Geoff Toovey rejects Des Hasler bust-up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

kimox

Lets not get too hysterical about everything we read in the paper, especially the Telegraph. See Manly Daily article below:

Geoff Toovey rejects Des Hasler bust-up
9 NOV 11 @ 04:45PM BY CARLEEN FROST

MANLY Sea Eagles legend Geoff Toovey has hit back at reports he and coach Des Hasler have fallen out amid claims he could take the reins from the two-time premiership winner before his contract ends.

Reports surfaced today that the two had come to bitter blows after it was revealed the Bulldogs were trying to sign Manly playmaker Kieran Foran for the 2013 season - the same year Hasler will switch to Belmore.

The matter was set for discussion at a Sea Eagles board meeting yesterday as rumours circled that Hasler could be sent packing early.

But Toovey, who will replace Hasler once his contract expires, said he has no plans to start the job before the end of next season.

``The club said they were committed to Des from day one and nothing’s changed that I’m aware of,’’ he said.

``There’s been no falling out between between me and Des. The whole thing has just been made up.’‘

While the Bulldogs declined to comment on the matter today, Foran’s manager was quick to hose down reports the five-eighth was considering a switch to the Canterbury Bulldogs under Hasler.

Paul Sutton told the Manly Daily his star client was on contract until 2014 and had not been in any talks to follow Hasler across town.

``There’s absolutely no truth to it at all,’’ he said.

``(The Bulldogs) haven’t approached us and we haven’t approached them.

``These stories come out and we scratch our heads.’‘

A spokeswoman for the Sea Eagles said Hasler would not comment on the reports.

Paul Sutton is Forans manager? I though Mimis was? And i always said that Foran was signed until 2014, eveyone thought his contract ended in 2013.

Who knows how things will turn out? One thing is certain, a lot of extreme abuse and insults have already been hurled at various individuals, and it may be that a lot of the abuse hurlers will end up recanting abuse because it turned out they went off half-cocked. Going off half-cocked is never recommended and surely it is the antithesis of being Manly.

But why couldn't the club come out this morning and said that foran was signed until 2014 and that the paper reports were wrong?

Unless maybe they are going to sack des tonight and then Foran's get out clause is in action?

Most info we are receiving is coming via the media

You mean those knob jockey "journalists" at "The Daily Telegraph" make stuff up with the sole intention of selling newspapers to people who don't like the Manly club? My faith in mankind has been irreparably damaged…
If there's one thing we should all have learned by now, it's not to believe everything we read.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Who knows how things will turn out? One thing is certain, a lot of extreme abuse and insults have already been hurled at various individuals, and it may be that a lot of the abuse hurlers will end up recanting abuse because it turned out they went off half-cocked. Going off half-cocked is never recommended and surely it is the antithesis of being Manly.

What would be interesting would be if someone was collecting all the responses posters had of the coach, officials, and players (who have been accused in many different ways) of being 'this or that', and seeing how many have to eat humble pie... all because so many have gone off in reaction to the media. I think a wall of all the great statements and responses from various fans may be quite embarrassing. :p;)

Ceagle said:
Paul Sutton is Forans manager? I though Mimis was? And i always said that Foran was signed until 2014, eveyone thought his contract ended in 2013.

Paul Sutton has always been his manager. But his contract has a get out clause.

A player manager will never confirm his client is talking elsewhere with a year to run on his contract. It would damage the bidding war when his client is "ready to talk money".

MrInvisible said:
A player manager will never confirm his client is talking elsewhere with a year to run on his contract. It would damage the bidding war when his client is "ready to talk money".
2 years

Two KEY words to keep in the back of your mind when reading the "articles" written by the majority of current sports "journalists".... and why we must remember these words:

1) INTEGRITY: "journalists" lack in this department.

2) AGENDA: they ALL have one...

They are intrinsically linked; as one pushes an agenda, one loses integrity... Especially when being impartial was once the rule.

Most importantly remember that the journos' pushing the Manly hate campaign have NEVER SOARED LIKE AN EAGLE... because they live a lifetime of being surrounded by TURKEYS.

It isn't a Manly hate campaign - they stir up whatever club can give them the big news stories and sell papers. It is just our turn at the moment.

Whether the media has caused the implosion or that Manly gave them the opportunity to start peddling the lies, who knows.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Ceagle said:

Really? I know the irony here but the DT says otherwise...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/kieran-foran-believed-to-be-amongst-five-sea-eagles-who-could-fly-the-nest/story-e6frexnr-1226161607947

Jono said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Ceagle said:

Paul Sutton works for SFX Sports, which is George Mimis company, so for once the DT has got something right.

manly joe said:
Jono said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Ceagle said:

Paul Sutton works for SFX Sports, which is George Mimis company, so for once the DT has got something right.

That's a first.

I reckon we have tied up Foz till 2014 and they have got him to agree to remove the get out clause. Co-incidently i remember when David Perry was talking to the "Talkin Sport" guys he said they were in the process of sorting out contracts and hoped to have everyone under lock and key soon.
I reckon this is what has happened they have managed to sort the players contracts out first and get rid of the uncertanty there. And now with contracts sorted for the next couple of years they have gone after Des and are trying to force him to resign by asking him to explain himself knowing that he is petulant and wont be dictated to by this board he would rather resign than answer to them. Its a classic power play but they wouldnt be trying it on if the players were ready to walk.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4