Georgie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Bring him back Tooves...

00035746-Photo.jpg

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=photogallery-display&galleryid=2587

when I saw the title, I was thinking "will he be hungry enough". Then I laughed and thought "It's George Rose, of course he will be hungry"

Try putting up a photo of him from this year. Harrison behind him has mostly played first grade this year

tookey said:
Try putting up a photo of him from this year. Harrison behind him has mostly played first grade this year
07/03/2012...sorry I know it's a whole four weeks old..:huh:

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=53104&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-seven

Talking Point: Full bloom – Reports filtering through to NSWRL HQ is that George Rose’s return to the NRL may not be far off. Having had to fight his way back through the VB NSW Cup due to being set some KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) by the club, Rose has knuckled down and accepted the task that has been put in front of him. We love George, he is one of the games great characters, and we would love to have him in the VB NSW Cup all year (yes, selfish we know) but it sounds like his time with us is fast running out. Enjoy it while you can fans.

wombatgc said:
tookey said:
07/03/2012...sorry I know it's a whole four weeks old..:huh:

He looks a lot bigger in real life.

wombatgc said:
http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=53104&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-seven

Talking Point: Full bloom – Reports filtering through to NSWRL HQ is that George Rose’s return to the NRL may not be far off. Having had to fight his way back through the VB NSW Cup due to being set some KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) by the club, Rose has knuckled down and accepted the task that has been put in front of him. We love George, he is one of the games great characters, and we would love to have him in the VB NSW Cup all year (yes, selfish we know) but it sounds like his time with us is fast running out. Enjoy it while you can fans.
KPIs... what a lot of crap. The only decision to make is: is he playing well enough? Is he playing better than any one of our other props?
It has nothing to do with how he looks or how heavy he is. If that was the case Artie Beetson would have been a reserve grader.

The Who said:
wombatgc said:

KPIs... what a lot of crap. The only decision to make is: is he playing well enough? Is he playing better than any one of our other props?
It has nothing to do with how he looks or how heavy he is. If that was the case Artie Beetson would have been a reserve grader.

Umm that is a KPI

Or at least the high level KPI that the detailed KPI's would tell us.

I have no issues with him being set KPI's such as
- x amount of tackles
- X amount of metres
- No more than X amount of missed tackles
- No more than X amount of errors/penalties
- Complete the beep test to a certain level consistently.

I think they would be fair

But Daniel, you don't need KPIs to tell if a player deserves his spot. Statistics don't tell the full story.

The Who said:
But Daniel, you don't need KPIs to tell if a player deserves his spot. Statistics don't tell the full story.

Then how do you judge it?
If you use arbitrary means, it seems open to mistakes. Surely your interpenetration of who is playing well compared to who is not differs to mine, if by reasons if not personnel.

Stats may not tell the whole story, but coupled with general judgement they can paint the full picture.

Daniel said:
The Who said:

If you use arbitrary means, it seems open to mistakes. Surely your interpenetration of who is playing well compared to who is not differs to mine, if by reasons if not personnel.

Stats may not tell the whole story, but coupled with general judgement they can paint the full picture.

If you want to talk 'arbitrary', then who sets the KPIs? Who is to say how many tackles, how many runs, how many, mistakes etc constitutes a player playing well?
There are quality runs, and surrender hit-ups: mistakes and howlers; missed tackles because you are over-enthusiastic or under-enthusiastic; tries scored due to your own brilliance or simply being in the right spot at the right time . . .
I believe anybody who knows football can make a valued judgement on whether someone deserves his place without having to rely on statistics, fat metres, beep tests etc.

The Who said:
Daniel said:
The Who said:

If you want to talk 'arbitrary', then who sets the KPIs? Who is to say how many tackles, how many runs, how many, mistakes etc constitutes a player playing well?
There are quality runs, and surrender hit-ups: mistakes and howlers; missed tackles because you are over-enthusiastic or under-enthusiastic; tries scored due to your own brilliance or simply being in the right spot at the right time . . .
I believe anybody who knows football can make a valued judgement on whether someone deserves his place without having to rely on statistics, fat metres, beep tests etc.

That is an easy answer.

You measure it by the top performers in both the team and the competition, you can retrospectively say in premiership years, our forwards averaged x metres per run, x tackles per game, x missed tackles and so on.

Therefore you have a very good measure and not at all arbitrary, you can measure it by success.

I'd say for that matter his fitness etc is probably the biggest issue here though

If Lussick get a couple of weeks then he might get a run. Against the Dogs would be good. A bit of 'heft' hopefully would show Kite and Princess the way forward. Also Joe might need more time with his foot. He was struggling big time on Saturday night.

The Who said:

I believe for George the KPIs are more likely to be how many hamburgers, how many chocolate bars, how many pizzas...

Forwards to face the dogs.

King
Kite
Buhrer
Stewart

Mauro
Galavou
Rose
Skinner

More ten capable, George has the experience to mix it with the best hope he makes his return against des and blasts barber off the park again !

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4