Geoff Toovey says he ‘always feels secure’ despite Manly’s early season struggles.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tooves is doing a great job for a club that is in crisis. Look what's happening around him- Owners & CEO don't communicate with him & want him gone, players are injured and of course that is going to affect on field performance! Keep fighting Tooves your doing a good job. Manly legend & great player and so far a successful coach. Give him a break!

Tooves is doing a great job for a club that is in crisis. Look what's happening around him- Owners & CEO don't communicate with him & want him gone, players are injured and of course that is going to affect on field performance! Keep fighting Tooves your doing a good job. Manly legend & great player and so far a successful coach. Give him a break!
Give your self a break from reading all the rubbish media myth stories

I think Tommy Raudonikus graduated in the same voice and head school as well Tezar :)
Fred Jones however has an excellent speaking voice. Always comes across well and could teach the current generation of football captains (and certain politicians for that matter) a thing or two about how to conduct themselves in an interview - i.e. speaking in full sentences whilst avoiding lapses into hackneyed cliches.

Watching Tooves last night, he clearly gets on well with the other panellists. Kent in particular seems to like him. So if he does get the flick, I wouldn't be surprised to see him pick up a regular gig on the show.

“There’s always pressure on the coaches. Before a ball was kicked off there was pressure for some reason,” Toovey said on Wednesday.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl.../story-e6frf3ru-1227287644472?from=public_rss
Hello all fellow diehard Manly supporters. I am a life long Manly supporter who has followed this site with interest for many years, even when it was part of the club website - so go easy on me with my first post. I love 2V both as a player & coach. I have info that Trent Barrett will be the coach next year, or sooner if the wins dont come soon....Dont laugh...it will happen.

Hello all fellow diehard Manly supporters. I am a life long Manly supporter who has followed this site with interest for many years, even when it was part of the club website - so go easy on me with my first post. I love 2V both as a player & coach. I have info that Trent Barrett will be the coach next year, or sooner if the wins dont come soon....Dont laugh...it will happen.
Really ? What does Barrett bring to the table ?

As I said, I love 2V. I agree that Barrett, being a non-Manly man, would not be a good option. The only reasons that I think that the club want him are:
1) They have seen other young coaches make a quick impression in recent times (Robinson & Maguire) &
2) He would come relatively cheap, as far as coaches go.

Barrett's brilliant coaching record
Mr 33% to save the Sea eagles

2012–14 Country Origin 3 Games 1 wins 1 draw1 loss 33 %

Last edited:
As I said, I love 2V. I agree that Barrett, being a non-Manly man, would not be a good option. The only reasons that I think that the club want him are:
1) They have seen other young coaches make a quick impression in recent times (Robinson & Maguire) &
He certainly would come cheap because in life we usually get what we pay for

I doubt they are looking at Barrett. Perhaps as a stop gap to try to get Des back.

Give me Tooves over those two every minute of the day.

Barrett.... are you serious? Helloooooooooooooooo

Yeah if we are looking at Barrett it would be a short term thing to see how he goes until cleary or Des are on the market.

We should be sounding out both now if we are interested. Greenberg didn't care about Des having a contract at manly. We would have to pay massive overs for both so depends if Penn wants to do that or not.

If we want the best though u have to pay for it. Not pay unders like Joe Kelly tried to do with dce.

In saying all this I love Tooves and hope he can turn this around and be here for 10 years

Really ? What does Barrett bring to the table ?
At least we can slap him - 2v would deck us if we tried it on him :p

Have the disgruntled Players been asked who they want to play for?
It seems like a handful are holding the Club to ransom with their precious attitudes about 2v.
If they don't know how to win after 10 years in FG - :swear: Off :mad:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6