1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

George Rose

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Time for a topic where we can profess our love for the big bastard

I figured out last night when he came on, that he could now very well be my favourite player

I love the fact that he is a bigger bloke, had a horrendous injury that should have seen his career end, but has battled back after our club showed him some loyalty, and imo is now our best front rower

And forget about Snake, Rosie is now our new try scoring machine, 4 in 5 games !!!

Every time he gets the ball, he goes hard, and he goes straight, and that extra bit of beef makes him harder to stop

Well done to Big George, and also the club, for getting this bloke to where he is now

2. Cletus

Cletus Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    He's been going great all year. I think last night he made 136 metres from 11 runs. The guy really wears down their defences and gets a quick play the ball most of the time, probably the best impact prop running around at the moment.

3. kingyfan

kingyfan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    He is now rivalling Kingy as our number one prop.

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    He has passed King as our best prop. Noticable last night that we were stronger in both metres and defence when Kite and Rose were on the paddock.

5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    If you want to see George in the Props Pentathlon

After 12 weeks, Manly prop George Rose finally broke away from the pack with a brilliant all-round performance and a score of 4/5. Big George's sideline conversion in particular would  make Hazem El Masri proud.

here is the link
    scroll to the bottom

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25644548-5018866,00.html

6. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    George is going great guns as his form shows. And with everything he has been through I'm glad he is still a Eagle. A real Brookie cult hero. I agree with KE it's great how the club has stuck by him and showed loyalty and he is giving 100% effort back in return.

The best thing is that George Rose has resigned awesome.

7. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    He's playing brilliant. He's becoming one of those props that you feel near the line he's every chance of barging over and scoring. Which isn't something Kite or King tends to do - so that's awesome.

8. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Great stuff, I wonder how much that 40/20 missed by. So close to 5/5.

9. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    What a great success story Gorgeous George Rose is. I love his style of running, just run straight and hard at the line and take four or five of the opposition’s defenders with you to stop him. Couldn’t have happen to a nicer bloke and I hope he gets picked to play representative football one day.

What about Ben Farrar, Mr versatile, is there anywhere this kid can’t play. I have a soft spot for Bani but if Farrar can keep up this form I just hope we lock him and Rose to long term contracts.

Future is looking great.

10. bhot

bhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0

Great stuff, I wonder how much that 40/20 missed by. So close to 5/5.
    [/quote]

Maybe he could do our line drop-outs.....based on what he did in the prop pentathalon

11. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,701 / 257
  12. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Good onya big fella.

Ben Farrar has been a very good swap. He is going alot better than bani is for the cowboys.