George Rose to play in PM's XIII v PNG

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stiffi

Reserve Grader
Manly forward George Rose has been called into the ARL Prime Minister's XIII team to take on Papua New Guinea in Port Moresby on September 27.

Rose will take his place on the interchange bench, with Newcastle veteran Adam MacDougall moving to the wing to replace South Sydney's Nathan Merritt, who has been ruled out with a hand injury.

Prime Minister's XIII: Josh Dugan (Canberra), Adam MacDougall (Newcastle), Michael Jennings (Penrith), Joel Monaghan (Canberra), David Williams (Manly), Terry Campese (Canberra), Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland), Petero Civoniceva (Penrith-capt), Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers), Keith Galloway (Wests Tigers), Trent Waterhouse (Penrith), Luke O'Donnell (North Queensland), Paul Gallen (Cronulla). Interchange: Luke Lewis (Penrith), Dave Shillington (Canberra), Nate Myles (Roosters), Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (Canberra), George Rose (Manly).

Why play in these Mickey Mouse comps?  I just hope he doesn't hurt himself.  I believe it can be very hot up there and the grounds are rough.  Watch the legs Georgie-Boy. 

I'd bet georgie is v. happy to play. good to see his excellent form has been noticed. the kind of go forward he gave us when others were struggling is well worth having on your bench for a rep side.

I imagine he's very happy to play.  What I think should happen is that the Qld Cup should go into PNG as a for-runner to setting up an NRL franchise when facilities are up to scratch.  The PNG government is, apparently, very keen to throw money at a stadium.  Until then, a lower level of comp should be encouraged.  Flogging PNG is not the way to start out.  Set up a Qld Cup side now, and send the stars up there to spread the word.

The inclusion of the PNG in the QLD cup, is a bloody good idea DSM.
I'm not pissing in any one's pocket, but i wish a few of the officials had as much forethought.
I love the raw enthusiasm that PNG have for this great game of ours, and would hate to see it lost to AFL.

I can't see why they would let Thurston, Civoniceva, Gallen, O'Donnell & Myles play in these games. They should be letting younger guys with less rep experience play in these fixtures.

Players like Campese, Galloway, Dugan & Rose are great examples of players who should be playing in these games. It's not like PNG are a NZ or England!!

Because the NRL are a bunch of old farts, led by a complete fool.  Just look at the people they employ as selectors.  As everyone on this site has observed and commented on many times, there's no vision, no thought, no nothing coming down from the 'top'.  The ship is just drifting.

Myles will be right at home in PNG as the hotels up their are pretty primative and crapping in the hall is probably standard.

Stiffi link said:
I can't see why they would let Thurston, Civoniceva, Gallen, O'Donnell & Myles play in these games. They should be letting younger guys with less rep experience play in these fixtures.

Players like Campese, Galloway, Dugan & Rose are great examples of players who should be playing in these games. It's not like PNG are a NZ or England!!

Those guys will most likely end up on the tour at the end of the year...and have not played for a number of weeks.....so need match fitness

Nothing that sinister really

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4