacking in gf experience they make up in world cup final experience and four nations finals experience.. winning and losing.

Looking again at the Storm game, what I saw was only one playmaker. Where was Smith? Cronk was under the pump due to the weakness of their forwards and no-one else had any ideas. It was Slter's worst game as well. He crumpled under the pressure. What we do have is play-makers across the park and a more creative and intelligent backline. Stewart is superior to Slater as well. Stop the of-loads and you go a long way to defeating the Warriors.

We shouldn't be using the scum as a barometer. They didn't play any footy last night, just tried to grind out a win. Manly on the other hand will be asking alot more questions, either through the middle or out wide.
We've got attacking weapons all over the park, there's no way theyl be able to shut them all down. The scum had nothing.
They've got some great young talent, but some of those players are also they're weakness. Locke,Manu,Inu,Topou and Johnson will all be targeted. I really think wel put them to the sword.

Early celebration error....

Noticed after Manlys solid win the boys huddled & already began to focus on the GF. The NZ team jumped around as though it was the decider. NZ seemed to be already happy with the achievements for 2011 where the Seaeagles appeared more composed knowing the job was not done till next week. This may seem a trivial point but they all add up.

RE: Early celebration error....

Mentioned elsewhere MK and agree totally. They looked like they played their GF on Saturday night. Manly knew it was only a dress rehearsal on Friday night.

RE: Too early

Yeah i think Manly will be better prepared mentally, but if the Warriors play like they did against the Storm we are in for a close game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4