Gallop ready to whack brawling clubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MANLY and Melbourne are likely to be hit with massive fines - perhaps as much as $100,000 each - for the wild sideline brawl between their players on Friday night.

Read the full article

"Former dual international Wendell Sailor said the sight of four Manly players bearing in on Blair as he and Stewart traded blows reflected the gang-mentality society had adopted."

Don't you love the has-beens throwing in their two-cents worth.

Unfortunately, the sight of twenty players plus men in pink, following the Manly four don't rate a mention!
Why are the Manly 4 there? They were closest!

The more I sit and listen to the media today the more I am starting to believe, comments made after the game (and since) that Friday night could be about it for season 2011.

I fear Gallop is going to make a big example of Manly, and to a lesser extent the Storm......where I thought the suspensions might be a week I can see 6-8 week suspensions coming....and if we were to lose say 4 or 5 key players until 2012 we'd effectivly suffer the same result as 2010.

The bloody media, they control everything!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
The more I sit and listen to the media today the more I am starting to believe, comments made after the game (and since) that Friday night could be about it for season 2011.

I fear Gallop is going to make a big example of Manly, and to a lesser extent the Storm......where I thought the suspensions might be a week I can see 6-8 week suspensions coming....and if we were to lose say 4 or 5 key players until 2012 we'd effectivly suffer the same result as 2010.

What I'm expecting:

Lussick - 2-3 weeks
Blair - 6-7 weeks (the reason of the worst punishment to Blair : worst track record of the lot)
G.Stewart - 5-6 weeks
B.Stewart - 2 weeks
Manly Club - $75000
Melbourne Club - $75000
Other - 1 week

eagles2win said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

What I'm expecting:

Lussick - 2-3 weeks
Blair - 6-7 weeks (the reason of the worst punishment to Blair : worst track record of the lot)
G.Stewart - 5-6 weeks
B.Stewart - 2 weeks
Manly Club - $75000
Melbourne Club - $75000
Other - 1 week

Robbo and Foran will get a few weeks also from what ive read.

If Foran and Robbo get more then a week, then we will be deadset putting out a park footy team, the NRL cant be serious about, the finals would just turn into a farce.

Ceagle said:
If Foran and Robbo get more then a week, then we will be deadset putting out a park footy team, the NRL cant be serious about, the finals would just turn into a farce.

Yeah Glenn and the 4 manly players that rushed in will all get time on the sideline, the Melbourne players that ran over did not throw any punches so they will be alright, im sure at Lussick threw punches but i don't think Robbo, Foran and Snake actually threw any.

Stupid articles like this is always how these events get sensationalised and blown out of proportion. Some nobody reporter said they should be fined $100k yesterday, and today another reporter is reporting on their speculation. It will be no surprise if the NRL just follows whatever the media demands.

Ceagle said:

So if this happens then every player who came into the first and second melees should be suspended and also the precident will be set for every player who comes into a melee should be suspended as well. Is the act of running towards a melee more serious than actually being involved in one even though your action is to break it up. What a ****ing farce this whole thing is turning into.

Have to ask...and I'd like peoples view here...

1. If Darcy Lussick wasn't knowingly elbowed in the head by Hinchcliffe, would Darcy have reacted like he did?
2. If Adam Blair hadn't thrown an uppercut to Darcy's head, when The Melbourne players were holding him, would Glenn Stewart have reacted the way he did?
3. Would there be an altercation at ALL if/when Adam Blair had not proactively approached Glenn Stewart?

I have posed these questions to David Gallop, and his team. I have also asked to not receive the, "All actions are currently under investigation rubbish".

I'll keep you guys informed.

Hinchcliffe started it ,Blair inflammed it there is your guilty parties it is there on the video for all to see.
NRL Logic would dictate that the NRL should suspend about 4 or 5 Manly players.

mickqld said:
Hinchcliffe started it ,Blair inflammed it there is your guilty parties it is there on the video for all to see.

Blair-5 weeks at least
glenn-5 weeks at least-dickhead no brains
brett- 3 weeks
hinchcliffe-3 weeks
lussick- 3 weeks
robbo-1 week
foran-1 week
sisi waqa-1 week.
i think this will be very close......

mr seagles said:
mickqld said:

Blair-5 weeks at least
brett- 3 weeks
hinchcliffe-3 weeks
lussick- 3 weeks
robbo-1 week
foran-1 week
sisi waqa-1 week.

can't tell if trolling or just really stupid

Oh, lookee lookee here.

On the NRL's own web site we see Mr Bennett has stuck his beak into the story.

Calls on NRL to not be lenient.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-must-stand-firm-on-fighters-bennett/tabid/10874/newsid/64477/default.aspx

Brissie Kid said:
Oh, lookee lookee here.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-must-stand-firm-on-fighters-bennett/tabid/10874/newsid/64477/default.aspx
bet he would have a different opinion if it was SOO the wanker....

Brissie Kid said:
Oh, lookee lookee here.

Good we have the old fossil worried then

Sailor wants these players suspended to help the dragons, we all know he's a dragon supporter and that they'd face either the storm or manly in the finals.

swoop said:
Sailor wants these players suspended to help the dragons, we all know he's a dragon supporter and that they'd face either the storm or manly in the finals.

Exactly, its all to help the dragons.

They have a right to put their nose in for what they think its worth, but it better not wash with the NRL.

The Eagle said:
mr seagles said:
mickqld said:

Blair-5 weeks at least
brett- 3 weeks
hinchcliffe-3 weeks
lussick- 3 weeks
robbo-1 week
foran-1 week
sisi waqa-1 week.

can't tell if trolling or just really stupid

You are kidding me right?.......

This how common sense will prevail: