Get a grip

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reganga

My God! Supporters on this site are living in a dream world!

As a 40+ year supporter, I have to communicate a reality check!

I have never witenessed a more undisiplined Manly team!

Don't get me wrong - I love the team and I Love Des & GT.  However, I find it hard to believe that either of those two would be satisfied with the efforts of 2010. 

Does anyone really think that either of these two legends would be happy with the ill-disciplne of out team this year?  I think not!!

Therefore, what's the deal??!  Why are we so poor when it comes to discipline?  If it not the coach and the support team, it must be the players!

Seriously, when did you last see such an undisciplined Manly team??!!  Forget about the injuries and the suspensions (which are a result of ill-discipline themsleves!), I have never seen a team coached by a true master and his sidekick (GT) give away so many stupid errors!

Big George Rose is a thorn in our side and must be removed.

Chris Bailey, I think evertone else has said it all!

Trex is a dinasour and should be made extinct! (I cannot understand why everyone defends him - his stats would be the same as anyone else in his position on the field, he just happens to wear that jumper!!

I agree with you.  People calling us 'brave' etc are living in cuckoo land.  Our play was riddled with dumb plays and reckless penalties. 

I think the Dragons were there for the taking, as evidenced by their very conservative taking of penalties - 4 kicks at goal when we could have been plucked! 

The lack of fitness and dreadful discipline has been a scourge all year.  I intend to touch on this in my season review so will keep the rest of my powder dry.

It starts at the top Brian, poor management, in-fighting between co-owners and a piss poor attitude from some players. The club is lacking leadership, especially from the CEO.

I agree with the bad discipline. I don't know how you can knock Trex and not Choc after him smiling after being sent off the field today, i was quite disappointed with that. When Des first got our team on the right track to the 2008 premiership he started with defense and it was the backbone of our game, adding attack afterward's. This seems to have been replaced with ill discipline  :(  Back to basics will help us in the off-season along with less injury's!!

Gazza link said:
It starts at the top Brian, poor management, in-fighting between co-owners and a piss poor attitude from some players. The club is lacking leadership, especially from the CEO.
 Yep.

We need to bring back the no d!ckhead policy, and ill discipline should count towards being a d!ckhead - don't let your teammates down

The discipline has been the undoing of this year's campaign.

Last year was a disaster from the launch. This year should have been built on steel, defense, self-pride, team play. Instead we have been served up a lot of rabble.

Yes, the refs have resulted in frustration but the lying on the tackled player, cheap niggle shots and deliberate head-hunting have killed this year.

I'm saying the players threw it away and we have paid for it with an 8th finish. The report card is poor.

I agree with you Brian Reganga.

And I also agree with the no dickhead policy. I also believe Manly should recruit players with young families.

Boot camp time I think. Knock some ****ing sense into some players.. Lack of discipline is a sign of laziness. They've gotta start playing for one another. I even get the impression they're not even close, off field.

Liueli of Brookvale link said:

And I also agree with the no dickhead policy. I also believe Manly should recruit players with young families.

Boot camp time I think. Knock some f**king sense into some players.. Lack of discipline is a sign of laziness. They've gotta start playing for one another. I even get the impression they're not even close, off field.
  Yes, we don't hear much about the epic poker night's at Beaver's place anymore do we?  It's hard to see this bunch partying like our guys did together after winning in 2008.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Liueli of Brookvale link=topic=185301.msg293987#msg293987 date=1284294530]

Boot camp time I think. Knock some f**king sense into some players.. Lack of discipline is a sign of laziness. They've gotta start playing for one another. I even get the impression they're not even close, off field.
  Yes, we don't hear much about the epic poker night's at Beaver's place anymore do we?  It's hard to see this bunch partying like our guys did together after winning in 2008.
[/quote]

Was gonna mention poker nights.. They just don't seem tight anymore.

Ill discipline happens when you lack resilience or play in desperation rather than with control. It was clear today and last week the players were putting in. We were just not good enough and that is where things came unstuck. A few players need to look at themselves and we will see if there is strong leadership in the club in the manner in which they approach the new season.

The biggest offender of ill discipline is Watmough. The bloke is becoming a liability. We don't have any strong leaders in our squad. Beaver did say much but he had the respect of everyone. BK was another.

I think Watmough has got his nose out of joint because he missed out on a captaincy role.

Discipline comes back to the club's culture, and as we know the playing ranks lost a lot of experience with the departure of senior men like Beaver, Bell, and Bryant, who'd all been there for some time, and then Ox, not to mention players like Hall & Lestrange. I know the club is very careful to recruit people who they think will conribute off the field, I think Gulavao has been a success story, but it will take time to replicate what we had before.

The lessons about discipline are (obviously) still unfolding as we speak, and I'm confident of a significant improvement next year. 

i reckon the lads that did play had a dig today mata but agree overall.(see my suspensions thread).

choc had bk for a couple of years then beaver as a mentor.for the last 2 years he has had himself and anyone who has met him would see that as possibly becoming a problem very quickly.

my personal view (and a couple of insiders tell me this regularly) is that outside des there is very little leadership at this club right through the warring owners,the ceo,the board who collectively dont show any real strength.as des has been there forever,staleness in a leadership sense was always going to be a problem with no-one else around.you just have to walk through the joint now compared to 3 years ago to feel it.i dont know lowe but i did know mayer and he was a very upbeat character and it really did have a flow on effect.unfortunately lowe would know that he is there as basiclly a peace agreement between max and penn and as such this would probably hinder any new initiatives that may offend ither.it cannot be an easy situation for him particularly as he is basically there at max's whim.

what to do ?

one thing is dont let the good young players escape.i dont buy this cap garbage.we have a plenty of plodders in our top side and yet we let JWH and LT go.

i have a feeling it may be more the club atmosphere that is driving them.As KE said LT would find it harder to get a run at the chooks in first grade than manly they way our pigs are going yet he leaves.

strange days indeed.

susan link said:
i reckon the lads that did play had a dig today mata but agree overall.(see my suspensions thread).

choc had bk for a couple of years then beaver as a mentor.for the last 2 years he has had himself and anyone who has met him would see that as possibly becoming a problem very quickly.

my personal view (and a couple of insiders tell me this regularly) is that outside des there is very little leadership at this club right through the warring owners,the ceo,the board who collectively dont show any real strength.as des has been there forever,staleness in a leadership sense was always going to be a problem with no-one else around.you just have to walk through the joint now compared to 3 years ago to feel it.i dont know lowe but i did know mayer and he was a very upbeat character and it really did have a flow on effect.unfortunately lowe would know that he is there as basiclly a peace agreement between max and penn and as such this would probably hinder any new initiatives that may offend ither.it cannot be an easy situation for him particularly as he is basically there at max's whim.

what to do ?

one thing is dont let the good young players escape.i dont buy this cap garbage.we have a plenty of plodders in our top side and yet we let JWH and LT go.

i have a feeling it may be more the club atmosphere that is driving them.As KE said LT would find it harder to get a run at the chooks in first grade than manly they way our pigs are going yet he leaves.

strange days indeed.
  In another thread I have suggested our only hope lies in one of the owners folding, because I don't think either will let the other buy them out.  And whoever is left will need deep pockets.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Watmough punted.  He'll poison the next generation if he stays.

I tend to agree Mata, I remember reading a while back that the younger blokes worship the ground Choc walks on and hang around him at functions, not a good sign given his current attitude.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8