Geoff Toovey has warned his players they are on notice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
SEA Eagles coach Geoff Toovey has warned his players they are on notice following Saturday’s 29-16 loss to the Canberra Raiders on Saturday in Albury.
313703-toovey.jpg

He will make a decision on any changes to his side for Saturday night’s game against the Penrith Panthers at Pepper Stadium after video analysis of the weekend.

But there are not likely to be major changes the side with the club’s current injury crisis limiting Toovey’s options.

“We had plenty of opportunities but just didn’t capitalise on them,” Toovey said.

In saying that, we just need to be better defensively.”

Making a tough situation even tougher is that Toovey expects to be without star centres Steve Matai and Jamie Lyon this week.
Matai (shoulder) and Lyon (groin) were both missing from the Raiders game, which now sees the team in the unfamiliar position of having one win after the first five rounds.

“When you are not winning and you are not playing well, everyone is on notice,” Toovey said.

“It’s always taxing, when you are not winning the first few rounds it puts pressure on you.

“We’ve been here before in this situation and managed to dig our way out of out.

“With the playing squad and the coaching staff we are a club that can do that and we will do that again.”

Backrower Jamie Buhrer sustained a slight concussion on Saturday but will be right to play the Panthers.

The positive to come out of the game was the NRL debut of Mona Vale Raiders back Tom Trbojevic who scored two tries.

“I thought he was really good, he brought some youthful enthusiasm even though we lost … and he tried his butt off,” he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toovey has to be ruthless now. The team has too many passengers at the moment. I would rest DCE and let him get fit. The team needs to lift and trust me Penrith will after 3 straight defeats.

Toovey has been very loyal to this team. I think we need some variety in the pack as we are constantly on the back foot around the ruck.

The problem is what I said last October when I heard that Foran was bragging about leaving - their attitudes and culture is cancerous. They are destabilising and disheartening the whole group.

If Toovey puts DCE or Foran on notice, why the **** would they care. They'd shrug, and say, "so? give me a paid holiday for the year if you want".

And that would suit Foran to a tee imo - he's been there as a body only for months upon months.

Can someone please explain the alleged politics keeping Wolf out of the team?

The problem is what I said last October when I heard that Foran was bragging about leaving - their attitudes and culture is cancerous. They are destabilising and disheartening the whole group.

If Toovey puts DCE or Foran on notice, why the **** would they care. They'd shrug, and say, "so? give me a paid holiday for the year if you want".

And that would suit Foran to a tee imo - he's been there as a body only for months upon months.
Why not put him in NSW Cup? Gould did it to Jennings.

How about that raiders try where neither Dce nor brett even tried to dive in the ball? That was one of the worst manly plays in memory for me. Dce made it ultra clear that he wasn't going for the ball by holding out his arms early in the piece as a half assed "block". Brett was in 2nd gear. It was really obvious to the raider who scored that neither defender had any commitment to competing for the ball.

Why not put him in NSW Cup? Gould did it to Jennings.
Because Geoff has lost his playing group already. If he does this, it could spell the end of any relationship between the players / Geoff. Gould / Cleary have a whole different level of respect and leadership than our club does at present.

Toovey can't do anything, because he's got no support from leadership or his players.

Because Geoff has lost his playing group already. If he does this, it could spell the end of any relationship between the players / Geoff. Gould / Cleary have a whole different level of respect and leadership than our club does at present.

Toovey can't do anything, because he's got no support from leadership or his players.
And that's worse than losing? Call hus bluff, the infantile little pratt.

There's a lesson here. Next time we have a 10 year golden era (it will happen) and a bunch of players aged around 30 start to get restless, I'd say go for it, bye bye. Released. Start the rebuild proactively.

Yeah I know the halves are youngish, but the club has been held to ransom by too many of the core group.

If only our wingers were the problem.....

We have massive injury issues, a squad of 25 is depleted by the loss Tafua, Lyon, Matai, Starling, Lawrence, Mateo, Gutherson & Leary.

Toovey has nowhere to turn, we just need to ride this out.

Its not going to be easy.

If only our wingers were the problem.....

We have massive injury issues, a squad of 25 is depleted by the loss Tafua, Lyon, Matai, Starling, Lawrence, Mateo, Gutherson & Leary.

Toovey has nowhere to turn, we just need to ride this out.

Its not going to be easy.
It is not going to be easy but not impossible . Everything is possible with a legend like Toovey . Looking forward to skin the cats this Saturday night !

I would like to know who was the player who said " we built this club". We can do without these type of players.

Lol. Wasn't it great to watch dropmough on the weekend. Those arm grabs were poetry in motion. Specially loved those crablike runs into dead ends.

At least for this week I'd put Foran to the centres in place of Williame, and bring up a lower grade half to start the trialing process. A bit of competition and enthusiasm.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4