Geoff Toovey’s Manly Sea Eagle career as player and coach will end on Sunday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All I hope for Sunday is that the players bust their balls & send Tooves out as a winner. It's what he deserves for giving his all to this club for nearly 3 decades!

The players had ample opportunity to play for Toovey the last 2 weeks. Both at Brookvale, both in front of good crowds, and even one in front of hundreds of ex players, some legends. It didn't happen, and that will be the legacy of the 2015 squad. Come Sunday afternoon it will all be over thank goodness. What the Penns and co have managed to achieve this year is utterly mind boggling. They have ripped the heart and soul out of the place! That my friends is your headline for 2015. What a bloody disgrace it has been.

I saw the way that he acted at the season launch when it was obvious that he didn't want to be there with manly
no different to the golf day, as soon as he finished playing he had the phone on his ear & kept it there until he walked to his car & left

Couldn't make an effort against the slime at home when it was all on the line what makes anyone think they'll do it now. Plus Lyon & DCE unlikely starters it's going to be embarrassing. Fitting way for the pea heart to go out too.

Then we saw vastly different players my friend. Foran overall has been dreadful over the past 18 months. I hope for Parra's sake, they get the Foran over the past 4-6 weeks, and the one that turned out for NZ. Actually, strike that, no I don't.

You remember Foran publicly declaring in the media he wanted a clearing of the air meeting with Toovey? How disrespectful. Do you remember Foran as quoted as saying that some mornings, he awoke to say he doesn't want to be here, when almost signing with The Dogs at last contract negotiation?

Did you see Foran's missus write the words "Karma" on social media the day Foran officially (apparently) signed with Parramatta.

You see those Q&A's where people put it to him, about bragging of signing in Parramatta long before he announced it, and he was all very quiet on that situation.

He is a cancer to our club. You don't want players that don't want to be there around. I'm glad we are free of him. Same goes for Watmough - because he was shedding a negative light, but that was different - he was negative a twisted because he wanted to be here, and was being let go.

I just hope there are no politics in Parra. I hope he gets everything he wants, otherwise, he'll play and act accordingly like a spoiled little brat.

Good riddance to him.
I totally agree, if you want to look at team division then look no further than Foran. What a great shame as the club did everything for that guy and he then looked after his family lol. As a fan I accept that players move on to other clubs, the way that Foran has done this has sickened me cause hes hung the club out to dry and we have had to deal with the spin from Peters, Ritchie and Co about how honourable he is.

Peters has pretty much endorsed his move to Parra a club that Peters has openely hated for 40 years.
Tomorrow is a sad day for our club as Toovey finishes as coach. To me it is also a celebration that our club will finally be free of a player who has destroyed his legacy and lost the hearts of the fans who once idolised him!

I think the player cancer has gone, never thought Skivvy was a part of it, and whilst Snake was probably part of the tumour I think he has reconciled that he had one choice, Manly or the ESL.

With Whatnow and $Forme gone the club can finally move forward.

Well, partially forward as we still have ZtH.

Another flogging, it will be an incredibly sad way to finish.

Guppies by about 28

Couldn't make an effort against the slime at home when it was all on the line what makes anyone think they'll do it now. Plus Lyon & DCE unlikely starters it's going to be embarrassing. Fitting way for the pea heart to go out too.

I sadly agree with both of you
Sharks are the biggest favourites this weekend and having an opportunity to make the top 4 they won't let up.

You will see the boys maybe compete for a bit of the 1st half but fade away badly.

Sharks by 36 for me sadly!!

All I want in 2016 is a playing roster of 25 players who want to be here and none of the turmoil we faced this year.

Last edited:
Pretty disingenuous of Arko to say how highly he regards loyalty and to heap praise on Tooves. He publicly undermined Tooves himself a few months back by saying that Tooves should consider moving on, suggesting he might've become stale after too many years!
I would be astonished if Arko did not know that the club had decided to sack Toovey a long time back. Toovey had no chance this year. He was in the opinion of the Penns not aligned to them and that was that. A big shame cause you would hope that everyone should be aligned to the club but that did not happen and we had such a massive turmoil.

The would-be footballing Machiavelli who saw his job as 'destroying the village to save the village'. There he was again in this morning's MD, essentially justifying his own actions this year.

read the Toovey article but didn't bother with the other one.

Shame to see a genuine person like Toovey given the sack. Put everything in for the place and has been said there were a lot of people in the background with the knives out. Every normal person knows this and history will show this. Coming through the local league and still being there with all the politics that would go with it, up til now is a fantastic achievement.
Congratulations, GT has respect and as with other Manly greats.

His disillusionment with the club was just that - with the club. He has played his heart out as have most of the players. He has always acted with respect and loyalty. To say that he has been deceptive and dishonest is a joke - in fact he has acted with honour - perhaps some of the people running the joint could take note. He may have been disinterested at the season launch - could it have been what Joe Kelly stated publically at that launch that was said in private? Could it have been that there was the startings of all things spiralling out of control for the club. Did you take note of the other players at the season launch??? Did they have happy faces?
Foran is nothing but a grub

A lowlife

Talk up a new place all you want but don't have a go at your current coach by talking up your boyfriend as a coach

I'd have dropped the weasel

If something happened tomorrow and he never played again i wouldn't cheer but it wouldn't ruin my day either,i would still remember him as a parramatta player

Foran is nothing but a grub

A lowlife

Talk up a new place all you want but don't have a go at your current coach by talking up your boyfriend as a coach

I'd have dropped the weasel

If something happened tomorrow and he never played again i wouldn't cheer but it wouldn't ruin my day either,i would still remember him as a parramatta player
You can add the Dalai to that as well, Manly gave him a start as assistant and he set about destroying the club from within, filling Watmough and Foran's heads with crap about how much he can do for them when he's got his own team, he undermined Toovey and white anted his team while pretending to assist in preparing them, nothing but a scum sucking grub !!!

no different to the golf day, as soon as he finished playing he had the phone on his ear & kept it there until he walked to his car & left
I experienced him doing the same at the Leagues club at a post-match function this year. He showed no interest in the fans.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4