GAME DAY - Manly v Titans [Round 18, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That call hurt us big time. Reverse the result and we would have finished in 3rd with a home semi against Brisbane instead of 5th and having to play in Melbourne's backyard.

That call, Snake's bull**** 4 week suspension and Snake's season ending injury stopped a very good team from going back to back.

That call hurt us big time. Reverse the result and we would have finished in 3rd with a home semi against Brisbane instead of 5th and having to play in Melbourne's backyard.

That call, Snake's bull**** 4 week suspension and Snake's season ending injury stopped a very good team from going back to back.

While I do agree with what you said.....remember we had Chris Bailey at 5/8 in 2009. That would have made it tough to go back to back anyway.

There's a good point re : coaching

Des lost 4 straight missing one player and all is forgiven

Toovey loses up to 10 players and he's the worst coach ever due to a shocking first half of a season

2010 Des made the finals due to an asterisk, Toovey may still make the finals lacking an asterisk

Nostalgia seems to make everything sunnier but after letting our captain take off to England 2010 was bleak as **** and we even (thankfully mind you) lost a half that year too and unearthed a lying little weasel and a god bothering liar,admittedly we were still missing just one player that season too,we even paid Chris Bailey big bucks which reportedly was around $450k per season

But I'm sure this loud rumour has nothing to do with a fat couple of losers with agendas and it's all about results that haven't yet been written

In 2010 we lost the Wolfman for the season to a shoulder injury before the opening game against the Tigers and then halfway through the match we lost Snake for the season with an ACL. Two of our main strike weapons gone with the season not even a game old. That forced us to play Robbo at fullback for a few before Des moved Ben Farrar there allowing Robbo to move back to the wing. Not that it mattered, Robbo was a better fullback than Farrar, but he was even more reliable on the wing. Wolfman's wing spot was actually taken that year by T-Rex.

Des also chose Trent Hodkinson over DCE as Orford's replacement. And most of the year he was paired with Foran who had only just been moved permanently to 5/8 after bouncing between there, halfback and the centres until then. Thankfully Chris Bailey spent most of the year warming the bench and interchanging mostly in the back row.

In a way, despite the fact that we made it to the finals only because the Scum's salary cap cheating had been exposed, we probably did better than expected. After losing Snake and Wolf early, plus losing Ox, most experts had us missing the finals altogether.

Last edited:
Archer and Ceccin.
Ceccin was the one who sent Foran's try to the Vidiot, who called a No Try :mad:
There's no denying it, Checcin hates the Eagles, I think every ref has a favourite and a team they dislike, I'm suspecting Checcin's a Warriors fan and a Manly hater. Just my view but I've held it for a long time.

Very much a danger game
If we just think turning up will get us a win tonight then we may be in for a rude shock.

I don't expect this game to get to any heights

Manly by 1-12 with Ryan James to be placed on report for repeated high shots on DCE.

Our forwards better stand up tonight

Windy and cold up here today (20 deg atm) a good kick chase and keep possession as much as possible and we quality go along way to winning.
Should be about 13 deg come game time.

Give Roberts no space tonight, box him in tight and Matai to put a massive hit on him early so he's watching the man not the ball for the rest of the game ;)

Boys better turn up and put in tonight. Season is effectively over for us if we can't beat these punks.

Realistically, if we can't beat these punks tonight we may as well wheel it into the garage and roll the shutters up..

Boys better turn up and put in tonight. Season is effectively over for us if we can't beat these punks.

Realistically, if we can't beat these punks tonight we may as well wheel it into the garage and roll the shutters up..
You would imagine the titans will come out all huff n puff for the first 20 then go back to there mediocre ways.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6