George Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
...was just suited up on TV for the Dogs vs. Storm pre-game, saying that he is off contract at the end of this year and moving back to Sydney.

Was wondering if anyone thought he'd be a more effective forward than some that we have in our stocks at the moment.

Personally I don't see how he wouldn't be a good bench option, he surely would not be that expensive either.

I'd have George again.

I know he didn't tow the line last time but I think he'd realise what he'd lost and would love to come back, maybe for a reasonable contract.

We need some size and experience and George fits the bill. Plus the fans love him and so do the players.

Come home George!

George had impact.

I don't understand what the problem was.

If you look at how overrun our forwards have been in the recent past, we'd do a lot worse than having George out there.

Bring him home I say.

HappilyManly said:
No, he refused to train and maintain fitness - wasted his talents :dodgy:

I'd be tempted to say say "maybe yes" but this concerns me too.

And Manly gave Georgie several chances to toe-the-line here.

I wondered if (in the end) Tooves and co. just got tired of his excuses and too-casual attitude?

IF that changed; Georgie did his duty like all the other top 25 blokes have to do; and we had enough money to offer him a modest INCENTIVE-based deal for a year, I would say YES.

That's a lot of "IF's" though.

And about the 5th or 6th chance he's had (including his time with Melbourne and the Rorters) to stick it out as a pro-footy-player.

He's also 31 now...And a lot of us blokes know it gets even harder to battle-the-bulge over 30 too.

@"Big Pete C Eagle" might have an opinion, or interest, in this one, considering Georgie was born in Bathurst!

I thought that Bellyache was going to beat some sense of responsibility into him. But he tried to walk out of his one year contract about 3 times :s

Not a Team Player anymore Georgie :(

RiverEagle said:
HappilyManly said:
No, he refused to train and maintain fitness - wasted his talents :dodgy:

I'd be tempted to say say "maybe yes" but this concerns me too.

And Manly gave Georgie several chances to toe-the-line here.

I wondered if (in the end) Tooves and co. just got tired of his excuses and too-casual attitude?

IF that changed; Georgie did his duty like all the other top 25 blokes have to do; and we had enough money to offer him a modest INCENTIVE-based deal for a year, I would say YES.

That's a lot of "IF's" though.

And about the 5th or 6th chance he's had (including his time with Melbourne and the Rorters) to stick it out as a pro-footy-player.

He's also 31 now...And a lot of us blokes know it gets even harder to battle-the-bulge over 30 too.

@"Big Pete C Eagle" might have an opinion, or interest, in this one, considering Georgie was born in Bathurst!

G'day all,Ithink it was more to do with George not fitting the profile of more mobile types that Tooves was in favour of,thinking the game was to become faster but as we now know there still is room for the big guys.I've always stuck up for George because he is a genuine footballer with a lot of ability and I think it would be great to see him back,because if nothing else he's big and can bend the line which as we all know is something we sorely lack at the moment.
cheers mike

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4