1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

George Rose

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by NYEagle, Oct 7, 2013.

1. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    Absolute no-show at the club tonight.

Perhaps he was there, but no-one saw him enter or leave the club, and even though Kitey has working the mic and calling for him he didn't show.

Shows Georgie is genuinely sad to leaving Manly. Thanks for your contribution.

2. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Georgie! Georgie!! Get away from that mixed grill buffet....

3. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Sad or not...should have fronted! I wasn't at the club,but I know many who were,and would have wanted to see the big fella.After all,who actually keeps this ship afloat in the long run?

• Like Like x 1
  4. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +652 / 6
    i was pi55ed off at ch9, after they interviewed foz at the end of the game as joey finished you could hear someone say george's name as if they were about to talk to him. then the commentators came over the top & we missed the chance to hear what he had to say.

5. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    And I missed seeing his new Reg Grundies! These are the important things.

6. strone33

strone33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 29
    He really was a no show?

7. MANLY4LIFE

MANLY4LIFE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +383 / 6
    I think it showed in the way he played aswell, he was quiet all game,gonna miss u big fella !

8. Andy 1972

Andy 1972 Active Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    I will miss the big fella. That tackle on our line last night was gold. Thanks for the memories Georgie.

Andy1972
    Manly Forever.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    It was disappointing he didn't come bck to the club last night. It would be the last time we'd see him. Sad or not, we wanted to hear from the big man and show him our admiration.

Very disappointing end to a great stint at our club.

10. strone33

strone33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 29
    Anyone know why he didn't come back?

11. Eagle1963

Eagle1963 Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    My thoughts are maybe it was all too emotional for him. Behind the jokes is a sensitive guy. It is a shame he is going. kite was pushed out but landed a big contract with Penrith. I doubt George would be asking for too much money and i think that is what is hurting him.

12. effnic

effnic Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +215 / 6
    No one has mentioned that tackle he made. My word, was amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nate

Nate New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Georgie was also a no-show at Diggers. People can say that it's easier for Kite based on the deal at Penrith etc, but talking to him was really emotional. He is not happy about leaving and does not want to go at all.

14. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    he was staying off the piss so he could play in the Koori Knockout in Newcastle the next day, but i think his team was knocked out already?

15. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Doesn't matter about Koori knock outs,staying off the booze,sad,whatever...the fans pay good $$ all year,and expect (rightly so) to see their stars at the club after the game.What would happen if all the fans got emotional,and stayed away from the games/the club/the memberships/the factory outlet? Membership etc would be bleating like sheep to get us back!!

16. Catch_20_2

Catch_20_2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 2
    Please ayjay .... lets hear George's side of the story first. He's been great with his time for the entire year and a favourite of all. He's only human.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kosef

Kosef Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    People deal with things in different ways, and it would be heartbreaking for the guys after a loss. I remember seeing Mark Carroll outside of the Leagues Club after the 97' GF, and he was absolutely distraught. He didn't want to go into the Club and kept turning around to walk away, but his wife convinced him to go in after about 10 minutes.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Yeah, when he made that tackle I thought it might be a defining moment of the match, stopping their momentum and strengthening our resolve. It was inspirational. But we let them waltz over untouched for a try the very next play.

19. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/George-Rose-farewells-Manly-fans/85709

Gorgeous' message to Manly Fans, straight after the GF :angel:

Gorgeouse will always be part of the Manly Family:heart:

The first Scum Player to be cheered at Brookie :idea::D

20. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    Thanks for the memories, George. I will continue to follow his career and hold him in the greatest respect. Ditto Brent Kite (and Wolfman if he leaves).

• Like Like x 1