GAME DAY - Manly v Raiders [Round 23, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree @Simonmyers11 this is a real danger game. Watching the raiders this year we have to start strong ( raiders have played there best football in the 1st 30 minutes)

We cannot afford to give the raiders cheap possession and easy piggy back penalties.

Watching them last night I see us winning but not by many probably in the 4-10 point margin. If we are slightly off our game them watch out because raiders team on paper is very strong.

If you watched the tigers game, Brooks and tedesco were on fire. Tedesco almost won the game by himself with his attacking runs. We need to emulate what the tigers did, would be the ideal game for Tom to be involved in, his pace out wide could be a real asset.

Canberra are no easy beats, when they turn it on - they can score a lot of points quickly - usually early on. Need to weather the early storm and come over the top

Agree @Simonmyers11 this is a real danger game. Watching the raiders this year we have to start strong ( raiders have played there best football in the 1st 30 minutes)

We cannot afford to give the raiders cheap possession and easy piggy back penalties.

Watching them last night I see us winning but not by many probably in the 4-10 point margin. If we are slightly off our game them watch out because raiders team on paper is very strong.

Agree, worried about this game. We need to be on from the start

Huge loss Willie being out suspended. Has been great with jake in the first 20 mins. Starling is a plodder, I can see Canberra running over Manly at the start, and we have a very small bench. If the forwards dont aim up, could be trouble for manly.
I tend to agree: Willie and Jake have been awesome of late, absolute pleasure to watch...

In the flip side, Willie's going to get the sort of rest an elder statesman sort of need s at this point of the season..

Agree, worried about this game. We need to be on from the start

Make sure willi is on the bus

Willi has been just as important to our attitude and commitment in the last month than that of our skill and capability

One follows the other and they are dynamic

Skill sessions over the past month has not got us to where we are

But a belief and willingness to forget the crap and play for a common cause has

That common cause is tooves who I believe the players now realise they have let down

The game will be won on the bus down the Hume and assisted by a loud away supporter base

I dare not mention 78 yet but if you were there you would know what I mean

Let's revenge last year and do what no one else has done

The unfair suspension of Willie may provide extra motivation for Manly, like the 2v sacking did.

The last 2 wins over the top sides may have Manly believing that each win is a given.:wondering:

So backs against the wall time, yet again :nod:

Willie=Manly=Us :giggle:

If Manly get out hard & defend well, the Raiders defence out wide will leak points
Its all about defending well or it will turn into a shootout like the Raiders/Tigers game & can go either way....personally think a 16 -20 point Seaeagles win.

Yeah the raiders might try bounce back after the loss against tigpies. Hopefully given there predicament with the ladder they lack motivation. But knowing were we are they will want to try knowck us off our perch.

I agree we need to run the Raiders around, but that really plays into our hands because that's the style we are playing at the moment. We have been getting the ball out to Horo and Mateo on the edges quite a lot lately, and even feeding the centres some more ball. It's good football to watch when the passes stick.

I expect the raiders to come out all guns blazing for 10-20 mins but if we get a lead during that time than they will be thinking its season over and drop off. What i want to see from Manly is an 80 min performance regardless of the score. Something to keep building on.

Manly by 14 / 30 we have to much to play for . Brisbane by similar score over dragons.

I reckon all our players should do their pre-match warm-up wearing headgear, and practice 'head-butting' each other.
2V and Big Willie to front the media conference, both with headgear.
What a piss-take that would be.

I agree we need to run the Raiders around, but that really plays into our hands because that's the style we are playing at the moment. We have been getting the ball out to Horo and Mateo on the edges quite a lot lately, and even feeding the centres some more ball. It's good football to watch when the passes stick.
Yep them passes have to stick and the less ball we give back the better.If we can maintain possession and have good defence we should win this game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4