Geoof Toovey to give Coaches report @ MWDRLFC AGM Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jonesyv2

Reserve Grader
Hi Silvertailers(?),

Bob Reilly Chairman of the MWDRLFC has has just informed me that he has organised for Geoff Toovey to attend tonights AGM, 7pm @ the Leauges club. To give a coaches report & field questions from FC members in attendance.

Apologies for the late notice as it was only confirmed late this afternoon.
Also apologies if i should of put this in the AGM thread but i felt it warranted it's own? (Feel free to merge if this isn't the case, also sorry for typo in thread name)

Hope to see you there.

From memory Des did address the FC AGM once a few years ago.
If my memory serves me right it was after the 2008 GF and I think Grant Meyer also spoke.

Geoff spoke well and updates us on the current training regime, injury update (Kingy will be good for the WCC and Wolfman (who is now beardless) if not for round 1 then likely pretty soon after)

Explained that the club had spoken to the NRL regarding the scheduling of the first 5 rounds and that the Parra game (away) had been changed from a Monday night to a Saturday (7.30 KO)

He said the players were looking forward to the UK trip (and referenced the MWTS being there as well which they are pleased about) and keen to have a good season on the back of last years.

Mentioned that we will of course face some challenges with player retention to keep us under the cap but that it is a reality in the game and we have had a pretty settles team over the last few years.

Referenced Shane and Robbo going.

Thanked the FC and supporters for their continued support of the football operations side of the business.

See the thread re the AGM for more info

the player retention thing with us,it never seems to get any better,yet the bulldogs keep buying players,close to 2 teams in the last 2 years,and they never get mentioned as even getting close to the cap

Actually one thing that Tooves said that we are facing massive salary cap issues in 2013 - they are trying hard to keep both DCE and Foran but reading between the lines I reckon he was expecting to lose one of them.

Hopefully by 2013 the salary cap will have increased substantially from the new Tv rights

If we are to lose one of Foran or DCE, i'd do my best to keep DCE. In a perfect world i'd keep both but if pushed to decide, DCE for sure.

The Wheel said:
Actually one thing that Tooves said that we are facing massive salary cap issues in 2013 - they are trying hard to keep both DCE and Foran but reading between the lines I reckon he was expecting to lose one of them.

Thats why des left, might be a tad tough

imo every contract he made should be evaluated,i wouldn't put anything past him, thats why Kite and Joe were resigned at haste

2012 will be the last season for either Foran or Brett Stewart.

Also unsigned for 2013 are Ballin, Whare, Lussick, Oldfield and Wolfman.

I'm filthy we resigned our prop rotation without a thought, Kite has been great for us over the years as has King but lets face it, they are getting towards the back end of their careers,Joe may not even have this year left, Rose had to stay tbh as he is a but of a cult hero and a handy player for around $200k max

Our starting props are a weakness imo, Kite plays big games only at finals time or vs melbourne, otherwise he is just spakfiller and a wannabe halfback who runs more metres sideways as Orford ever did

This is why coach signing 2 years out from contract end is utter ****,Des must be giggling his traitor ass off

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7