get croker and smash the storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sharx

Reserve Grader
yes thats right.
theres nuffin that would be more satisfying than to see our forwards ktfo of croker and beating the storm in melb.
prove  that last years gf was rigged

Brett Stewart seeking Crocker 'revenge'
By Todd Balym
AAP
http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=50454
Manly fullback Brett Stewart has called on his forwards to dish out some grand final revenge on headhunter Michael Crocker in Friday's re-match with Melbourne at Olympic Park.

Crocker infamously concussed Stewart in last year's grand final with a heavy shoulder charge as the custodian caught a towering Cooper Cronk bomb early in the second half.

Stewart says he will have no hesitation putting his body on the line again and jokingly called on his teammates to seek out Crocker, who has been named to play his first game of the season.

"I'm hoping they will," joked Stewart, before adding he and Crocker had spoken about the incident in the Australian Test camp late last year.

"It was water under the bridge a week or so after, no hard feelings, it was football.

"Especially at fullback I think you find yourself in those situations more often than other positions on he field.

"It's definitely added a bit of interest to the game on Friday night.

"I will be taking this as another game, if they want to put some bombs up then I'm going to be under them to diffuse them."

Veteran Steve Menzies said the Sea Eagles would be foolish to seek retribution on Crocker, knowing the Storm would simply exploit any breach of their defensive line.

"I don't think there's any singling out of individual players," he said.

"They're a skilful side and they will use that to their advantage.

"I think it would be silly to try and come out of the line or try and do some sort of revenge attack."

The Storm dominated last year's grand final, walking away with a 34-8 victory that left many Sea Eagles disappointed with their effort.

However the Sea Eagles are not treating the clash as a re-match.

Coach Des Hasler told his team at their first meeting this season that 2007 was to be forgotten and revenge was not a word in their vocabulary.

Prop Brent Kite says victory would not erase grand final pain, but it would significantly increase confidence and their 2008 prospects as both sides are 2-2 after indifferent starts.

"Even if you do win and win well how does that compare to a premiership ring? It just doesn't," said Kite.

"The motivation for me is about 2008, about beating the favourites to take out the cup this year and beating a team that is very hard to beat down there and has only lost a handful of games in a couple of years.

"That will be more pleasing than any sort of revenge."

Stewart meanwhile hopes his clash with Storm fullback Billy Slater will help Australian selectors decide on the No.1 jumper for the Centenary Test next month.

"I guess if you want to impress the Test selectors then this is the game to do it," he said.

It happens. It's not worth worrying about 6 months later. Honestly, the forwards didn't fire up on the night so it's hardly going to make me swell with pride if they finally choose Friday night to match it with Melbourne's pack.

Mind you, there is a sadistic part of me that wouldn't mind seeing Orford put a high bomb up with Brett and Choc chasing through on Slater.....

I would love to see Crocker with blood pouring from his face or, better yet, carried off on a stretcher with a neck brace on. 

Storm practised grapple hold: ex-player

Former Melbourne forward Brett O'Farrell has claimed Storm players were trained how to use the now outlawed grapple tackle in his time at the NRL club.

O'Farrell told News Ltd papers the Storm were drilled "over and over" on the controversial wrestling technique during the 2004 pre-season.

The reigning premiers have been accused of practising the grapple tackle but coach Craig Bellamy has repeatedly denied deliberately employing the dangerous technique.

But O'Farrell claims the players were encouraged to use grapple tackles by coaching staff during video sessions.

"I know that Craig Bellamy has denied that they train to do it and all that sort of stuff," O'Farrell, who played 20 games for the Storm between 1999 and 2001, told News Ltd.

"At the end of the day we were drilled over and over and over by (Storm wrestling coach) John Donehue to do it and to hide it and to conceal it.

"In the video sessions the coaches would pull us up and say, `why didn't you put a grapple hold there, on that bloke there ... you could have put a grapple on him or slowed the play-the-ball down in certain ways."

O'Farrell also claimed he was the victim of a sleeper hold from Donohue, who made him unconscious in front of the Storm squad as punishment for skylarking at training.

Bellamy flatly rejected O'Farrell's claims.

"Please. I'm telling you that's a load of crap," Bellamy told News Ltd.

"I might have said, `why didn't you put this hold on him or why didn't you try and turn him on his back there - or why didn't you grip tighter here or why couldn't you grab some handles up here.

"But when the grapple thing all blew up and came to a head then we were really aware of not doing that sort of stuff."

O'Farrell's comments come after the Storm were embroiled in controversy involving another dangerous tackling style - the so-called chicken wing.

Storm prop Adam Blair was placed on report during the 28-8 NRL victory over Brisbane at Olympic Park on Friday night after pinning and twisting the left arm of Bronco Michael Ennis.

Croker played for Canberra and retired a few years back and was a well respected player.

Crocker is a dog that plays for Melbourne.

Which one are you talking abuot??

Fro link said:
Croker played for Canberra and retired a few years back and was a well respected player.

I am the only person who actually likes Crocker and the game he plays?

Croker is not overrated.  He reminds me of Spud Carroll, hard, driven and a little bit mad.  Good player.  Hope Perry can legally smash him out of the game.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=177269.msg181637#msg181637 date=1207694818]

[/quote]

I am with you, I like his style.  Much like Matai.  Although we did differ on opinion on his hit in the GF, I did not think it was a tough hit and was very very close to being illegal.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=177269.msg181637#msg181637 date=1207694818]

[/quote]

I hated him when he play for the Roosters. Thought he was a low player who had far too many cheap shots in his game. At Melbourne he has taken that out and now just plays hard football with considerable success and he really earned the respect of the fans. But I'll never feel the same way about the bloke after the Grand Final.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7