Generic thread title.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Choc 'forced' out of Manly - family gutted

Ryan said:
Clint said:
Sauce please @Ryan .As nicci says, what makes you so certain. How do you know?

I told you all about Stewart, Foran and Choc loud mouthing in a cafe, openly stating they were going elsewhere.

I actually wrote a complaint letter to David Perry about it.

So far 33% of what they were bragging about happening has happened.

The thing you're missing here is the dynamic of the group. If their private personas are anything like their public ones, Choc would be the constant agitator. Take him out of the daily workplace and bring in some new personalities and you never know what will happen.

Kinda sad really. He gave us great service and broke his body in the process; same as Glenn.

Kinda glad they managed to get top dollar and long contracts elsewhere. I hope they do well, other than against Manly.

Predict Choc will have to go under the knife soon enough and take a long spell on the sideline. Only time will tell whether Eels will get good value.

I recall seeing Choc in a photo recently, with 4 fingers raised; looked to me like he couldn't quite believe that he had just managed to bluff his way into securing a contract to play another 4 years.

Jerry1 said:
Lord Eagleton said:
I'm posting from Paris, the city of love.
And I can say whilst my heart bleeds for Choc leaving (seriously I don't want to see him play for Parra), he only has himself to blame...as has been pointed out by many already.
Au revoir Monsieur Anthony, thankyou for your service over the years

Tip for you whilst your over there. Dont buy ice-creams for all the family at the tower. 5 of them cost me about 70 bucks :(
In fact dont buy anything near the city attractions unless you want a second mortgage.

I live in England so i earn pounds (ie not travelling on the weak aussie dollar) so the euro is a different value for me - not as bad. I was mostly there for work so i didnt indulge much...But noted hehe

weev said:
Central Coast Eagle said:
weev said:
We must also consider the elephant in the room. Namely, one eye-watering back-ended deal. What was it for 2015? Somewhere over 900k.

Who was the architect of such a deal? And are they still at the club?

What has the "back ended" deal got to do with it?
I assume he will still be paid the 300k he was owed from previous years and manly would have happily paid him the extra 600k, plus two MORE years at 600k if he had not acted like a little ....

Hasler had moved on and so should you.

In two words mate, salary cap. You suggest the club has 1.8 million dollars spare to pay Choc, whilst securing up Foran and DCE.

Rubbish. Get yourself a calculator.
My bad, I was under the impression that the club had in fact offered him an extension, maybe they thought they could do it under the salary cap too?????

We basically got zero from King and Gift last year.
So we are better off next year without doubt. Choc also missed a fair few games as well.

Wonder how Parramatta are going to fare without their best player next season in Hayne?

XV-1 said:
tookey said:
XV-1 said:
Interesting that CHOC wanted a 3 year extension for 2016-2018. Manly offered a 2 year extension as they did not think Whatmough could still be playing at 35 years of age.

Its ironic that we sign a 35 year old Willie Mason for one season - WTF?

Admittedly Big Willie will not be on 600k.

Simple - Mason's body at 35 is in much better shape than Watmough's at 31. Mason is bigger and takes the hits better whereas Watmough has always been punching above his weight which is OK for a while but eventually it takes a terrible toll on the body. Even he admits this.

One year at best then his body will not take much more after that.

he is just looking for the best deal financially and parra are dumb enough to offer him a longer term contract than Manly was. They will pay after 2015 when he becomes a passenger

You cannot be serious. Big Willie is in better shape the Whatmough for 2015. I don't think so. You would have Choc in 2015 if we could and never have signed Willie

2v will ensure all his players train hard and be fit - Willie will struggle with this as did Big Georgie. I hope I am wrong, but I can't see Willie being in first grade at the end of the year.

I agree with Manly not offering Choc a 3 year extension

Cheers

Barring injury Mason will be one of our best next season.

Ryan said:
Wonder how Parramatta are going to fare without their best player next season in Hayne?

... And does it affect the 2 premierships in 5 years 'mission statement'?

weev said:
weev said:
We must also consider the elephant in the room. Namely, one eye-watering back-ended deal. What was it for 2015? Somewhere over 900k.

I assume he will still be paid the 300k he was owed from previous years and manly would have happily paid him the extra 600k, plus two MORE years at 600k if he had not acted like a little ....

In two words mate, salary cap. You suggest the club has 1.8 million dollars spare to pay Choc, whilst securing up Foran and DCE.

My bad, I was under the impression that the club had in fact offered him an extension, maybe they thought they could do it under the salary cap too?????

According to John Gibbs, Manly definitely offered Choc a 2 year deal for 2016 and 2017 worth about $1.2M. So he would have got the 900 odd for 2015 + $1.2M. Manly were not prepared to extend to 2018 in this deal.

tookey said:
Another Watmough ironstine.

Can't wait for a Weidler exclusive with his cousin Larna. Maybe they could do the interview on the 190 bus as it passes brookie oval and she can yell abuse at toovey and assault him?

Classy family. He will fit in well at Parramatta.

He may have one good year then he will be a Jason King clone for the next 2 or 3 years.

She apologised. All is well.

Ryan said:
niccipops said:
Ryan said:
Close - Foran to Chooks. And I say ... him. Let him go now, and use Lyon at 5/8, and bring Gutherson in. Lyon won a GF 40-0 in that position.

I really hope Foz stays. What I saw from him for the Kiwis is what we need from him at Manly.

I hate losing our players. Wasn't sad about T.Rex. Hoppa was just a kid so he hadn't been around long enough for me to miss.
I'm still missing Kitey. Losing Gift is a real disappointment.
I know many are happy that Choc is gone. I'm not amongst the many despite his recent actions.
King is a different case as he retired a one club legend.

Foz going would be a tough one but it's probably a 50/50 likelihood.

I have Manly player attachment issues.:rolleyes:

Me too Nicci.

But it aint 50/50. Foran is gone after the coming season 100%. I think we should move on now.

Another season of crap given the good that was just done, will be woeful.

I think Quantum being bought out may give us a chance of retaining Foran. Before this happened I was convinced Foran and Stewart would leave. Brett Stewart has not even asked for a release.
How well Manly fare next year will have a big influence on whether Foran re-signs IMO.

Shoe1 said:
weev said:
weev said:

According to John Gibbs, Manly definitely offered Choc a 2 year deal for 2016 and 2017 worth about $1.2M. So he would have got the 900 odd for 2015 + $1.2M. Manly were not prepared to extend to 2018 in this deal.

Fair enough, the club did what it thought was in the best interests of the club, Choc did what was in the best interests of Choc, and that also is fair enough.
I cant' see him being a $600,000 a year player when he's 35.

I think Choc should be happy that Manly wasn't 'forced' into him!!! :-/

Actions speak louder than words.....

this coming nrl season , no one will rely on a source to understand whats going on with the players.

This year will finalize who will stay and who will go...

those that dont want to be here by the the end of 2015 who are off contract will have signed new contracts etc.....

there were some players last year IMO that were off there game , and it wasnt form issues...

players in general today bleed attitude , egos & the benjamins !!!

time will tell..

Even though Choc leaving IMO is better for the club present & start of the new future , others who are alot closer to me at the club dont feel the same way...

Unfortunately even though Kite left quietly and with club honors , that was the start of the cookie crumbling.

Kite , Gift & now Choc will there be a next ???? we will all soon find out.

i prefer to see light at the end of the tunnel at manly.. hopefully Manly can coach on egos & attitude this year on top of winning the comp.

Apparently watmough is on channel nein tonight with his best buddy weedler

Ryan said:
niccipops said:
Ryan said:
Close - Foran to Chooks. And I say ... him. Let him go now, and use Lyon at 5/8, and bring Gutherson in. Lyon won a GF 40-0 in that position.

I really hope Foz stays. What I saw from him for the Kiwis is what we need from him at Manly.

I hate losing our players. Wasn't sad about T.Rex. Hoppa was just a kid so he hadn't been around long enough for me to miss.
I know many are happy that Choc is gone. I'm not amongst the many despite his recent actions.

Me too Nicci.

But it aint 50/50. Foran is gone after the coming season 100%. I think we should move on now.

Why is foran gone did he tell you.

moffy said:
Ryan said:
niccipops said:
Ryan said:

Me too Nicci.

Why is foran gone did he tell you.

Don't you know? It's a Foran-gone conclusion.

Breaking news on channel 9 just now. Watmough is joining Parramatta. Thanks channel 9.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2