GAME DAY - Manly v Warriors [Round 20, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It depends on which team 2V selects. He has the option of injecting four good players into the side: Tom Turbo, Blake Leary, Jesse Sene-Lefao, and Brenton Lawrence. If he doesn't select these players, who are much better than four in the current 'top' 17, then I'd be questioning whether 2V has the best interests of the club at heart.

So since you are really close with Lawrence how did his back pull up after the NSW cup hitout?

Was there any soreness at all?

So since you are really close with Lawrence how did his back pull up after the NSW cup hitout?

Well he was named on the bench for NSW Cup again this week so it can't be feeling too terrific.

Good point Easton. Given that some players have been given the flick for next year, wouldn't it make sense to have a look at those in NSW cup that they may want for next year. Even blood a few of the 20's but hopefully they can make a good run at the semis but their draw is not good and without Tom T they aren't as potent.
Is he still eligible for 20's ?

Good point Easton. Given that some players have been given the flick for next year, wouldn't it make sense to have a look at those in NSW cup that they may want for next year. Even blood a few of the 20's but hopefully they can make a good run at the semis but their draw is not good and without Tom T they aren't as potent.
Is he still eligible for 20's ?
Yes he is and next year as well

I don't know him, any of the players or the coaching staff. I'm just a Manly fan of 55 years standing, a member for 10 years and a football club member. I have no inside knowledge, just what I see on the field. And if those four players I've nominated aren't better than Hiku, Horo, Hasson, Starling and Burgess then I'll give up.

The thing that worries me about this week (and the rest of the season) is something Willie Mason said on Sterlo on Wednesday night. After the report about the 14 players came out on Tuesday, they had a team meeting on Wednesday and he said that the head space of a lot of the players isn't where it should be because no one seems to know what's going on. No one from the club, neither Joe Kelly nor Scott or Rick Penn had spoken to any of the players at that stage. And Tooves was just as much in the dark because its obvious he is no longer in the loop.

I hope the boys do get fired up for this one, but I fear this could get ugly at Mt Smart, especially if DCE is ruled unfit. And if he doesn't play I'd personally like to see Tooves leave Mateo in the back row, move Killer to pivot, Foran to half, Hiku to centre and Turbo Tommy back on the wing. However I have this sinking feeling that Mateo will play 5/8 and Hasson will be on the bench :sweating:

Win or lose I expect our best players will come from the usual suspects. Jake, Snake, Killer, Matty, T-Red, Jorge and Skivy. Whether its enough to overcome the Warriors at home remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Their saying DCE could miss 2wks with his shoulder, so as higher above it could be a long afternoon

I hope the boys do get fired up for this one, but I fear this could get ugly at Mt Smart, especially if DCE is ruled unfit. And if he doesn't play I'd personally like to see Tooves leave Mateo in the back row, move Killer to pivot, Foran to half, Hiku to centre and Turbo Tommy back on the wing. However I have this sinking feeling that Mateo will play 5/8 and Hasson will be on the bench :sweating:

Win or lose I expect our best players will come from the usual suspects. Jake, Snake, Killer, Matty, T-Red, Jorge and Skivy. Whether its enough to overcome the Warriors at home remains to be seen.

This is how i would like to see the side run out.

If we are indeed thinking of Lyon to 5/8 next year, surely we would play him there if injury strikes this year. He played there against the cows and we nearly got a win.

If we don't play him there this week, it makes you wonder who they have in mind for next year as clearly, Lyon wouldn't be the first choice.

I don't know him, any of the players or the coaching staff. I'm just a Manly fan of 55 years standing, a member for 10 years and a football club member. I have no inside knowledge, just what I see on the field. And if those four players I've nominated aren't better than Hiku, Horo, Hasson, Starling and Burgess then I'll give up.

I'm with you buddy, 110%

Well i think you guys are blind.

Starling killed it for 2 of the last 3 weeks, the 3rd week no one killed it (and as we have found out since it was because management told most of them to fark off so pretty understandable)

It is going to take a mighty effort tomorrow and I just hope the team do itself justice cause they owe that to each other. The fear is a bad start and it could all unravel very quickly tomorrow.

we are no chance tomorrow and justifiably so.

When your management publicly goes behind your back with a no confidence statement then you sit there and say well fark you I am not putting in for you and do the minimum possible.

If the warriors get less than 50 then we have done well

Well i think you guys are blind.

Starling killed it for 2 of the last 3 weeks, the 3rd week no one killed it (and as we have found out since it was because management told most of them to fark off so pretty understandable)
I'm with you,Starling has played well.He was great last year and didn't miss a game.No luck with injuries this year and every team needs a workhorse type front rower and if the game requires players to play longer minutes,he can do that

Agree re Starlo, he's done ok!!

I predicted the score to be 52-10 in favour of the Sheep Shaggers, still think that will be about it!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6