GAME DAY - Manly v Storm [Round 8, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing I will say.....

I'm glad this game is in Melbourne. Playing at Brookie this week with the way the weather currently is wouldn't be pleasant.

For those of you here who are in NSW with this storm right now I hope you're all ok.

I hope my elderly aunt is ok. She lives in Cromer at the bottom of a hill with a creek at the bottom of her back yard.
I haven't been down around the lagoon but there was talk last night of evacuating those around Manly Dam and Narrabeen Lagoon.

We are quite lucky - across from the beach in Narrabeen but facing east-west so it's hardly noticeable which makes it all the more bizarre when you go outside.

Hope everyone is safe.

I haven't been down around the lagoon but there was talk last night of evacuating those around Manly Dam and Narrabeen Lagoon.

We are quite lucky - across from the beach in Narrabeen but facing east-west so it's hardly noticeable which makes it all the more bizarre when you go outside.

Hope everyone is safe.

Sunrise have been reporting that the Manly Dam is starting to overflow and that people have been warned to prepare to evacuate.

Can't put myself through this **** again.

All the best to them but I'll just check the team list for Blair Williame's and Hasson's presence and Lyon and Stewarts absence from here on out.

Glad they retained William's, hope Hodges keeps his spot on the bench in future..

Mason comes off the bench from here on in? We are loosing all hope in the first twenty week after week with the absurd starting pack.

If For an doesn't pull his finger out this week I won't bother with another game until we have a full squad available. Still hope and pray for some wins but its no longer a fair fight. Its dead set torturous watching teams attack our edges now and watching Cherry Evan do more three sixties o the park than he does off it. I think watching him kick it straight to Slater every set they don't drop the ball would give me an aneurism.
Im with you , i cant watch our backline just stand there and watch them run in try after try , we are in for a hell of a flogging , Melbourne have a bit of pay back for us , its going to be a car crash and i cant bring myself to watch .

Im with you , i cant watch our backline just stand there and watch them run in try after try , we are in for a hell of a flogging , Melbourne have a bit of pay back for us , its going to be a car crash and i cant bring myself to watch .

Have faith mate this IS the Storm we are playing, whilst I think they'll win I reckon our boys will lift.

Despite the doom and gloom of the losses , and our poor play at times, they have improved a little each week following the Raiders debacle.

They were in the Panthers game until about 60 minutes and the same ( even leading ) against the Bulldogs.

We are undermanned, we have lost confidence but after the media has slammed them all week we are also Manly.

Storm will win but I reckon it might be closer than everyone thinks.

Beaver on Fox re Manly 'Get a bit of passion, leads to confidence in defence, then you build of the back of that , then your attack comes, then you start winning football games. Simple' @:cool:

Have faith mate this IS the Storm we are playing, whilst I think they'll win I reckon our boys will lift.

Despite the doom and gloom of the losses , and our poor play at times, they have improved a little each week following the Raiders debacle.

They were in the Panthers game until about 60 minutes and the same ( even leading ) against the Bulldogs.

We are undermanned, we have lost confidence but after the media has slammed them all week we are also Manly.

Storm will win but I reckon it might be closer than everyone thinks.
God i hope you are right ......as we all will be copping a huge amount of flack from friends i stick with my team even if my picks suffer , so lets hope they put in this week ...i best tape the game who knows if we win then i can watch it ....lol

Some players can improve by just playing with good players. It is nearly time to start clutching at straws.

just like harrison red head back rower came on against the dogs in the semis .. he ripped in ..

some players elevate in the big arenas prime time ...

give em a chance

God i hope you are right ......as we all will be copping a huge amount of flack from friends i stick with my team even if my picks suffer , so lets hope they put in this week ...i best tape the game who knows if we win then i can watch it ....lol

Manly are travelling so badly at the moment even my friends have stopped rubbing it in.

(no, I didn't kill any of them)

Well I am Gobb Smacked as to why Jayden Hodges isn't in there. Put Matty B back to lock and Tommy . S back to the bench and drop Sao. Surely we have better backs than David Williams and Williame.(Poor Bloke has never played in a winning side in his NRL Career) . Vave should be in the mix somewhere.

Does anyone know what is happening with
Tafua
Snake
BJ Lawrence
Starling
Mateo
Killer

We are gunna get spanked. I've got zero confidence in the way this team has played this year. If we keep them within 20 points we will be doing well.

Just my opinion.

I'm going with the surprise tactic , Melbourne think it will be the easiest win all year, and all Manly have to do is lift by 20% ( not impossible given their insipid performances to date ), and get a run of penalties and suddenly we are 18-0 after 20.

Stranger things have happened !!

• 23 Apr 2015
  • Manly Daily
Another big Storm on the horizon

HEADING TO MELBOURNE A HUGE CHALLENGE
THE boys don’t need reminding about the difficult 80-minute task that awaits them on Saturday night.

Melbourne have their tails up as competition leaders after seven rounds and will fancy their chances on home soil at AAMI Park.

Every year they are written off but they weren’t by us – Craig Bellamy always prepares well-drilled outfits.

They also won’t have forgotten us beating them back in round two at Brookvale Oval.

It was a thriller that could have gone either way.

Thankfully we got the chocolates that night, but as everyone knows, it has been lean times since then.

Once again we will be missing our skipper Jamie Lyon (ankle), and Kieran Foran remains in doubt due to a groin complaint.

We are hoping Brett Stewart will play. Given our desperate state of affairs, we will give him every chance up until kick-off.

ANZAC RESPECT

I AM a big fan of the NRL’s decision to stage five games this Saturday from 12pm (AEST).

Anzac Day is a time to remember our fallen soldiers who fought back in the day to ensure our freedom.

Before each game, you can hear a pin drop when they perform The Last Post.

A few of our players had relatives who fought abroad, so no doubt they will be pumped to perform on what is a vital day in Australian history.

LOSING A HABIT

ONCE again we showed, in patches, what we are capable of as a unit last Friday against the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium.

We recovered from a nightmare start to take the lead soon after half-time. I thought we would then go on with things.

Our fade-outs in defence have been tough to take, but I guess losing becomes a habit when you are down on your luck.

We are a proud bunch collectively, and to see us on the bottom of the ladder with just two points doesn’t make for good viewing.

Hopefully a win against our archrivals will spark a winning run.

I've gone from , record and watch it later , to looking forward to watching it live on Fox.

I just have this strange feeling that the boys might lift .

I won't at all be surprised if they don't , but after so many spankings I'd suggest the " wooden spoon certainties " tag may well have hit home to most!

Cronk doubtful @:) and Foran won't play :wondering:

Storm halfback Cooper Cronk has left town, adding fuel to the fire that he is in doubt of Saturday's home ANZAC Day clash with Manly.

NRL.com can reveal the star playmaker was spotted in the departures lounge at Melbourne airport late Wednesday afternoon.

Cronk has failed to train with the main group this week, battling what is said to be the flu with the club yet to officially rule him for Round 8.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4