1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

George Rose to play in PM's XIII v PNG

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Stiffi, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Stiffi

Stiffi Active Member 2016 Tipping Competitor 2015 Tipping Competitor

Manly forward George Rose has been called into the ARL Prime Minister's XIII team to take on Papua New Guinea in Port Moresby on September 27.

Rose will take his place on the interchange bench, with Newcastle veteran Adam MacDougall moving to the wing to replace South Sydney's Nathan Merritt, who has been ruled out with a hand injury.

Prime Minister's XIII: Josh Dugan (Canberra), Adam MacDougall (Newcastle), Michael Jennings (Penrith), Joel Monaghan (Canberra), David Williams (Manly), Terry Campese (Canberra), Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland), Petero Civoniceva (Penrith-capt), Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers), Keith Galloway (Wests Tigers), Trent Waterhouse (Penrith), Luke O'Donnell (North Queensland), Paul Gallen (Cronulla). Interchange: Luke Lewis (Penrith), Dave Shillington (Canberra), Nate Myles (Roosters), Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (Canberra), George Rose (Manly).
  2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+516 / 0
    Why play in these Mickey Mouse comps?  I just hope he doesn't hurt himself.  I believe it can be very hot up there and the grounds are rough.  Watch the legs Georgie-Boy. 
  3. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+2,424 / 31
    Aren't you a fan of developing PNG though DSM ????

Big Georgie will be a start up there
  4. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

+137 / 0
    I'd bet georgie is v. happy to play. good to see his excellent form has been noticed. the kind of go forward he gave us when others were struggling is well worth having on your bench for a rep side.
  5. DSM5

+516 / 0
    I imagine he's very happy to play.  What I think should happen is that the Qld Cup should go into PNG as a for-runner to setting up an NRL franchise when facilities are up to scratch.  The PNG government is, apparently, very keen to throw money at a stadium.  Until then, a lower level of comp should be encouraged.  Flogging PNG is not the way to start out.  Set up a Qld Cup side now, and send the stars up there to spread the word.
  6. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+1,753 / 22
    The inclusion of the PNG in the QLD cup, is a bloody good idea DSM.
    I'm not pissing in any one's pocket, but i wish a few of the officials had as much forethought.
    I love the raw enthusiasm that PNG have for this great game of ours, and would hate to see it lost to AFL.
  7. Stiffi

Stiffi Active Member 2016 Tipping Competitor 2015 Tipping Competitor

I can't see why they would let Thurston, Civoniceva, Gallen, O'Donnell & Myles play in these games. They should be letting younger guys with less rep experience play in these fixtures.

Players like Campese, Galloway, Dugan & Rose are great examples of players who should be playing in these games. It's not like PNG are a NZ or England!!
  8. DSM5

+516 / 0
    Because the NRL are a bunch of old farts, led by a complete fool.  Just look at the people they employ as selectors.  As everyone on this site has observed and commented on many times, there's no vision, no thought, no nothing coming down from the 'top'.  The ship is just drifting.
  9. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

+1,723 / 71
    Drifting up to Coffs for a meeting with a Hollywood elite
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

+0 / 0
    Myles will be right at home in PNG as the hotels up their are pretty primative and crapping in the hall is probably standard.
  11. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+3,563 / 66
    Those guys will most likely end up on the tour at the end of the year...and have not played for a number of weeks.....so need match fitness

Nothing that sinister really