George rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like George. Think he has had a good season with us this year and seems enthusiastic to keep playing for us.

Unfortunately I do not think he is in the long term mix of the club - which is a shame.

Both would be great to keep, I'd keep Rose 1st but that is up to the bean counters. Wolfman is a must keep

I'd love him to stay but will understand if the club is forced to move him on. Juggling the salary cap sucks but it has to be done.

It's a no from me , time for some much needed impact off the bench.... Think the money would be better spent elsewhere, been good George thanks for the memory's but time to move on.

Great game from George today, bent the line with every run. Has been consistently good since being brought back to the top grade when he was desperatly needed. Yes from me.

It'd be different if Georgie's form didn't warrant it.

But you'd have to be an apprentice pinkie to be blind enough to miss his value.

He's no international but he's far from a dud.

George played really well today. He made some strong runs.

I dont know if we have the cap to keep him, but he does bring happiness to the club. I think we need to keep him on in a future roll as an ambassador, because he always wears a manly smile proud.

If we keep him it should be one year contract, as i fear he is playing well for a contract.

Great player and a great bloke. But the problem is not with Manly but with the way the game is going.

Props are playing more and more minutes and if you look at the top line props in our game they are pretty much marathon machines.

The only real exception is Kasiano and they can only get away with it due their massive pack and even that causes problems (eg whenever he gets injured you add about 2-3 weeks on top of it to get him right for his next game).

Georgie won't be with us next season. Sad, but the coaching staff have decided they need more than 15 minutes stints.

anthonyb1965 said:
Poola said:
I hope we can hold on to him. No one else can. I'll forego Gower. I just feel Rose typifies Manly and gives us oomph going forward.
Any thoughts anyone?

Ditto

Pretty much this. The big fella puts in 110% every game and he's hard to stop. The game, and Manly, need this sort of character rather than the Adonis build stoopids that typifi the NRL forward pack.

Yeah I would love to see him stay
Spoke to him after the game and got a pic with him. Top bloke. He just said there is no money there for him. I told Toovey to sign him and he just gave me a stupid look lol

Go Manly

A definite yes for me. Great for the club. As mentioned, his form is good.
If he does go, I hope he isn't lost to the game.

With Ligi Sao and Jake Trbojevic waiting I don't see that we will keep him. He's been a great servant to the club but we aren't a club that hangs onto players when there is young potential coming thru i.e Kitey going. I think King will go around again so it's going to be thanks George and good luck with your future.

George has hit a bit of a purple patch of form and I'm very impressed how he just seems to drag tacklers an extra 5 every time. Amazing. The club will do what it wants and if this is his last year then he has left us with some great memories.

1947 said:
I like George. Think he has had a good season with us this year and seems enthusiastic to keep playing for us.

Unfortunately I do not think he is in the long term mix of the club - which is a shame.
When George is in form he can mix it with the best of them !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4