GAME DAY - Manly v Dogs [Round 3, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cecchin, Perenara has been factored in by the bookies. 2V's non-use of the bench has also been factored in. Last time we beat them at Fortress Brooky was in the wet, when their big guys couldn't change direction quick enuff to stop DCE, Snake scored 2.

I'm not feeling too confident, but a good showing is required. No capitulations, no fade outs.
MDGOTY.
groundsman has been standing with a hose on the ground for the past 48hrs

Playing again at Fortress Brookie (where we rarely loose) will give Manly a big boost so as per last week I am predicting Manly will win this in a tight one by 6 points.

I'm not so confident as I was last weekend.
Dogs by 14.:sob::rage:
I am so convinced you are full of sht LOL
images.jpg

Ill be pleasantly surprised if we win but not shattered if we lose.

New combinations will take time to gel, and I think we should win the next two, so to be 3/5 ( if it pans out that way) will be a fair effort.

Dogs will be massively hard to beat, after all they were 2014 Grand Finalists and they have added an extra Morris since then.

SCUMDogs by 10

I don't get it. Look I'm a betting man and try to make a quid here and there.
If I believe the dogs have the advantage why would I back Manly with my hard earned.
:party:
I would love the Eagles to win it, but if they don't at least I'll have a quid or 2.:call:

Is this how all new members are treated...
No it's how incompetent, bumbling wankers are though.

Look my heart says Manly.
But with the current injury toll and distractions ect. I'm tipping the Bulldogs in the tipping comp.

Can't I tip against Manly.
Geez @:oops: :banghead:
You aren't a tipping comp member. Don't be that kind of troll that like to infiltrate and be nice. Own it, don't lie.

Conceded 40+ first game 20+ second game with two disallowed tries, we need to fix our D it has been absolutely toilet.

Conceded 40+ first game 20+ second game with two disallowed tries, we need to fix our D it has been absolutely toilet.
absolutely, there's plenty of things we need to fix, and I'm sure we will.
Easy to forget in our first two games we've had so many blokes playing out of position. With all those injuries it's little wonder our defense has suffered. Just look at Parra last Friday, they got a few injuries, people had to move around and they conceded a bunch.
I'm sure we've been training to accommodate these injuries, we'll be better.

At home Manly will remain competitive as always---away from home against big packs is the real worry.
Even the first half performance against the Storm lacked a consistent wall of aggression in the defence line---we are still a containment soft defence at the moment with pockets of lift the team aggression---until we continuously bend for long periods in defence and go forward teams are going to rack up big points against us often.

The in your face line speed ball and all defence Manly were known for and prided themselves on delivering at a sustained intensity over the 80mins other teams could not match is long gone.

Losing the toughness of Watmough,G.Stewart,Kite,King etc---along with other forwards in the not too distant past combined with players ageing, preserving themselves or in some instances playing to prolong their careers and you can see an overall trend that needs addressing---add a lack of depth in the right kind of size and you have a recipe for disaster.

Positives are the forwards are looking to move the ball around more to reduce the one out being dominated defence and fatigue the opposition more(in some ways very 2nd man Bulldogs passing), some nice touches and passes were on show in the first half.

Until I see a wall of unified aggression and intensity beyond the pockets of lift the team patches our up the middle defence will keep getting bent back causing the defensive line to compress and leaving the edges exposed.

S
At home Manly will remain competitive as always---away from home against big packs is the real worry.
Even the first half performance against the Storm lacked a consistent wall of aggression in the defence line---we are still a containment soft defence at the moment with pockets of lift the team aggression---until we continuously bend for long periods in defence and go forward teams are going to rack up big points against us often.

The in your face line speed ball and all defence Manly were known for and prided themselves on delivering at a sustained intensity over the 80mins other teams could not match is long gone.

Losing the toughness of Watmough,G.Stewart,Kite,King etc---along with other forwards in the not too distant past combined with players ageing, preserving themselves or in some instances playing to prolong their careers and you can see an overall trend that needs addressing---add a lack of depth in the right kind of size and you have a recipe for disaster.

Positives are the forwards are looking to move the ball around more to reduce the one out being dominated defence and fatigue the opposition more(in some ways very 2nd man Bulldogs passing), some nice touches and passes were on show in the first half.

Until I see a wall of unified aggression and intensity beyond the pockets of lift the team patches our up the middle defence will keep getting bent back causing the defensive line to compress and leaving the edges exposed.
So TC, is that Bulldogs by 20 or Manly by 2???

Hopefully DCE won't want to be shown up by another Hodkinson field goal, and plays to show who is the million dollar halfback.

I've got a bad feeling about this and feel we may lose but I'm also a terrible judge so possibly I'm confident we're in with a shot, perhaps. Don't quote me on it but remember you heard it here first.....

@RLW_Mole
Leary got a back injury when Mase ran into The Circle by jumping on his back . :(
2v has the hat trick of bad news now, so lets hope his luck has turned for the better :inlove:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6