1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geez I hate Cameron Smith

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Masked Eagle, May 16, 2014.

1. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Did anyone else hear Captain Sook tonight when the ref had the hide to give a penalty against the Storm? He dared say that's not Rugby League. Well, neither is elbowing opposition players in the head, twisting knees, chicken wings, crusher tackles, cannonballs, lifting one leg and twisting and every other grubby tactic the Storm introduce every second week.

God I hate those #*%!

ps and it was a ridiculous penalty against them, but the irony is that made an art form out of taking out a vulnerable kicker.

• Like Like x 4
  2. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    Another ridiculous penalty was the one before, where George Burgess knocked it, and they call it back 2 plays later, and then Souffs get the penalty!

3. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    ... And your point is...? :) lol

4. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I don't really have one. I just needed to vent. :D I honestly can't understand how anyone would not have the Storm as their most hated team (unless you went for them of course). People still hate us more than other teams because of a the fallacy that we somehow ran the game and bought premierships. The Storm cheated every other team in the comp for at least 5 years and have been responsible for 99% of the grubby tactics invented in the last 10 years. GOD I HATE EM!!!!!

• Like Like x 5
  5. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    I hate them as much as anyone could.

I don't agree that the penalty was ridiculous for attacking the leg of Reynolds after kicking. They have turned the 'hit, no look' into an art form and have the audacity to call it accidental and part of the tough game it is. Slaters closed hand hit to Wolfmans jaw last week was a no look hit. They do it too often for my liking.

When are refs and the league going to wake up. I wish I was referring every one of their games. I'd be blowing the pee out of the whistle until they learned how to play the game fairly.

Dirty filthy scum.

6. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    That deserves a "Like". There ya go :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. panash

panash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 0
    Slater has become just as bad if not worse...

8. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    I strongly object to your use of the present perfect tense here. Slater's always been a complete knob.

• Like Like x 3
  9. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    I hate the scum. Captain scum I can't stand. Even we he plays for Aus. Slater is just as bad.

10. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,695 / 27
    The thing I can't cope with is this idea that Cameron Smith is some kind of clean skin from some in the media. I will say he is no doubt a great player, one of the best in his position, and has revolutionized that role. But he is as niggly and dirty as they come. And don't think for one second a lot of these tactics of certain holds and moves haven't been engineered or at least co-engineered by good ole cam. It has long been known that he runs a lot of the sessions (especially video sessions) at the Storm and is regarded as one of the key brains of the operation.

For the Storm and good ole cam to cry foul of any dirty little filthy move just cracks me up. Yep cam it's probably a move from 4 years ago which the scum did and the rest of the rugby league world have caught up on!

• Like Like x 2
  11. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    It's almost as though they can't believe the rules do actually apply to them too.

Bell-end in the coaches' box is just as bad...carries on as if the officials are out there stripping handbags from the elderly in broad daylight!

Occasionally they get a dud call - like every team.

The Scum, and Scam Smith have lived and breathed their sly and profound sense of entitlement for so, so long they believe they're not only above the law, they own and operate it!

I hope we send them packing in September, before we face the ultimate exactor...Revenge on Des-picable and the Dogs on Grand Final Day.

• Like Like x 3
  12. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    Love them or hate them with a passion like we do, I can't say that the Scum have done a good job, salary cap issues aside, in staying at or near the top for the past 10 or so years like Manly have. The big difference is that Manly don't have to rely on the grub tactics that Bali-Belly and his team have and continue to use.

They (especially their Kangaroo and Qld players) seem to have this 'we're above the rules of the game' mentality. Every time they get penalised for something Smith is forever complaining about it, while Bali-Belly blows up in the coaches box every time a ref has the hide to blow a penalty for their opposition.

13. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Bull****!!! They got to the top by cheating. They built their reputation by cheating and now they have players go there for unders because of that reputation.

I cannot respect any team that is at the top as a result of systematic long term cheating.

They are the SCUM of the earth.

• Like Like x 3
  14. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    I agree with him; he's doing good things as a high profile player highlighting the shortcomings of the ref setup; particularly the two ref setup.

15. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    I love how Bellyache carries on in the coaches box,I keep thinking they will show the way he carries on one day,and he will self combust,even his assistant coaches look worried that they will cop a backhander,if this bloke isnt heart attack material,I dont know what is,I have never seen a coach stress out like he does,even the commentators are laughing at him now

16. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    The most consistent thing about the drizzle and their captain, is that there is a rule for them and a rule for everything else.

Since their inception we have seen consistent double standards apply in the comp.

Captain drizzle is the latest. There is a clear rule about when a captain can speak to a referee and when he cant. His outburst last night was all about slowing the game down. The refs need to deal with him. A stiint in the bin is what is needed.

There were 2 incidents in the play the ball that sum up the double standard. Smith is a serial pest at slowing down the ruck and lying in the play the ball. He did that and vermin get nothing. He struggles in a tackle and you bet the drizzle get a penalty.

I am waiting for the day when someone smashes him on the park, how the hell he was not censored for trying to foreman Mattys face repeatedly is beyond me.

SMITH IS A PROTECTED SPECIES!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    He, Slater & Cronk knew full well they had two concurrent contracts. The usual contract and the Extra one. Remind me again of the name of that book which documents the whole cheating Scum story ?

18. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    They only want to get rid of the second ref so they can get away with murder in the tackle again.

19. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,806 / 53
    Cameron Smith is a gentleman who always plays the game with integrity and in the spirit it is meant to be played. Just like our wonderful administrator the great Todd Greenberg is not afraid to make the tough decisions and do the right thing even if it is against his own interests - a man so humble he devoted a tweet to telling us all just how humble he is. Combine all this with a professional and unbiassed media, who always check their facts and never print articles just to grab headlines and you can see why it is the greatest game of all.

.... Is what nobody said ever.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Woolgoolga, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +522 / 0
    I'LL eventually catch up, but I'm still trying to understand why biting Billy Slater was an offence?

• Like Like x 2