Generic thread title.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Choc 'forced' out of Manly - family gutted

Lord Eagleton said:
I'm posting from Paris, the city of love.
And I can say whilst my heart bleeds for Choc leaving (seriously I don't want to see him play for Parra), he only has himself to blame...as has been pointed out by many already.
Au revoir Monsieur Anthony, thankyou for your service over the years

Tip for you whilst your over there. Dont buy ice-creams for all the family at the tower. 5 of them cost me about 70 bucks :(

In fact dont buy anything near the city attractions unless you want a second mortgage.

Interesting that CHOC wanted a 3 year extension for 2016-2018. Manly offered a 2 year extension as they did not think Whatmough could still be playing at 35 years of age.

Its ironic that we sign a 35 year old Willie Mason for one season - WTF?

Admittedly Big Willie will not be on 600k.

XV-1 said:
Interesting that CHOC wanted a 3 year extension for 2016-2018. Manly offered a 2 year extension as they did not think Whatmough could still be playing at 35 years of age.

And presumably Willie won't pick on our star halfback to the point of all but extinguishing his brilliance.

Choc question.

He has stated that he is Snake's best friend. Foran is a close mate too. If Choc now also feels he's been 'forced' out by Manly, like Glenn, could this have a further negative effect on Snake and Foz?

It's hard to know what to believe but it seemed Choc was acting as if he hated the place, as the reports have stated for months.

Makes me a bit concerned about the possibility of Foran to the eels.
I know management want to keep Foz but he's pretty strong minded and has been among the 'disgruntled'.

niccipops said:
Choc question.

He has stated that he is Snake's best friend. Foran is a close mate too. If Choc now also feels he's been 'forced' out by Manly, like Glenn, could this have a further negative effect on Snake and Foz?

It's hard to know what to believe but it seemed Choc was acting as if he hated the place, as the reports have stated for months.

I know management want to keep Foz but he's pretty strong minded and has been among the 'disgruntled'.

Close - Foran to Chooks. And I say **** him. Let him go now, and use Lyon at 5/8, and bring Gutherson in. Lyon won a GF 40-0 in that position.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
XV-1 said:

And presumably Willie won't pick on our star halfback to the point of all but extinguishing his brilliance.

If that was truly correct I am sure 2V would have stopped it quick smart.

You are correct as Willie won't be in first grade after a few weeks.

DCE needs to step it up and start making the correct decision in the crunch times. He lost Manly the game against the Dogs by not taking the field goal on 4th tackle when right in front 22m out in extra time.

Choc was pissed off that he would be playing against Gift one of his best mates . Now he will also be playing against the rest of his best mates , the Snake , Foz and Matai

Ryan said:
niccipops said:
Choc question.

Close - Foran to Chooks. And I say ... him. Let him go now, and use Lyon at 5/8, and bring Gutherson in. Lyon won a GF 40-0 in that position.

B Stewart would make a pretty good 5/8th allowing Gutherson and Turbo to fight out the fullback spot.

I would prefer Foz to stay thou

It wasnt just the bluff he possibly played that led to his departure , it was how he carried on behind the scenes with the club...

the way he treated and spoke to DCE was just poor form and the younger players sided with DCE and there goes the HARMONY...

8 weeks out ( i think ) we were clear 4 points from 2nd... that sums it up

" remember how in origin Choc went out of his way to rough up DCE ( while he was not 100% ) suppose to be mighty SEA EAGLE team mates "

there were plenty of little signs !

Ryan said:
Close - Foran to Chooks. And I say ... him. Let him go now, and use Lyon at 5/8, and bring Gutherson in. Lyon won a GF 40-0 in that position.

I really hope Foz stays. What I saw from him for the Kiwis is what we need from him at Manly.

I hate losing our players. Wasn't sad about T.Rex. Hoppa was just a kid so he hadn't been around long enough for me to miss.
I'm still missing Kitey. Losing Gift is a real disappointment.
I know many are happy that Choc is gone. I'm not amongst the many despite his recent actions.
King is a different case as he retired a one club legend.

Foz going would be a tough one but it's probably a 50/50 likelihood.

I have Manly player attachment issues.:rolleyes:

niccipops said:
Choc question.

Did you notice the body language on Brett & Foran on the field towards the end of the season ??? Different to me.

Maybe they did not express their feelings out right like Choc , but they are definitely bothered... If these guys were off contract i wouldnt put my house on it that they would re-sign. ( not saying they wouldnt but im not confident that they would stay )

XV-1 said:

Simple - Mason's body at 35 is in much better shape than Watmough's at 31. Mason is bigger and takes the hits better whereas Watmough has always been punching above his weight which is OK for a while but eventually it takes a terrible toll on the body. Even he admits this.

One year at best then his body will not take much more after that.

he is just looking for the best deal financially and parra are dumb enough to offer him a longer term contract than Manly was. They will pay after 2015 when he becomes a passenger

I think the age thing get's used to much, yes Mason is older but he has less miles on the clock. Choc has played when you count rep games over 300 first grade games. That's a lot of games for a person who has always been a 80 minute player I just can't see him being value (for the price he wanted) in 2 or 3 years time.

niccipops said:
Ryan said:

I really hope Foz stays. What I saw from him for the Kiwis is what we need from him at Manly.

I hate losing our players. Wasn't sad about T.Rex. Hoppa was just a kid so he hadn't been around long enough for me to miss.
I'm still missing Kitey. Losing Gift is a real disappointment.
I know many are happy that Choc is gone. I'm not amongst the many despite his recent actions.
King is a different case as he retired a one club legend.

Foz going would be a tough one but it's probably a 50/50 likelihood.

I have Manly player attachment issues.:rolleyes:

Me too Nicci.

But it aint 50/50. Foran is gone after the coming season 100%. I think we should move on now.

Another season of crap given the good that was just done, will be woeful.

tookey said:
XV-1 said:

Simple - Mason's body at 35 is in much better shape than Watmough's at 31. Mason is bigger and takes the hits better whereas Watmough has always been punching above his weight which is OK for a while but eventually it takes a terrible toll on the body. Even he admits this.

One year at best then his body will not take much more after that.

he is just looking for the best deal financially and parra are dumb enough to offer him a longer term contract than Manly was. They will pay after 2015 when he becomes a passenger

You cannot be serious. Big Willie is in better shape the Whatmough for 2015. I don't think so. You would have Choc in 2015 if we could and never have signed Willie

2v will ensure all his players train hard and be fit - Willie will struggle with this as did Big Georgie. I hope I am wrong, but I can't see Willie being in first grade at the end of the year.

I agree with Manly not offering Choc a 3 year extension

Cheers

Ryan said:
Me too Nicci.

But it aint 50/50. Foran is gone after the coming season 100%. I think we should move on now.

Another season of crap given the good that was just done, will be woeful.

How do you know this as fact? If he has ideas of leaving he can still change his mind.

Sure Choc was pissed with management, but that's not why he's at Parra. He's gone for the money and the extra year they offered him.

Sauce please @Ryan .As nicci says, what makes you so certain. How do you know?

Clint said:
Sauce please @Ryan .As nicci says, what makes you so certain. How do you know?

I told you all about Stewart, Foran and Choc loud mouthing in a cafe, openly stating they were going elsewhere.

I actually wrote a complaint letter to David Perry about it.

So far 33% of what they were bragging about happening has happened.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7