LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Rabbitohs Rd 16, 2015 [1295890]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Souths will be nearly at full strength tomorrow and well rested.

Isaac Luke to return is the late mail with gift a 50/50 chance of returning

This will be our biggest test yet of the year

All I hope we give a good account of our selves tomorrow

No one will give us a chance tomorrow

But I think we can cause the upset

All I ask for as I am going to the game is not the same performance as the Broncos game.

Last years semi sitting next to a bunch of Souths fans was bad enough and also the SCG game which I attended which thankfully was around the Manly supporters bay.

Time for some payback I say
Looking forward to sitting in bay 105 with many other manly fans and getting the manly chant going around ANZ, stuff that glory glory to South Sydney m chant

What is Chicken Legs problem with Manly? ...anyone?
It could be from 2009 up at the Titans where he made a huge error at the end of the game and we lost by 1 point. Orford was deemed to have knocked on according to C, but everyone with eyes saw it as a regather.

He was headline news, and being a fwit, blames Manly and not his error :cool:

Last edited:
It could be from 2009 up at the Titans where he made a huge error at the end of the game and we lost by 1 point. Orford was deemed to have knocked on according to C, but everyone with eyes saw it as a regather.

I remember that game, that was utter bull$hit. I was so dirty that night.

I was up there and it was such a farcical call.
Probably only matched by the knock on call that Killer was given up in Townsville, I think in the same year. Killer flicked the ball back, then ran back past a clearly painted line and picked it up himself - somehow the ball was called forward as the Ref didn't recognise Killer as the player who did both movements :mad:

Maybe we are due a Manly bias from Cechin @:cool:

That's the only reason I can think of as well.

Does all this Foran fiasco this week be a good thing for his mentality today against Souths ?? Will his mind be truly on the job.

For me this evening it is all about the 1st 10-20 minutes if Souths get a roll on early this could be very much like last years semi final.

Not confident at all tonight , Souths near full strength with a point to prove not the time you want to be playing them.

I hope our boys show some fight and determination and really take it to Souths.

Last edited:

I think what actually happened was that Orford dived on a loose ball on the ground (cleanly) only for the chasing Titans player to basically trip over him while he was still on the ground. Checcin somehow came up with a penalty against Orford for taking him out and they took the 2 from right in front to win it by a point right on full time.

Thus the term "Checcined" was coined.

I think what actually happened was that Orford dived on a loose ball on the ground (cleanly) only for the chasing Titans player to basically trip over him while he was still on the ground. Checcin somehow came up with a penalty against Orford for taking him out and they took the 2 from right in front to win it by a point right on full time.

Thus the term "Checcined" was coined.
This is exactly what happened. Chechin was dropped the following week and has despised Manly since.

Cecchin has been that way since day 1

His NRL debut was a Warriors v Northern Eagles game. Eagles were up 30-10 or some score similar when Steve Clark pulled a hammy. Cecchin then minced down from the stands and had a blinder to get the Warriors home by 2 points

Don't think he got another go with the big boys for about 3 years after that

souths are notoriously slow starters after a bye, one area we can get them. this game will be for the most part won early. Dominate the first 30 and take advantage of that with points and will go a long way towards winning. Downside of early domination and points is the refs will always help in 'making a game of it' and start gifting 50/50 calls to the team losing. So have to maintain the ball, and not take the foot off the attack pedal for less chance of that happening.

On a different note, lets hope whoever is covering the game for RLW does a better job at the players ratings than the idiot who rated the players last Friday night.

This is how our ratings read.....

Brett Stewart - 6 (two tries, fabulous support play and he only got a 6 while Tedesco got a 7)
Jorge Taufua - 8 (made one run down the left but was otherwise lazy. 6 maybe but not 8)
Peta Hiku - 6 (agreed)
Steve Matai - 7 (agreed)
Tom Trbojevic - 6 (agreed)
Kieran Foran - 8 (agreed)
Daly Cherry-Evans - 7 (agreed but could have been an 8)
Luke Burgess - 5 (agreed)
Matt Ballin - 7 (agreed)
Jake Trbojevic - 7 (should have been an 8)
Feleti Mateo - 7 (should have been an 8)
Tom Symonds - 6 (agreed)
Danamis Lui - 7 (agreed, an improved performance from what we saw in Brisbane)
Willie Mason - 6 (should have been a 7)
James Hasson - 5 (his best game for Manly should have rated at least a 6 or 7)
Ligi Sao - 7 (should have been an 8)
Josh Starling - 5 (agreed)

I'm no bookie, but I can't believe we are at $3.25 tonight.

Ok it's conceivable we may not win, but $3.25 ? I'll take that.

It opened around that and my eyes lit up, i really expected it to come into about $2.50 as the week went on, i got on at $2.95 and see its now back out to $3.15. Maybe they are expecting Foran distraction to play a part. Very far from a sure thing, but the odds are very juicy for a team with a definite chance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6