Geoff Toovey has warned his players they are on notice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have to give our future players a red hot go.I can see Lui JSL Jake T & Sao becoming the corner stones of our pack in the same way Kingy,Watnow and Gift were,it just takes time.We need to move forward and make the most of this year otherwise it will be a complete right off!

If only our wingers were the problem.....

We have massive injury issues, a squad of 25 is depleted by the loss Tafua, Lyon, Matai, Starling, Lawrence, Mateo, Gutherson & Leary.

Toovey has nowhere to turn, we just need to ride this out.

Its not going to be easy.

Penrith did it last season, so it's no excuse.

Whoops, could of said "chop"
index.jpg

Geez guys. I am running foul in the tipping. I have been tipping manly so I am at least 4 points behind.

Can I tip Manly this week, maybe not but if I don't the b@st@rds are gonna win in an upset, sigh, I think I will tip Manly and hope like heck!

Team unchanged from last week
Yep. A hollow threat in the great tradition of NRL leaders. There are certain players who don't deserve the confidence Tooves has in them. If they fail again it will be his head on the block, not theirs. Far better to put your faith in up-and-comers who you know will give 100%.

During the pre-season we were all crowing about Manly's depth in the outside backs. Snake, Peta, Killer, Skivy, Blair, Gutho, Jorge, Wiliame, Wolf and Tom T.

Problem is that no one counted on losing Killer and Skivy at the same time and for more than just one game. That's 467 games of experience missing right there (263 for Killer, 204 for Skivy). We're also missing Jorge (65 games) plus the Wolfman seems to be in the 'do not pick' class and that's another 100 games. Between them, Peta, Blair, Wiliame and Tom T haven't even played 100 games. Peta and Blair have each played 42 games, Wiliame 9 and Tom just the 1.

Pray we don't also lose Snake to injury.....

Take out Killer, Skivy, the Wolfman and Jorge and we are missing 632 games of experience in the backline. That's a hell of a lot of experience missing right there and when you add that we've lost the experience of Kingdog (241), Gifty (185) and Choc (286) from the forwards is it any wonder why we're a shadow of our former selves right now?

1,344 games worth of experience missing (which includes the first choice and one of the backup goal kickers). No club could have that and still be on top.

Last edited:
He can 'warn the players' all he likes, but if he does nothing about it, or if he does not 'have the authority' to back up his warnings, the players will not take it that seriously. Those with the biggest egos will discount the 'warnings' the quickest. Wouldn't be surprised if 2V himself has received a similar warning, and he is merely passing it along.
This week's team selection would indicate to me, he has neither the freedom or the inclination to back up his 'warning'.

wouldn't be the worst thing to have the enthusiasm of tom t at the back. If snake had made even half his runs he could have been of use.
I agree - never thought I'd say this but this week I would leave brett out. Hiku or Tom T to fullback.

Brett was more interested in trick shots like batting the ball on last week. Did not roll his sleeves up at any time.

Cheese Blair cannot be in first grade this week. Bring back wolf
Are you serious. I know Cheyse does a few things wrong but David Williams Please. We are hitting the bottom of the Barrell when they Pick Williams. He Goooone as a decent Player. Look to the future not the past.

I imagine if Killer is still out and he was in a boot yesterday then a healthy Satini would take over his spot, pairing with Matai. As guys come back hopefully a few of these faces never see first grade again...

I wonder if 2V re-warned them that they are now on the 4th, and possibly last semi-final notice, and that they might (well kind of) be replaced ?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6