GAME DAY - Manly v Eels [Round 24, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hasson to start.

Genius move by Tooves - Hasson will give away his customary penalties early the same time when the refs will penalise us anyway so we can double up and halve our penalties.

Discipline will be the key today. It is wet and it will come down to doing the 1 percenters well. Strong kick chase game and getting repeat sets and building pressure, the worms will throw the ball about as they have nothing to lose. A big opportunity today to get a good win. we MUST take it!

Does it still look like rain in God's country ? Looking at tv looks OK at the moment. What's the chances by kickoff?

Things not going our way. Souths, Penrith, Tigers, Saints and now a wet track maybe stopping scoring a lot of points.
Confident about today and Rorters. Sharks can be our bogey team.
Go Manly.............

Hasson......you serious.
Good win by the Cup boys yesterday..........20's can shake the comp too.............
Come on Manly..........

Today is D Day as far as I am concerned. If we beat the Eels then I can live with our crap start to 2015 and feel optimistic for the future. Which includes optimistic that Manly will prosper and that Brad Arthur will not.

I have a bad feeling about this game. Both front rowers out, bad weather, small crowd and the team will be complacent. They will already be thinking about next week with JWH & Pearce both out.
Sadly, the slimes by 13+.
Why on earth would they be complacent, knowing they have to win every game to have a chance of making the finals?

Manly also had a close call last week, so the complacency thing doesn't really stack up.

Manly's recent form is vastly superior to Parramatta's. Manly's overall record vs Parramatta is vastly superior to theirs against Manly. Last time around, Watmough was their inspiration, now he is injured. Sandow played out of his skin, now he is gone.

The game might be closer, without Mason and Turbo playing. However I doubt that Manly will lose this one, unless the team has a collective brain explosion.

Last edited:
No point suggesting that this is the MIGOTY, every game for the last month has been, and every game for the next 3 weeks is.

If we do happen to make the finals then that's a whole different competition and anything is possible.

Last edited:
Bulldog Ritchie mentioned we are 1-17, however there have been several suggestions on Twitter to say Jake T is out, which could be the reason Lawrence didn't play NSW cup yesterday.

He also mentioned that Hopoate and Mannah are 50/50.
Yeah, I just can't see Jake playing to be honest. I'd say Lawrence is in for sure.

Last edited:
Bulldog Ritchie mentioned we are 1-17, however there have been several suggestions on Twitter to say Jake T is out, which could be the reason Lawrence didn't play NSW cup yesterday.

He also mentioned that Hopoate and Mannah are 50/50.

Cheers so just rumours at the moment?

We have to beat the Eels by 24+ today to get in the Eight! Let's go Manly!!! We should also get the win in the holden cup as well. Manly have a really good chance of finals footy in all 3 grades.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4