GAME DAY - Manly v Rabbids [Round 22, 2015] - Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
SEA EAGLES V RABBITOHS - FRI 7 AUGUST, 7.45PM, BROOKVALE OVAL

REFEREE: Gerard Sutton
VIDEO REFEREES: Bernard Sutton,Luke Patten
ASSIST REFEREE: Gavin Reynolds
TOUCH JUDGES: Brett Suttor ,Adam Reid

STANDBY: Kasey Badger JERSEY COLOUR: Lime

Sea Eagles

1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Jake Trbojevic
9 Matt Ballin
10 Willie Mason
11 Feleti Mateo
12 Justin Horo
13 Blake Leary

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 Michael Chee Kam
16 James Hasson
17 Josh Starling

Coach: Geoff Toovey
CLmR8PpUYAAR0SG.jpg

Rabbitohs
1 Greg Inglis (c)
2 Alex Johnston
3 Dylan Walker
4 Bryson Goodwin
5 Aaron Gray
6 Luke Keary
7 Adam Reynolds
8 George Burgess
9 Issac Luke
10 Tim Grant
11 Glenn Stewart
12 John Sutton
13 Chris McQueen

Interchange
14 Kyle Turner
15 Chris Grevsmuhl
16 David Tyrrell
17 Thomas Burgess
18 Jason Clark

Coach: Michael Maguire

Milestones
Manly Warringah supporters could witness a few possible milestones against South Sydney Rabbitohs at Brookvale Oval tonight.

Full-back Brett Stewart is on the verge of Steve Menzies’ record for most tries scored at Brookvale Oval.

Stewart (86 tries) needs just two more tries to equal Menzies’ record of 88 at Brookie, and three tries to break it.

Centre Steve Matai (49 tries) needs one more try to become the fourth player in the club’s history to score 50 tries at Brookvale Oval.

The current record stands at:

88 tries Steve Menzies (Manly 1993-2004; Northern Eagles 2000-02)

86 tries Brett Stewart (2003-)

70 tries Bob Fulton (1966-76)

49 tries Steve Matai (2005-)

Brett Stewart already holds the record for most tries for Manly at Brookvale Oval. Steve Menzies scored 78 tries for Manly and 10 for Northern Eagles at Brookvale.

Captain and centre Jamie Lyon is on the verge of becoming the third player in the club’s history to score 500 points at Brookvale Oval.

The current record stands at:

952 points - Graham Eadie (1971-83)

587 points - Matthew Ridge (1990-96)

496 points - Bob Batty (1959-71)

492 points – Jamie Lyon (2007-)

* Stats supplied by David Middelton, League Information Services.

Match Day Information

Rd 22 NRL: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v South Sydney Rabbitohs, Brookvale Oval, Friday August 7.

Times

Gates Open: 5.15pm
Holden Cup: 5.20pm
NRL: 7.30pm

upload_2015-8-4_14-26-41.png

Go Manly! :inlove: Dream BIG and jump into 8th spot

Last edited:
I hope I am wrong but I dislike the fact that every one is talking us up as top 8 certainties. The last time we we were coming off this much hype in the media was the Titans game and we all know how the Cowboys played at Brookvale oval against us.

If we again get caught up in the media hype we are going to be in for a rude shock come Friday night.

Souths will be a whole different kettle of fish compared to the Broncos on Saturday night.

Any weaknesses they will exploit of ours.

Just saw that side named won't be the one that runs out on Friday. Tom T should of been named but last time we played Souths at ANZ ( I was there at the game live) Souths found him out in defence a few times so I can see why he has been left out of the side ( add to the fact that we don't need him to burn out he is still only 18).

I think Brett is in more doubt that we know as well.

Head says Souths by 13
Heart says Manly by 4

Last edited:
Souths are pretty much at full strength going to make it that much harder I think.

This is not the Souths of this time last year. Nor Manly for that matter.
I think this is very different from after the Titans game because of the Tooves sacking. Having watched last Saturday night, I think Jamie Lyon would pick up the Jane Try Stand and dump it on their heads if he thought it would get the win for Tooves. And he is our leader.
Manly to win!!!

Need to remember before the cowboys game they told the team 14 guys were not wanted next year, unculding Ballin, Mateo and Starling who all played and had contracts

Hasson ... He hits hard he goes straight he is a team player ... at darts in Dublin.

They're expecting a huge crowd, as I got an email from the Membership Mob to sell back any unused Season Tickets for the next 3 home games @:cool:

Gobsmacked that Tom T isn't in the side, seriously what does he have to do? He has Xfactor and speed that we need. I can't see Hiku running 80mtrs for a try.
Very disappointing.

This game is massive, and I see the early betting has Manly and Souths at $1.90.

I was surprised by that initially, but between the hype it is clear Souths are a big step up and will give Manlys playmakers much less time to make plays than the Broncos did. I don't think they will be as good as the Cowboys though who really played an outstanding game and every tackle stuck.

Manly need us more than ever on Friday. I'm expecting a full house so buying my tickets for the game online (and even paying the $5.75-for-nothing fee and the $0.36 credit card gouge) - I hate Ticketmaster they are sole reason I rarely buy event tickets.

Manly have to win this game Friday, I see the following two games in Canberra and against the Roosters as super hard as well.

Go Manly, and please play Brett!

BTW - can Tom T still be selected to play even if he wasn't named?. Does someone have to be proven as injured?.

I am giving Manly one more try this week in terms of the tipping comp- they have cost me badly over the last few weeks.

Manly by 8

Souths have won the last 3 games against us, I am starting to get sick of it
My mate is bringing 5 friends down to Brookvale who are all souths fans-thankfully they are sitting on the hill not with me in my season seats FLT/M stand.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8