1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallop ready to whack brawling clubs

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    MANLY and Melbourne are likely to be hit with massive fines - perhaps as much as $100,000 each - for the wild sideline brawl between their players on Friday night.

Read the full article

2. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    "Former dual international Wendell Sailor said the sight of four Manly players bearing in on Blair as he and Stewart traded blows reflected the gang-mentality society had adopted."

Don't you love the has-beens throwing in their two-cents worth.

Unfortunately, the sight of twenty players plus men in pink, following the Manly four don't rate a mention!
    Why are the Manly 4 there? They were closest!

3. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,723 / 257
    The more I sit and listen to the media today the more I am starting to believe, comments made after the game (and since) that Friday night could be about it for season 2011.

I fear Gallop is going to make a big example of Manly, and to a lesser extent the Storm......where I thought the suspensions might be a week I can see 6-8 week suspensions coming....and if we were to lose say 4 or 5 key players until 2012 we'd effectivly suffer the same result as 2010.

The bloody media, they control everything!!

4. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    What I'm expecting:

Lussick - 2-3 weeks
    Blair - 6-7 weeks (the reason of the worst punishment to Blair : worst track record of the lot)
    G.Stewart - 5-6 weeks
    B.Stewart - 2 weeks
    Manly Club - $75000
    Melbourne Club - $75000
    Other - 1 week

5. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Robbo and Foran will get a few weeks also from what ive read.

6. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    If Foran and Robbo get more then a week, then we will be deadset putting out a park footy team, the NRL cant be serious about, the finals would just turn into a farce.

7. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    If Foran and Robbo get a week then Thaiday shouldn't be allowed on the park until 2023

8. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Yeah Glenn and the 4 manly players that rushed in will all get time on the sideline, the Melbourne players that ran over did not throw any punches so they will be alright, im sure at Lussick threw punches but i don't think Robbo, Foran and Snake actually threw any.

9. zzz

zzz Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Stupid articles like this is always how these events get sensationalised and blown out of proportion. Some nobody reporter said they should be fined $100k yesterday, and today another reporter is reporting on their speculation. It will be no surprise if the NRL just follows whatever the media demands.

10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,100 / 287
    Go have another line of coke Wendell. EDIT: Is that how you spell coke, as in cocain?

11. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    So if this happens then every player who came into the first and second melees should be suspended and also the precident will be set for every player who comes into a melee should be suspended as well. Is the act of running towards a melee more serious than actually being involved in one even though your action is to break it up. What a ****ing farce this whole thing is turning into.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,100 / 287
    Have to ask...and I'd like peoples view here...

1. If Darcy Lussick wasn't knowingly elbowed in the head by Hinchcliffe, would Darcy have reacted like he did?
    2. If Adam Blair hadn't thrown an uppercut to Darcy's head, when The Melbourne players were holding him, would Glenn Stewart have reacted the way he did?
    3. Would there be an altercation at ALL if/when Adam Blair had not proactively approached Glenn Stewart?

I have posed these questions to David Gallop, and his team. I have also asked to not receive the, "All actions are currently under investigation rubbish".

I'll keep you guys informed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    Hinchcliffe started it ,Blair inflammed it there is your guilty parties it is there on the video for all to see.
    NRL Logic would dictate that the NRL should suspend about 4 or 5 Manly players.

14. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Blair-5 weeks at least
    glenn-5 weeks at least-dickhead no brains
    brett- 3 weeks
    hinchcliffe-3 weeks
    lussick- 3 weeks
    robbo-1 week
    foran-1 week
    sisi waqa-1 week.
    i think this will be very close......

15. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    can't tell if trolling or just really stupid

16. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +828 / 10
    Oh, lookee lookee here.

On the NRL's own web site we see Mr Bennett has stuck his beak into the story.

Calls on NRL to not be lenient.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-must-stand-firm-on-fighters-bennett/tabid/10874/newsid/64477/default.aspx

17. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    bet he would have a different opinion if it was SOO the wanker....

18. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Good we have the old fossil worried then

19. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Sailor wants these players suspended to help the dragons, we all know he's a dragon supporter and that they'd face either the storm or manly in the finals.

20. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    Exactly, its all to help the dragons.

They have a right to put their nose in for what they think its worth, but it better not wash with the NRL.[hr]
    You are kidding me right?.......

This how common sense will prevail:

Blair 3-6 weeks
    Glenn 3-6 weeks
    Lussick 1 week
    Hinchcliffe 1 week

No-one else.

NYEagle