Game Plan, Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
let's be honest - the most exciting part of our game plan is clearly coming next Monday, when @Technical Coach gives us the full breakdown of our attacking structures, style, and opportunities for improvement.

bring on season 2016

I look forward to TC doing a analysis, he knows a heap more than most of us in that facet of the game.

No doubt he's been, or is, a coach , or certainly has had the training to understand the game more than most.

Hope to see you back soon @Technical Coach

Vave will play in place if Leary in my opinion. I still think that Lawrence should be there as he showed in the trials how motivated he is do do well and that enthusiasm will rub off on the rest of the team. The game plan with a smaller pack is risky. With Vave and Lussick on the bench and Jake being able to play 60+ mins I think we will be fine. Remember Marty is really a prop and massive body playing backrow.

Having played rugby league (obviously not at this level) I can imagine our forwards will be up and chopping the big dogs down nice and low. The longer the game goes the harder it will be for the dogs to keep getting up off the ground and coming at us. I am confident we will score plenty of points and i don't think defence will be an issue this year.

Having played rugby league (obviously not at this level) I can imagine our forwards will be up and chopping the big dogs down nice and low. The longer the game goes the harder it will be for the dogs to keep getting up off the ground and coming at us. I am confident we will score plenty of points and i don't think defence will be an issue this year.
Jake gets away with the low tackle because of his impeccable timing & knocks the stuffing out of them.....still need containers (high) to shut down the main Dogs strength of offloads in that ruck area...short passes create go forward & also the low tackle if not a copybook ribtickler ala Jake....will ensure quick play the balls as the low defender (wrongly imo) must release almost instantly.

To me we need to match their fire in the middle. Kasiano has a habit of trying to exert his authority, but in Taupau and Myles and even Lussick I think he may realise this pack isn't going to be intimidated.

Then I agree we need to attack them with speed...so around the ruck with api and Parcell but also I think walker and Jamie are keys here also. Getting the ball turned back inside and running at tired big forwards.

Then our back 3 need to get us off to good starts. None of this waddling up to the defensive line and getting belted back 10m.

Lastly pressure hoppa. He has not been impressive since coming back from his Mormon mission. At every opportunity I would have killer, snake and turbo contesting those bombs, and also have marty, Nate and Jake ready to smash him.

Simple tactics for this week, just bait Reynolds, bite Graham, ignore T Rex, and sue Hoppa.

let's be honest - the most exciting part of our game plan is clearly coming next Monday, when @Technical Coach gives us the full breakdown of our attacking structures, style, and opportunities for improvement.

bring on season 2016
Haven't watched the game yet,(other than a 1min highlights package) struggling this year with low excitement levels.

Not surprised with only putting on 6 points though, as stated last year if the forwards don't generate a good roll on with fast play the balls Manly lack "at the line composed well drilled ball-playing options" that can create opportunities even under a weak go forward environment.

Brookie looked a little lush and soft under foot which works in favour of slow bigger packs (a slow lush dry track), Manly need short grass dry tracks to keep the game up tempo and not get into games that are a grind.(Openings created by the speed of the game, playing at a retreating defensive line with simple show and goes due to a lack of genuine ballplaying options)

It's boring simple attack off the predictable fast play the ball platform but we can't expect much more from this new team at the moment.

Manly are zero chance of winning games now unless we win the ruck where before with our ballplaying class on the edges we could still win games with a weak forward pack.

So no analysis from me, which should make most happy here and ease the loads on the blocking filters.

If Dan wants increased hits to the site he can always Holla a TC and i will start a controversial thread/or some technical dribble that makes no sense to the Joe Blows or Debbie Does crowd, but Dan is no sellout so that wont be happening.

Manly are zero chance of winning games now unless we win the ruck where before with our ballplaying class on the edges we could still win games with a weak forward pack.

Are you talking Foran here ?? or are you still harking back to the Gift glory days

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8