GAME DAY - Manly v Titans [Round 18, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we are going to do anything this season we need to win well up there, they are seriously depleted and we are in a stronger position injury wise, no excuses!

Good news, Foran has finally decided to earn his keep at Manly @:mad:

Foran focused on finals charge
Wayne Cousins

Wed 8th July, 12:06PM
Kieran Foran made his decision and now he wants to do what he does best..play football.

Bound for Parramatta next season, Foran is focused on helping the Sea Eagles make a charge for the finals.

“It would be great (to make the finals). Ever since I came into first grade here, we have made the eight. It would be a wonderful achievement to do it again,’’ Foran said.

“It is such a great winning culture here that the players have built up over so many years and it just be great to continue that on.

“I’m not even focused (on leaving). I just want to be able to put my best foot forward for the club, week in, week out.

“It is nice to be injury free and playing footy at the moment. If I can stay on the field and just keep building combinations with the boys out there, then I’ll be happy.

“It will be sad to leave (but) it is what it is. I am just focused on week to week here at the moment and as a side, we are just trying to get as many wins as we can out of these last 10 games.

“The last few weeks we have been able to put the same side on the field and that always helps. If we can keep doing that and keep building those combinations, hopefully we can win a few more games.”
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/07/08/foran_focused_on_fin.html
=============================================
Week 18 of a 26 week competition, The Ditherer decides to work :banghead:

We never win at Tittyland stadium. The sacred site of the original Checcining.
It's a bad vibe place.
I have a long memory. The original cecchinning occurred in this game:

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/s...5/new-zealand-vs-northern-eagles/summary.html

Cecchin came on as reserve ref when the original ref did a hammy. Possibly cecchin's debut in 1st grade.

He awarded a try to Jason death who was clearly short of the line. The beagles spat the dummy and the Warriors got momentum, pulling off a come from behind win that they didn't deserve.

Rugby league was blessed during the 80's and 90's with referees who were at least somewhat competent at their jobs. Harrigan, Stone, McCallum, Annesely, Ward etc.

These days the NRL is cursed with a bunch of inept fools, most of whom wouldn't be anywhere near first grade if not for the stupid 2 referee system the league has.

I was there the day we were Checcined for the first time , fair dinkum I thought the 3000 Manly fans behind the posts ( it happened right in front of us ) were going to jump over the fence and slaughter him that afternoon!!

Actually @Duff we have a fair record up there, and especially the last 3-4 years.

The crowd don't come into it as much as other grounds ( probably because there's none of them there) so if we are better than them we will win ( meaning the refs shouldn't feature as much as they sometimes do).

Won't be an easy game, but Manly by 13+ I reckon.

The sad thing is in this day of league, you have to check who the ref is before knowing how you will go.

I don't have a problem with Klein but we got the first 3 penalties against Cronulla which is unusual but how the hell did he find a 10-1 penalty count against us after that? We certainly weren't that bad and they did a hell of a lot of what we were doing.

I won't write him off yet after one 1 sided performance but of course Checchin is a huge worry.

It used to be dick%ead Shane Hayne but now it's Checchin.

Maxwell is up & down with us but not a big problem.

Depending on who the ref is will depend on my confidence.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/s...5/new-zealand-vs-northern-eagles/summary.html

Cecchin came on as reserve ref when the original ref did a hammy. Possibly cecchin's debut in 1st grade.

He awarded a try to Jason death who was clearly short of the line. The beagles spat the dummy and the Warriors got momentum, pulling off a come from behind win that they didn't deserve.

You are 100% correct, a Friday night in NZ, Chechins first grade debut and in refs call ( chechin) the warriors were awarded a try when the ball was grounded well short of the tryline givingt he warriors victory, I've never forgiven that bastard and he seems to do all he can to bring about our demise every time he refs us.

Last edited:
I notice Henry Perenara was on the bench for the Storm that very same round. Explains his anti Manly / pro Storm officiating. effing conflict of interest.

Just watched Beaver on the Thurs Matty Johns Show. Bit of his history, never suspended in 500 games and only once sent to the Sin Bin - for backchat- you guessed it Ceccined :mad:

So Ceccin hated Manly even when we were the Northern Eagles :punch:

Just watched Beaver on the Thurs Matty Johns Show. Bit of his history, never suspended in 500 games and only once sent to the Sin Bin - for backchat- you guessed it Ceccined :mad:

So Ceccin hated Manly even when we were the Northern Eagles :punch:
That says an awful lot about both Beaver's and Cecchin's respective attitudes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6