Game post-mortem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jerry1

First Grader
Life was pronounced extinct after 10 mins of play. The forwards showed signs of rigor-mortis & the heart rate of the backs was barely distinguishable.

Although Des worked hard in ER at half time life could not be restored.

Recommend DCE be injected to prevent re-occurrence of these symptoms.

:p

Probably Watmoughs best game this year, took some balls i was sure he was gonna drop. Typical ill discipline though. Damn i want him back to last years form.

jabroni link said:
Probably Watmoughs best game this year . Typical ill discipline though. Damn i want him back to last years form.

Every game we concede a penalty from Perry & Kite for holding down too long. But every game Choc concedes at least two penalties, usually in critical field positions, just for being dumb!
His foot lingers, or a face massage, or a hand on ball.

Choc is a very frustrating back-rower! (and to think he wanted the Captaincy.... watta joke!)

A couple of people have suggested the inexperienced Whare & T Rex was always likely to struggle against Jennings Pritchard & co, and they certainly caused some damage on that side.

I only watched the game in between 5 million commercials on channel 9 but my impression - we played quite well but were blown away by a very hot & confident home team, especially Jennings got the better of our young bloke.

That is no criticism of Whare, he shows a lot of promise & will learn. Des will be disappointed but pleased we came back even when a mile behind on the scoreboard. I'm not throwing away my bet on us making the GF just yet...

Have a look at the match stats on NRL.com we made fewer mistakes than them 2 out of 30 against 3 from 34 possessions, line breaks 4 to their 5, penalties even, errors 3 each, so how come possession was 60/40 in their favour ? Also look at the metres gained our forwards should be ashamed total mts. 1082 to their 1419. Perry woeful  41mts. from 6 hitups in 40minutes & most of those runs were crab style.

It was evident from the outset our forwards got smashed last night. We need to do some serious recruiting in that department. I thought Ben Farrar had another good game, especially liked the out ball/in ball with Farrar in attack, that seemed to work well. Kieran Foran had a good game too, showed up TH, that bloke doesn't really do much. Watmough giving away his usual silly penalties, surprised to not see him or Stewart f**k up a play the ball tonight, they usually manage to do that once a game.

Sure it was a loss but I agree with Seaeagle, it's not wrist slitting time.  We didn't play well against a very good side.  They are big and very mobile and when they ran onto the ground they made our guys look like a team of Orfords.  We didn't collapse though, as some thought we would, and we put some respectability into the score.  Our forwards are soft though, that I agree with cc, and Ted needs to stop with the crab runs.  Kite needs to hang onto the ball and just run forward as George did.  No need to try the short passing game.  Our play-the -balls were very sloooow which gave Penriff a lot of time to get up and smash us.  Our kicking game was weak, but that's becoming the norm unfortunately.  But when we got down their end we scored which was good, unfortunately they did the same to us and they got down our end more often.  Defense needs to be worked on.  A win next week.      

i thought when gulavou come on he went well except for one drop ball he made some good metres..why was rodney off the field for so long hes normally 60 min player,bailey is crap,watmough something wrong there maybe ****y not getting captaincy,cant work out fowards they played great last week against souths won the game for us with metres but this week maybe still stuffed from it,hodko is not a half back reminds me of ROBSON but slower..,we are gone for 2010

The Panthers have rightfully been credited with one of their best displays in recent years in blowing us off the park last week. But with the luxury of some time off work  :) I checked the replay…

The first 17 minutes were blow for blow. Then Georgie came on to replace Perry. Straight away Pritchard charged through the middle to set up the try that kicked them into the lead. George was making his way back from the previous tackle and there was a hole in the middle that King couldn’t plug by himself. (Something similar happened against Souths the previous week when George was left standing by Luke within seconds of taking the field.) 

8 minutes later an inside pass to Jennings, who zooms through a gap because someone is a bit slow trailing across – it’s George! And we are down 16-6.

Gorgeous George is immediately hooked by Des even though he has only been on the field for 10 min, and Perry comes back without the benefit of his usual breather.

From the kickoff a couple of sets see Panthers trundling downfield, a questionable penalty (Choc!) and 2 more points to Panthers.

From that kickoff Perry is involved in 3 of the first 4 tackles. But on his 3rd one he can’t prevent Gordon unloading - and the try of the year results.

Brilliant play by Penrith, and I don’t doubt it was one of the best displays by any team all year. But we were down 24-6 at that stage, and for rest of the game each team scored another 16 (which included their intercept).

So to keep a little perspective (even though I really love all the doomsayer posts!!) yes we are in a bit of a slump but we have been hard hit by injuries and it is SOO time of year so what would anyone expect? Overall I don’t think we are looking too bad, just my opinion of course. 

And there is one player in our squad who has heaps of improvement in him: Big Georgie. His injury set his fitness back a long way. But as he slowly gains peak fitness we know how damaging he can be.  ;D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4