• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=185478.msg298333#msg298333 date=1285589213]
It's certainly growing on me at the moment. Looking forward to Western Sydney coming in actually.

I don't know whether that's tongue-in-cheek,Ryan,but if their colours were maroon and white...who knows!!
[/quote]

The guys have already snared new major sponsors with both Sanyo, and Integrated. I think they are red, blue and white.

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185478.msg298332#msg298332 date=1285589042]
Tell me something ajay, were you talking or Reading this much about afl last week, or the week before and were you expecting to talk about it this week?

Hoping saints (afl version)would win.Don't like maguire,so don't like collingwood.Will have little talking about AFL gf this week,as last week,and probably about the same amount to say about the pansy chokers v the rorters.Not really interested,and have too many ACTUAL parental/work things to worry about.If nrl and afl ended,I think I'd survive!Only commenting here because,this being a forum,that's what it's for.
[/quote]

yet you continue to post in this topic.

That already means that as a publicity exercise the drawn game has more than succeeded. Just imagine the buzz in Melbourne.

This isn't a dick size swapping exercise between NRL and AFL or Sydney v melbourne, so not sure why you are attacking it from a defensive standpoint.

AFL fans don't care, they love the idea that they get another game to go to

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=185478.msg298323#msg298323 date=1285587697]
You've got no idea ajay.

Racing Victoria have moved Turnbull Stakes day to Sunday to accomodate for the GF.

Good for melbourne-maybe.Good for the Tab-no.Now people will be bar-b-qing,and watching NRL,and melbourne races are an afterthought.And yes-I DO have an idea,but have been working all sunday and today,so didn't know what racing vic had done(who does).I've been punting for 27+ years,so try to keep at least 1 finger on the pulse.I personally think getting served up Gunbower and Murtoa on a Sat is crap!
[/quote]

And if you had 27+ years of punting knowledge you would know that punters wouldnt give a rats arse about the NRL Grand Final clashing (which it wont anyway) with the Melbourne races, the TAB wont lose any income whatsoever. If anything i'm more excited about the fact I get to bet all day on some ripper Group races while having a BBQ and beers and then watching the NRL Grand Final straight after they finish!!!

For me its the perfect weekend.

Sat AFL Grand Final BBQ and Sydney races (which I will still bet on and watch Ajay regardless of AFL Grand Final)

Sunday Turnbull Stakes Day and NRL Grand Final.

Dan link said:
Yes they had a best and fairest and yes they will have another this week.

About buses, trams etc. The money that comes in doesn't just go to the afl, all of them get a stake.
You obviously have no idea or feel for Melbourne. You may think you love sport but the mexicans love it more and will go to several events a day. I have friends who will go to afl and if there is an nrl game on after or before will go to that and same with soccer.

From all my mexican friends the only complaint I heard was that they had a bucks day planned where they were going charter fishing but the buck is a saints fan so won't turn up. Instead they are watching the grand final with some strippers over.

How you think that anyone really cares or if the afl fans were really upset you are wrong.

They are more upset about not going to the second grand final than they are about there being one. That and now they are offering free tickets plus tickets to non-members who otherwise never get to go.

Sure going to a final and not getting a result isn't ideal but it ain't the worst thing in the world.
I think you'll find the players will disagree with you. They busted their ar*e's in that game and now have to do it all over again. You prepare for 1 GF not 2. Makes it very hard and they have said as much as well.

abnc link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185478.msg298321#msg298321 date=1285587260]
Yes they had a best and fairest and yes they will have another this week.

About buses, trams etc. The money that comes in doesn't just go to the afl, all of them get a stake.
You obviously have no idea or feel for Melbourne. You may think you love sport but the mexicans love it more and will go to several events a day. I have friends who will go to afl and if there is an nrl game on after or before will go to that and same with soccer.

From all my mexican friends the only complaint I heard was that they had a bucks day planned where they were going charter fishing but the buck is a saints fan so won't turn up. Instead they are watching the grand final with some strippers over.

How you think that anyone really cares or if the afl fans were really upset you are wrong.

They are more upset about not going to the second grand final than they are about there being one. That and now they are offering free tickets plus tickets to non-members who otherwise never get to go.

Sure going to a final and not getting a result isn't ideal but it ain't the worst thing in the world.
I think you'll find the players will disagree with you. They busted their ar*e's in that game and now have to do it all over again. You prepare for 1 GF not 2. Makes it very hard and they have said as much as well.
[/quote]

The game is about the fans not the players

Jaime Bennett link said:
True but without the players there are no fans...

The players are there for dollars, the fans provide the dollars, there for they play for our entertainment. If they don't like it they can chose another career

Dan link said:
[quote author=Jaime Bennett link=topic=185478.msg298521#msg298521 date=1285646008]
True but without the players there are no fans...

The players are there for dollars, the fans provide the dollars, there for they play for our entertainment. If they don't like it they can chose another career
[/quote]
The GF is one of those special games where everything comes into play. Emotion, excitement, anxiety, commitment, passion etc etc. The players go through a lot during the GF week, and it takes a toll on them. To put them through it again in my opinion is totally unfair. Plus generally the replay GF is a blow-out and not as exciting as the first one. Anyway, if the AFL believes that extra time is good enough for the semi's, then why not the GF as well.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one Dan, we aren't really getting anywhere going back and forth like this.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6