GAME DAY - Manly v Cowboys [Round 19, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man

REFEREE: Gerard Sutton
VIDEO REFEREES: Shayne Hayne,Ben Galea
ASSIST REFEREE: Alan Shortall
TOUCH JUDGES: David Ryan,Kasey Badger

STANDBY: Chris James JERSEY COLOUR: Lime

SEA EAGLES V COWBOYS - MON 20 JULY, 7.00PM, BROOKVALE OVAL

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Tom Trbojevic
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Jake Trbojevic
9 Matt Ballin
10 Willie Mason
11 Feleti Mateo
12 Tom Symonds
13 Dunamis Lui ?????

Interchange
14 Luke Burgess
15 Josh Starling
16 Justin Horo
17 Ligi Sao
19 Jayden Hodges

Coach: Geoff Toovey
Cowboys
1 Lachlan Coote
2 Matthew Wright
3 Justin O'Neill
4 Kane Linnett
5 Antonio Winterstein
6 Michael Morgan
7 Johnathan Thurston
8 Matt Scott
9 Jake Granville
10 Ben Hannant
11 Gavin Cooper
12 Ethan Lowe
13 Jason Taumalolo

Interchange
14 Rory Kostjasyn
15 John Asiata
16 Scott Bolton
17 Sam Hoare
19 Patrick Kaufusi

Coach: Paul Green

Rd 19 Match Day Information

1436853037972.jpg

Here is your Match Day Information guide for the Round 19 NRL clash against North Queensland Cowboys at Brookvale Oval on Monday, July 20.

Times

Gates open: 5.45pm

NRL Kick-off: 7pm

NYC:
Saturday, July 18, 12pm Brookvale Oval: Manly v Cowboys

NSW Cup:
Bye

Match Day Sponsor

Coco Joy

Ticket offer

Make sure you take advantage of the ‘Generation Pack’ ticketing offer running until and including Game day as part of ‘Men of League Heritage Round’. It’s $25 for an Adult and Junior ticket (additional ticket fees may apply).

Buy tickets here..http://bit.ly/1MqDJ4W

Special give-away

There will be a giveaway to some lucky fans at the end of the game. Manly Warringah half-back Daly Cherry-Evans will be giving away his boots while Johnathan Thurston will be giving away his kicking tee and headgear.

Suttons Sea Eagles Kick for a Car

This is still open to Manly Warringah Members who attended the last home game against Cronulla Sharks at Brookvale Oval.

Details here..http://bit.ly/1Kmn83h

Parking

Paid parking is available at Brookvale Public School, Old Pittwater Road, Brookvale; at Manly Leagues Club, and in nearby streets.

Public transport

To plan your trip to Brookvale Oval, visit the Transport of NSW website here:

upload_2015-7-14_13-31-43-png.2012

Go Manly! - 10th spot is looking good :clap:

Last edited:
I get the feeling 2V will name a squad of 19 or 20, adding BJ, Hiku and possibly Leary. It's the best position, player wise, we've been in all year.

Now Tooves is starting to get the kind of headaches coaches like. Who to leave out rather than who to bring in to cover injuries.

If only we didn't have so many injuries in the first half of the season. And if only we didn't have to go through the DCE and Foran contract BS. Imagine where we would be on the ladder right now if we had a full compliment for most of this year......I'll be honest and say I don't think we have a premiership winning forward pack, but I think we'd easily be in the top 8 right now.

Strange but have commented about our forward pack that went down narrowly to the Bullpuppies by a point last year.
Watmough, Stewart, Ballin and Buhrer were out.
Forwards were: King, Harrison, Lawrence, Symonds,Horo, Lui.
Bench: Hodges, Sene-Lefao, Hasson, Starling.
OK......don't tell me we can't field a better pack of forwards this year on paper.
However games are played on the field not on paper.
Still amazes me how well they played. In fact if that mouth Reynolds was not ten metres off side we may have won the game.
Comments?

It is great to see Manly nearly at full strength after the season we have had, we are a good chance against the cowpokes, If we can handle their forwards we can cause them headaches, Thurston of course has to be watched

NORTH Queensland Cowboys player and New South Wales State of Origin prop James Tamou will take the early guilty plea on the Grade 2 careless high tackle charge against Queensland's Jacob Lillyman.

The tackle occurred in the 54th minute of Wednesday night's third State of Origin match at Suncorp Stadium.

Tamou will subsequently miss the Cowboys' Round 19 match against the Manly Sea Eagles on Monday, July 20.@:)

This should be a belter of a game. Hopefully Manly can maintain their winning ways.

The key for Manly will be how well they can contain the Cowboys forwards particularly up the middle. In many sets last night the Titans made 50+ metres easily and I fear that if Manly do not stop this roll on then it will be a tough night. The Cowboys will also likely be much more disciplined with the ball with Thurston leading the around.

Here is the latest news on the NRL injury list heading into Round 19.

Peta Hiku (knee) Rd 20

Cheyse Blair (knee) Rd 20

Blake Leary (back) Rd 20

Dunamis Lui (knee) indefinite

Jamie Buhrer (knee) season

Clinton Gutherson (knee) season

Peta Hiku (knee) Rd 20

Blake Leary (back) Rd 20

Looks like Tooves can breath a sigh of relief as he doesn't have any selection headaches this week.

Peta Hiku (knee) Rd 20

Blake Leary (back) Rd 20

Gee. Seems like Blair's injury has travelled from his back to his knee!
A relative saw Jamie Buhrer walking around a few weeks ago and said he was moving freely. Perhaps, should we continue winning matches, he may rejoin the squad towards the end of the season.

We win this one, there are going to be some teams around the league ****ting themselves. Don't want to get excited though - MASSIVE ask.

Call me crazy but I'm supremely confident we're going to get a real good win on Monday night. Our back line, imo, is far superior to theirs and with tamou out our forwards don't size up too poorly either, although Scott and Taumalolo are still much better.
Penrith play in Melbourne, the eels take on the dogs and the raiders are playing an in form sharks outfit, so it's very likely that come Monday night we could be playing for equal 10th.

Definitely think we can win this, especially at Brookie. Whether we do or not is another story though… Be good for the team to go into the game with a point to prove and a bit of confidence.

Gee. Seems like Blair's injury has travelled from his back to his knee!
A relative saw Jamie Buhrer walking around a few weeks ago and said he was moving freely. Perhaps, should we continue winning matches, he may rejoin the squad towards the end of the season.
Ferris was asked about this likelihood and he said 0%. The issue is the sideways strain on the ACL, not the straight line walking @:cool:
He may also feel that he came back too early from his rd 25 ACL injury in 2014 :(

Ferris was asked about this likelihood and he said 0%. The issue is the sideways strain on the ACL, not the straight line walking @:cool:
He may also feel that he came back too early from his rd 25 ACL injury in 2014 :(
Yep better to take it slowly & make sure he's tip top for 2016. I've had an ACL reco, the recovery was a slow & painful one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6