Genuine Thoughts about Hasler 12 months on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pepi said:
Mr Krabs said:
What an ungrateful lot we are , he won us 2 comps as a player and 2 as a coach - you dont ever hear the broncos bag out wayne bennett
Hmmm. Looking at your previous posts, I could swear you are a Dogs fan.

For Tooves to come into this sh!t fight in his first year is commendable. Talk of the team regressing is very short sighted. All teams have ups and downs which you cannot control - I guess supercoach Hasler was to blame for out dismal start to 2009? That hammering against the Bulldogs in round 1 should have been the end of Hasler :rolleyes:

As for Des. Certain people in this thread have very select memories. He is not the messiah. Lets look at the numerous cases of when people wanted him out of the club (people on this forum).
- Not resigning Michael Monaghan.
- Signing Orford, who many claimed could not handle finals pressure (well he rode on the back of Lyon and the Stewy Bros).
- Picking Williamson ahead of Glenn Stewart
- Continual selection of duds like Terry Hill, Jye Mullane, Paul Stephenson. etc. etc.
- The selection of players out of position at 5/8th in 2005 which saw us lose most of the games in the 2nd half of the season. Sam Harris, really?
- Using Cuthbertson as a battering ram, when he shone in reserve grade hitting holes and popping offloads.
- Not selecting Matt Ballin until the age of 23, 24?
- Signing Chris Bailey on big money as a 5/8th.
- Signing Tony Williams on big money (will bite him at the Dogs).
- 2005 final series - out in a hammering. 2006 final series - out in a hammering. 2007 - probably the most embarrasing GF loss in our history. 2009,2010 final series embarrassments.
- Continual selection of Josh Perry when he didn't give a rats arse about playing.
- Continual selection of Jason King from 04-07 when he was making 30 metres a game.
- Choosing Hodkinson over DCE (lets face it, we would not have seen DCE if Dogs didnt go after Hodkinson).

Im sure people could add to this. He and his butt buddies over at belmore have built his ego up so much that some of us are starting to believe we cant win without him. He is a coach. Coaches will come and go.

And if I didn't make it clear, I despise the guy. A lying, scheming sack of crap. Karma will catch up to him and that slimey dog Greenberg

I Agree with all that.

Just checked out Adam's predictions for 2013. Reckons Manly will be big sliders. Can someone introduce this bloke to Donny Singe?

I remember Des as a teacher at my catholic school in the 80's. He was softly spoken and promoted good catholic morales and honor however he always lied about being des the Manly halfback. Always. I loved it when he was appointed coach and all the years he was at Manly. Now twelve months on I think he is a disgrace to men everywhere. The example he has set for a generation of Manly fans is as bad as is possible. I wish him all the salary cap breaches in the world.

I think he is the best coach in the game and has been for a few years. He NEVER got the credit from the media until he left us.

While he helped us win 2 premierships which will always be treasured, he also stabbed us all in the back and tried to bring the club down with his deceitful actions.

I have no trouble at all for him leaving for more than double the money he was on with us. We didn't have the money to match the dogs and i can understand him accepting that offer. It wasn't until after he signed when we got Kaspersky on board and then won the title did the money come in to make an offer. We know it was all too late then.

His actions of signing up our 4 ageing (but good) front rowers therefore limiting how much cap space we had left, was disgraceful. I'm sure he did this AFTER signing with the dogs (correct me if i'm wrong). Our front row has been very good to us but they all should not have been signed at the expense of the next generation of foran, dce, whare, t-rex, lussick and of course brett stewart, matai and ballin. For this i will never forgive him.

Also taking up the option to coach us for 2012 while he was dealing with the dogs. He said in an email to the club that he was going elsewhere from 2012. Why take up the option? I'd say it was to force a payout once he knew we would have to sack him. Thank god he was stupid enough to use the football club computer to send his emails!

Great coach but his actions against our club which he had so much history with was disgusting. :mad:

I can't have him as a person, he is a lowlife.

I am not one of these weak forgive and forget people. Hate him as much as Bellamy.

Pepi said:
Mr Krabs said:
What an ungrateful lot we are , he won us 2 comps as a player and 2 as a coach - you dont ever hear the broncos bag out wayne bennett
Hmmm. Looking at your previous posts, I could swear you are a Dogs fan.

For Tooves to come into this sh!t fight in his first year is commendable. Talk of the team regressing is very short sighted. All teams have ups and downs which you cannot control - I guess supercoach Hasler was to blame for out dismal start to 2009? That hammering against the Bulldogs in round 1 should have been the end of Hasler :rolleyes:

As for Des. Certain people in this thread have very select memories. He is not the messiah. Lets look at the numerous cases of when people wanted him out of the club (people on this forum).
- Not resigning Michael Monaghan.
- Signing Orford, who many claimed could not handle finals pressure (well he rode on the back of Lyon and the Stewy Bros).
- Picking Williamson ahead of Glenn Stewart
- Continual selection of duds like Terry Hill, Jye Mullane, Paul Stephenson. etc. etc.
- The selection of players out of position at 5/8th in 2005 which saw us lose most of the games in the 2nd half of the season. Sam Harris, really?
- Using Cuthbertson as a battering ram, when he shone in reserve grade hitting holes and popping offloads.
- Not selecting Matt Ballin until the age of 23, 24?
- Signing Chris Bailey on big money as a 5/8th.
- Signing Tony Williams on big money (will bite him at the Dogs).
- 2005 final series - out in a hammering. 2006 final series - out in a hammering. 2007 - probably the most embarrasing GF loss in our history. 2009,2010 final series embarrassments.
- Continual selection of Josh Perry when he didn't give a rats arse about playing.
- Continual selection of Jason King from 04-07 when he was making 30 metres a game.
- Choosing Hodkinson over DCE (lets face it, we would not have seen DCE if Dogs didnt go after Hodkinson).

Im sure people could add to this. He and his butt buddies over at belmore have built his ego up so much that some of us are starting to believe we cant win without him. He is a coach. Coaches will come and go.

And if I didn't make it clear, I despise the guy. A lying, scheming sack of crap. Karma will catch up to him and that slimey dog Greenberg

Lets not forget one of his all time screw ups - not offering club legend Menzies a contract after 2008 when he had a lot left to offer. WOuld have made a huge difference in 09 and 10 when we achieved very little.

Des has done well this year. As I've said before, a lot of new coaches have done well in their first year before crashing - Smith at the Roosters got them to the GF in his first year before crashing, Kevin Moore who hasler replaced at the dogs took them from the spoon in 08 to a whisker off the minor premiership in 09. Next year will be the real test for Des in my book.

Hamster Huey said:
Ryan said:
DSM5 said:
Did we ever finish higher than fourth the year after we won a GF?

Who cares. We are talking about this past season. No more, no less. Just because of a result four, eight, ten years ago, doesn't mean that should relate to this past season.

Also has nothing to do with losing the best coach, recruitment & supplementary staff in the game.

I reckon The Bulldogs will go pretty well next year as well.

I also hate them more than The Storm, who I will be barracking for this Sunday while I down a thousand cold ones.

I thinks it means a lot, Ryan. Most 'experts' had Manly gone before the season started, then started on the conjecture about Des moving on our playing group. More board room ruptures, runs of injuries and suspensions and some horror scheduling at various times of the year.

You could be forgiven that the club sans Des was ready to give up without firing a shot on the 2012 season and people would be ready to accept that as the likely outcome.

But it didn't happen.

We had some inconsistancy a times but we also saw a rookie coaching group pull the on-field and support elements of the club together, enough to see us retain the key players we were supposed to have lost (because of Des, apparantly).

Like a young talent in the game having a scratchy season after missing a good pre-season, we've now got the key players on and off the field more prepared and hungry for a better result next season.

Des was never the be-all and end-all of the club, just as no one person has ever been for us. He leaves a legacy that can be built on, but he also developed those traits during his time at the club over two decades...it works both ways.

The positive to take is that for every great that moves on in the game, there is a future champion waiting for his chance to show his worth.

Now is Toovey's time.

I don't know mate. I shudder to think what Toovey would look like if he inherited the 2012 Parramatta Eels squad on paper.

I've said it plenty - this team of our is / WAS an all star mob. At the start of the season, with nominal players going, I thought we should and could be minor premiers and go back to back.

With Des at the helm, I don't think we would have lost to Canberra, Parra and Penrith in the season proper whilst they were struggling. I don't think we'd have lost the WCC. I don't think we'd have lost two finals matches out of three. Losing both our trials though, yeah, I'd assume they are ok to lose - Des really used them as that - trials.

Ryan said:
Hamster Huey said:
Ryan said:
DSM5 said:

Who cares. We are talking about this past season. No more, no less. Just because of a result four, eight, ten years ago, doesn't mean that should relate to this past season.

Also has nothing to do with losing the best coach, recruitment & supplementary staff in the game.

I also hate them more than The Storm, who I will be barracking for this Sunday while I down a thousand cold ones.

I thinks it means a lot, Ryan. Most 'experts' had Manly gone before the season started, then started on the conjecture about Des moving on our playing group. More board room ruptures, runs of injuries and suspensions and some horror scheduling at various times of the year.

You could be forgiven that the club sans Des was ready to give up without firing a shot on the 2012 season and people would be ready to accept that as the likely outcome.

But it didn't happen.

We had some inconsistancy a times but we also saw a rookie coaching group pull the on-field and support elements of the club together, enough to see us retain the key players we were supposed to have lost (because of Des, apparantly).

Like a young talent in the game having a scratchy season after missing a good pre-season, we've now got the key players on and off the field more prepared and hungry for a better result next season.

Des was never the be-all and end-all of the club, just as no one person has ever been for us. He leaves a legacy that can be built on, but he also developed those traits during his time at the club over two decades...it works both ways.

The positive to take is that for every great that moves on in the game, there is a future champion waiting for his chance to show his worth.

Now is Toovey's time.

I don't know mate. I shudder to think what Toovey would look like if he inherited the 2012 Parramatta Eels squad on paper.

I've said it plenty - this team of our is / WAS an all star mob. At the start of the season, with nominal players going, I thought we should and could be minor premiers and go back to back.

With Des at the helm, I don't think we would have lost to Canberra, Parra and Penrith in the season proper whilst they were struggling. I don't think we'd have lost the WCC. I don't think we'd have lost two finals matches out of three. Losing both our trials though, yeah, I'd assume they are ok to lose - Des really used them as that - trials.

You seem to have forgotten 09 and 10, forgettable years when we had a number of bad loses. We went out in 2010 exactly the same way as this year - thrashed by the Storm. Des was the coach then wasn't he. Lets not get too carried away with all this 'supercoach' bull****.

Ryan said:
With Des at the helm, I don't think we would have lost to Canberra, Parra and Penrith in the season proper whilst they were struggling.

Important not to look back with maroon and white tinted glasses.

We lost many games we shouldn't have under Des.

Parramatta in 2010? In fact, a dozen all so games last season were lost by poor second halves. We have often lost to teams in the bottom half.

I agree, Tooves would have struggled inheriting an Eels squad, but lets be honest, what coach wouldn't?

Look to the future -- and the future is with Tooves.

simon_eagle said:
Ryan said:
With Des at the helm, I don't think we would have lost to Canberra, Parra and Penrith in the season proper whilst they were struggling.

Important not to look back with maroon and white tinted glasses.

We lost many games we shouldn't have under Des.

Parramatta in 2010? In fact, a dozen all so games that season were lost by poor second halves. We have often lost to teams in the bottom half.

I agree, Tooves would have struggled with with inheriting an Eels squad, but lets be honest, what coach wouldn't?

Look to the future -- and the future is with Tooves.

Ryan said:
Hamster Huey said:
Ryan said:
DSM5 said:

But it didn't happen.

Now is Toovey's time.

You're right mate - because Des would not have inherited the turmoil that Tooves did. How did Hasler go in '09 when the club last had this turmoil. FFS mate put some perspective in your posting sometimes

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4