GAME DAY - Manly v Penrith [Round 6,2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark you had big wraps on this reject from the cowboys Blake Leary . From what I have seen of him I now can understand why the Cowboys didnt have any room for him in their lethal forward pack line up . It was no surprise for me to see Leary selected to play in the second row along side another player that is not up to NRL standard Chee kam in the NSW cup this week.
Without faith we have no hope and I am tipping Manly to beat the Panthers because i have faith in Toovey that he can turn things around
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

So Leary gets two starts, goes ok, gets injured and may be coming back through the Reggies and you are on his back......pffffttt!!

He shone in the QLD Cup last year, the step up to the NRL is a big one, but at least give him time !

GI on Sterlo just confirmed that Manly went hard for TB @:cool:

Mase reckons 2v was angry at how Manly have been losing, not so much the 3 losses in a row. More effort is promised after some hard truths were spoken :)

Said that TurboTom is filthy on Hiku for not passing him the ball for another 2 tries:)

We could have our first win in a month :clap:

GI on Sterlo just confirmed that Manly went hard for TB @:cool:

Mase reckons 2v was angry at how Manly have been losing, not so much the 3 losses in a row. More effort is promised after some hard truths were spoken :)

Said that TurboTom is filthy on Hiku for not passing him the ball for another 2 tries:)

We could have our first win in a month :clap:
Let's not forget they also have lost 3 in a row AND are at home.

Cannot see us getting within a bulls roar of the Choccy Soldiers.

So Leary gets two starts, goes ok, gets injured and may be coming back through the Reggies and you are on his back......pffffttt!!

He shone in the QLD Cup last year, the step up to the NRL is a big one, but at least give him time !
I hope he steps up because at the moment we need forwards to go more than just ok in order for us to be competitive in the NRL.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ollective-effort/story-fngr8iii-1227295957409

Manly can improve with collective effort

• MANLY DAILY
  • APRIL 08, 2015 5:14PM
LANGUISHING in 16th spot after five rounds of the NRL season definitely wasn’t part of the plan.

We are a proud club, accustomed to yearly success, and to be last hurts.
But like I stressed to the players after the Raiders defeat in Albury, there is no need to panic.
It is a long season with plenty of footy still to be played.
Sure, results haven’t gone our way, but I honestly believe we can turn things around.

The systems we have in place have worked for a number of years and the team is desperate to make things right.

Our task isn’t easy this Saturday night – Penrith will be smarting after losing on home soil against the Cowboys on Monday night and Pepper Stadium is a tough place to play at the best of times.

The boys have trained well all week and I have no doubt they will be in the contest up to their eyeballs.

YOUNGSTERS ON SONG

ON a positive note, our under-20s NYC squad are flying. They are unbeaten heading into round six, with coach David Heath encouraging our stars of tomorrow to seize the moment.

Plenty has been said about our apparent uncertain future, so to see the youngsters leading the competition is great.

TOM IS TERRIFIC

I HAD no hesitation in handing Tom Trbojevic his first grade debut last weekend.

We took him to the NRL Nines in Auckland and he didn’t look out of place.

Plenty of people have talked him up a treat but it won’t go to his head – Tommy is a good kid with a mature head on his shoulders. He knows he has plenty to learn but I did like how confident he was under the high ball.

It would have been a special moment being out there with his older brother Jake.

All those backyard battles clearly paid off, with the duo proud Mona Vale Raiders juniors. It goes without saying they are integral in our future club plans.

HALVES TO FIRE

LOOK for Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans to ignite our attack on Saturday night. They are international stars for a reason.

Both have been disappointed with their recent performances but as I keep saying, form is temporary, class is permanent.

We're going that bad I think ella has stopped writing Manly reports about the game!!!!

The halves alone can't get us out of this slump, if he team play for each other this weekend I'd expect we might go down in a narrow loss, say 24-16, that after last week would at least be refreshing.

If they just turn up in the same mood as last week, my earlier prediction of 34-4 stands.

Either way I don't expect a win, but would be really happy if we showed a marked improvement.

But it WONT be just if the halves fire , it needs a team effort, doing the best they can, no sulking, no hang dog looks, no dogging it behind the line.

I guess we will know about 745pm on Saturday.

Looking at nrl stats brett stewart kicked 3 times for 185m In the game against the raiders. Should get him kicking more often or move him to 5/8 .

Looking at nrl stats brett stewart kicked 3 times for 185m In the game against the raiders. Should get him kicking more often or move him to 5/8 .
Don't be surprised to see him at 6 once $oran goes, Hiku to fullback ( which he handled well for the Kiwis), T Turbo on the wing and ultimately fullback.

Would also help to ease the pain for a rookie half such as Elgey ( if we get him).

Don't be surprised to see him at 6 once $oran goes, Hiku to fullback ( which he handled well for the Kiwis), T Turbo on the wing and ultimately fullback.

Would also help to ease the pain for a rookie half such as Elgey ( if we get him).
Jokelly hasn't signed diddly squat so far so I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about getting Elgey.

The halves alone can't get us out of this slump, if he team play for each other this weekend I'd expect we might go down in a narrow loss, say 24-16, that after last week would at least be refreshing.

If they just turn up in the same mood as last week, my earlier prediction of 34-4 stands.

Either way I don't expect a win, but would be really happy if we showed a marked improvement.

But it WONT be just if the halves fire , it needs a team effort, doing the best they can, no sulking, no hang dog looks, no dogging it behind the line.

I guess we will know about 745pm on Saturday.
I can imagine what this place will be like about 930pm Sat if we lose. I'll be well and truly tanked so the expletives will be flowing thick and fast.:mad:@:mad::swear:

We should promise ourselves and each other in case of a loss not to OVER-REACT on Sat Night. But even if we dont, the 'flow of expletives' will still be considerable, cause it will be WARRANTED. @:mad:

The WORST thing that happened to Manly leading up to this game is Penrith getting rammed last game. Manly will aim up in this game imo, but is their best competitive with a young top 4 side at home - the heart says yes but it will be a tough, close toss of the coin match - provided the halves leave their bibs in the sheds & the forwards hated the re-run of the Albury efforts & are keen to make amends.

For the Sea Eagles, coach Geoff Toovey named the same line-up that went down in Albury, although skipper Jamie Lyon (groin), Steve Matai (shoulder) and Feleti Mateo (ankle) could be late inclusions.
The Way We See It: The home side is in a rut without their spark plug in Soward, and there's a chance at least one of Lyon, Matai and Mateo could be on that team sheet an hour before kickoff. A desperate Sea Eagles team is a traditionally dangerous one, and with Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran still in that line-up, we believe it's our duty to suggest you go Sea Eagles by seven.
NRL .com

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4