GAME DAY - Manly v Dragons [Round 4,2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cant believe the thought by many that the Dragons will be an easy two points.For a start we all know our side that takes the field will be weaker than the one named and secondly we rarely leave there with two points even in the good years.Home ground counts for so much in an even comp.Parra Rd1 is an obvious example.

I have really liked the effort so far from the boys but winning games with blokes out in key positions is difficult for any team.I will be surprised if we get the points.Our chances of sneaking into the 8 will revolve around winning almost all our home games and pinching one or two away.

Cant believe the thought by many that the Dragons will be an easy two points.For a start we all know our side that takes the field will be weaker than the one named and secondly we rarely leave there with two points even in the good years.Home ground counts for so much in an even comp.Parra Rd1 is an obvious example.

I have really liked the effort so far from the boys but winning games with blokes out in key positions is difficult for any team.I will be surprised if we get the points.Our chances of sneaking into the 8 will revolve around winning almost all our home games and pinching one or two away.
No easy 2 points at all, but if we can't beat that side, then we may as well turn off the telly and stop buying tickets as our 2015 goose is cooked already !!!!!

St George is our bogey side. I think we have the worst loss-win ratio against them than any other club. And I'd bet our wins at Wollongong are few and far between.

ST GEORGE Illawarra have stood down veteran recruit Dane Nielsen as they investigate an incident that allegedly breached the club’s code of conduct.

- various sources.

Anyway, manly by 32 points.

bogey side my bot bot

Kieran Foran is doing "whats best for his family" this week, and will be unable to attend the match. Frankly, the possibility he may get tackled (and subsequently hurt) may jeopardise his new and improved football career commencing in 2016 with the messiah.

He's a very naughty boy.

Matai, Foran and Lyon are all in doubt.
We saw what happened when we were missing Jamie.
Who would do the goal kicking if Lyon and Matai were out? Evans, I guess.

I'm sure killer and foz will play, Matai I'm not so sure. More than happy to give that Williame another go in the centres if Matai is out.
Lawrence can't be too far off either, he's in the training photos from today.
It'll be good foz is back on that left side defending if Matai won't play.
If we turn up without our heads screwed on we'll lose, if we're up for it we'll win well.

There's nothing like a win to raise the spirits. I'm talking more the fans than the players here. Hard match for fans, do we really want Widdop to flop when he is a candidate to replace Foran? It's all getting a bit too complicated for me, so just give me a win.

For anyone wondering
60745s.gif

Would that be a world where players where both honest and loyal???

If you were offered a better paying job where you would be working with someone you had a strong friendship with, I guarantee that just about everyone would take it. That's what I mean. Also don't expect players to be loyal, when the clubs will happily toss aside a player given a chance. It works both ways.

• 26 Mar 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Geoff Toovey
Foran back and ready to help slay Dragons

BOYS FEELING CONFIDENT AHEAD OF BIG TRIP DOWN TO WOLLONGONG
KIERAN Foran is a likely inclusion for us this Saturday night against the Dragons at WIN Stadium in Wollongong.

With his future now decided beyond 2015, he can focus on what he does best – playing footy.

When he went down injured against Parramatta towards the back end of our first game, I was very concerned. It made what was already a bad night on the scoreboard even worse.

His initial diagnosis was at least a month on the sidelines – but with “Foz” being the competitor he is, I was always confident he would return sooner.

Sure enough, he is back in the mix for selection this week – if he passes a late fitness test, he will be on the bus with his teammates heading to Wollongong.

RED V WILL BE FIRED UP

WE HAVE left nothing to chance this week at training as we prepare for another road trip.

St George Illawarra will have their tails up after showing tremendous determination and courage to beat Canberra at GIO Stadium last Saturday.

To win at the death, after trailing 18-0 late in the first half, does wonders for a team’s confidence.

Coach Paul McGregor was a class player in his heyday as a centre and his coaching style has clearly rubbed off on his players.

In Benji Marshall and Josh Dugan they have two attacking weapons who can change the course of a game in an instant.

We will need to shut both of them down at every opportunity if we are to win our second game of the campaign.

WARY OF BIG GEORGE

I AM expecting big George Rose to have a significant impact off the bench.

While things didn’t work out as he would have liked in Melbourne in 2014, he seems to have fitted in seamlessly wearing the famous red and white jumper.

He was a crowd favourite when on our books while fellow ex-Sea Eagle and 2008 premiership-winning hooker Heath L’Estrange is another we will need to contain around the ruck.

“Stranger” is

lethal running at tiring defences and has already formed a handy partnership with starting rake Mitch Rein.

KEEPING IT SIMPLE

WITH Canberra to follow in Albury next week, the boys know just how important a win this weekend is.

While I wouldn’t call it season defining, if we turn up and do the simple things right, we will be hard to beat.

Simple errors killed us versus the Bulldogs and I would be very surprised if we play like that again.

The playing group know it wasn’t good enough and they are all desperate to make things right.

• 26 Mar 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Jon Geddes
Anxious wait on Manly’s star trio

THE Sea Eagles are anxiously hoping tomorrow will turn out to be a good Friday.

That is when the Sea Eagles are likely to make a final decision on the fitness of star backs Jamie Lyon and Kieran Foran ahead of Saturday’s game with St George Illawarra at WIN Stadium.

Manly skipper Lyon missed last Friday’s loss to the Bulldogs with a leg injury.

“Hopefully, I am right this week,” Lyon said yesterday.

Matai hurt his shoulder during last week’s game when his arm was hyperextended in a tackle.

He is most likely to miss the game.

“He will probably be Friday as well, we’ll see how he responds to a bit of treatment and how he feels,” Lyon said.

Foran has been named to make his return after being sidelined with a hamstring injury but Lyon was not sure whether he would play.

“I know he is keen and adds a lot to this team, hopefully he gets through his fitness test,” Lyon said.

The Dragons have been under siege but scored a spirited win over Canberra last week.

Former Sea Eagles cult figure George Rose, who recently became a father, has been named on an extended Dragons’ bench.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6