GAME DAY - Finals Week 1, 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It seems like most silvertails posters find a new team to hate each season - dogs then souffs and now roosters. Im interested to see who will be next years silvertails villains. Do they need to be a contender or will it be the eels?

No real mystery about that, BB. Things happen from year to year to aggravate or soften a rivalry. Any team that has beaten us in a grand final will always be a bitter rival, but far more bitter when the wound is fresh and the danger of further defeats is high. It was a while ago that the Dogs beat us in a GF but that older wound was recently re-opened by other circumstances well-known to ST members…

In addition, some people still hate any club that was aligned to Super League. Personally, I love to see the mega rich clubs lose – Chooks, Broncos, Storm, Dogs (and Souths probably in that group now too).

No real mystery about that, BB. Things happen from year to year to aggravate or soften a rivalry.

Yep I know what you mean.

Obviously totally hypothetical and not actually possible (I really hope I'm right), but if next year's GF was Melbourne v Parra with Foz, Choc and BA my heart may lean towards the purple cheats, but that would only be possible in such extreme scenarios. I couldn't even hope they would beat the dogs in 2012!

It's funny how I can't watch a match without wanting one team to win.* Even when it's impossible to choose, somehow I do anyway.

For example - Eels next year, yes I'd prefer anyone but them.

*edit … correction - frequently it is more that I want one team to lose, and the fact that means the other team would win is incidental!!

Last edited:
Look I'm totally unbiased.....as long as it doesnt involve The Roosters, the Bulldogs, The Eels, The Bronkos, The Sharks, The..............

The best thing about last night, other than the Rorters losing, was the (almost) silence from Fittler and Finch towards the end. The Nein commentary box cheer squad went quiet when the Drizzle hit the front.

I find the Nein commentary team hard to fathom. Fittler and Finch are allowed to be a Rorters cheer squad, Lewis and Lockyer the same for the Donkeys. Sterling is professional enough not to continually support the Speels in his commentary (not that they play finals much), yet Phil Gould is not allowed to commentate on Penrith games because its felt he'd be too biased (and if you dispute this, Gus actually mentioned it in one of his SMH articles about a month ago).

The storm's remorseless cheating (players signed 2 contracts but did nothing wrong and they still claim their stripped titles) cost us big time on the field as well as all the damage they have done to the game (and many players) with their despicable tackling techitechniques. I will hate them with a passion while ever Smith, Slater and Bellamy are still there (including if Smith takes over as coach).

It seems like most silvertails posters find a new team to hate each season - dogs then souffs and now roosters. Im interested to see who will be next years silvertails villains. Do they need to be a contender or will it be the eels?

Oh well. Each to their own. If other teams fans had our ability (well not mine) to let things go we wouldn't have so many arch rivals I guess.

Storm were always our main arch rivals in the millenium era. And I was happy with that. We were two powerhouse teams dominating the comp; although they were the cheats and we weren't...and it was great!

Sorry to say, but in 2012 we were weakened (no disrespect to Tooves), and that Slimy defection was the reason Storm became premiers again. That is why the hate may never die for that particular someone.

a) weakened us in 2012

b) strengthened dogs against us - became the wedge between us and storm.

c) the cheats became dominant again as a result of this.

Regarding Souths, it was the major lovefest that was making us hate them more. Once the favoritism died down, it's not as bad.

With roosters, it was the 2013 Gf, and what they got away with to win. I guess that's something we can get over, as its not the 1st time in a gf that 50/50 calls went against us.

As for richer clubs, doesn't bother me as much. As long our club is financially healthy, and runs stronger on heart and desire, i'd take that over the extra finance any day!:h:

Last edited:
Sitting here at ANZ
Man Penrith are playing dirty
We have bombed a few chances but we have the breeze in favour of us second half!!
So good to see good number of manly fans out here. Sitting near the majority of them.
We can do this:):)

Liam Knight's a stand out. Most of the others have been found wanting. They've tried hard, but these Panthers guys are just too big really. No wonder Penrith are so good in the juniors and so ordinary in first grade, they pick blokes who dominate due to their size, which doesn't translate to first grade.

Tommy is obviously on one leg, and will struggle to back up next week.:(

Liam Knight is the next one to step into NRL level. Played his heart out

Little Nyco has a Cirque de Soliel career waiting - great juggling try:clap:

Penriff are just too big for NYC @:cool:

Manly 24 - 44

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8