Get out clauses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Any Lawyers or ppl in the know how these get out clauses may work in favour of Manly or the players ?

this may have been posted elsewhere but i cant locate it

I posed the question yesterday. How it works should definitely have been a consideration for the club. Who knows if its a standard clause or if the release clause could be written different for every player, for some it could just be if Des is not there, for others it might only come into being if he's sacked. Who knows.

Unless you have a copy of each individual contract then the best you are going to come up with is pure speculation, and we have enough of that at the moment. I will say that someone has posted that the clauses revolve around Des being sacked, rather than him just leaving. Anyway time will tell if these clauses are worth anything. We hear about these get out clauses all the time, I can't remember anyone exercising one though.

They exist to allow players to make a choice in the case of a replacement of coach. There is no guarantee that players have to act upon them.

All the talk is speculation and much will depend on the incoming coach and staff in 2013.

Is it possible that our coach and any players that want to follow him to Al Qaeda, will deliberately try to lose games early in 2012 in a bid to force the club to sack the coach, which would then activate their get out clauses?

This has no place here or in decent discussion, do the world a favor and shut your mouth

*agreed TE - cleaned up*

The evident racial overtones and aggressive stance can't be hidden behind you saying it was criticism. Would you have said that to the manly fan sitting near me in the gf who was evidently a devout Muslim? It is no surprise to me that we are a hated fan base when we carry on like many have today

This has no place here our in why decent discussion, do the world a favor and shut your mouth
[/quote]

So it's ok by you the bullscum comes in and calls Manly players filth

*two wrongs don't make a right = don't take the bait*

Mate he us trolling! Don't take the bait. And no I do not believe there is any place in society for people to be disrespectful to others. Even if what he said was wrong it can't be used to excuse other wrong action.

There's no excuse for racism on any forum at anytime or under any circumstances.

The Get Out Clauses are not standard clauses.

Lets say Foran is on a $220k a year and now he would be worth $400. He can exercise the option and terminate hs contract, he would be mad not to. But if Hasler stays next and year and I wouldnt be very surprised if he did, these players would not be able to exercise the option to terminate the contract until after the end of next year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4