Gallen punches Myles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Umm they clearly said something slong the lines of "do you want to go" either way I dont give a **** I love a biff in a game of footy

Agree with Kiwi. Don't get all the people calling him a dog and cheap shot. Toe to toe nate pushes Gallen throws.
Dog act is what tate did last year. Punch a defenceless guy what tackled on the ground being held down

wombatgc said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
If somebody smashes my old lady with a Matai special I wouldn't be cheering it

There are a cpl days each month were I would be cheering on a Matai special on my beloved.:)

Lol her comment on the Facebook page when we were hacked was sensational

Chip and Chase said:
It is easier if you just say a cheap shot is what a Queenslander throws. A New South Welshman might get in first but it's face to face at least.

I expect the Maroons will go back to their heroic get square technique of putting up a bomb and the whole side running through to smash whoever happens to be underneath it. So brave.

They had Gidley to kick to then, the current back 3 are bigger so they might not entertain that thought

COMMANDER said:
Can't wait for Gallen to land in QLD. It's going to be like the Monorail episode of the Simpsons where Lyle Lanley has a stopover in North Haverbrook.

"There he is! Seat 3F!"

Then there will be a mob run on with pitch forks.

No probs and they wonder why people see Queeeens-landers as some strange breed of death-screaming lunatics pounding on a bus as it goes through. I'll be the one wearing my Blues' jersey in the Caxton and some chainmail underneath :)

Geez, you listen to all the qlders whinge when they lose a fight! No wonder we had to hand them 7 series in a row!

I'd like to see Brent Tate and Paul Gallen line up in a chin battle to the death. Steve Price probably has posters of their chins on his bedroom wall.
If Gal prevailed in his chin battle, he could move up a division and take on Dave Taylor in a nose fight.

panash said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
It was face to face, so I don't call it a cheap shot. It would have been fairly obvious to Myles there was a chance of that happening and he probably wishes he had have gotten in 1st now

The someone close to home thing isn't a great point, it happened on the rugby league field.
If somebody smashes my old lady with a Matai special I wouldn't be cheering it but I cheer it on the league field when he does it

mate , your missing the point
if thats not a cheap shot then what is ???

if you think myles was ready for that , then you better get to OPSM and get your eyes checked

A cheap shot is when you hit someone who has no idea it is coming, or kick someone while they are down.

Gallen's was not a cheap shot- Myles had to have an idea something was going to happen and just didn't react well enough.

The only part of the incident I don't like was the fact that Gallen was able to walk from the field unassisted- QLD's forwards should have hammered the bejeezuz out of him everytime he touched the ball in the secondhalf- they let him off easy.

Bring on game two.

PS- if the media etc think it was so bad- STOP SHOWING IT EVERY 5 MINUTES!

Wtf are we debating. It all boils down to
1- did you like seeing a gppd punch up
2- do you honestly think the women and children care or matter that much

In that same game:
1. Miles attacked Hayne's head with his own. IMO he does this way too often for it to be accidental. Recklessly dangerous at best. No penalty
2. Miles dumped Gallen on his head. It was essentially no different to Fa'aoso's second tackle on Inglis that resulted in a penalty plus significant time on the sidelines. Recklessly dangerous at best. No penalty
3. Miles (apparently intentionally) twisted Gallen's knee in a tackle by twisting his foot with the full weight of his body whilst Gallen was pinned by another tackler. Recklessly dangerous at best. No penalty

Miles came into the game with a well-known reputation for serially doing exactly these types of things.

If the referees and judiciary are able to penalise and suspend Gallen, then what about Miles? Or is he an untouchable? If the officials do not want players taking matters into their own hands, perhaps they need to take a good hard look at themselves.

mozgrame said:
I'd like to see Brent Tate and Paul Gallen line up in a chin battle to the death. Steve Price probably has posters of their chins on his bedroom wall.
If Gal prevailed in his chin battle, he could move up a division and take on Dave Taylor in a nose fight.

The winner of the Tate v Gallen chin battle would take on the reigning world champion Mark F.U.B. Gasnier.

Rex said:
In that same game:
1. Miles attacked Hayne's head with his own. IMO he does this way too often for it to be accidental. Recklessly dangerous at best. No penalty
2. Miles dumped Gallen on his head. It was essentially no different to Fa'aoso's second tackle on Inglis that resulted in a penalty plus significant time on the sidelines. Recklessly dangerous at best. No penalty
3. Miles (apparently intentionally) twisted Gallen's knee in a tackle by twisting his foot with the full weight of his body whilst Gallen was pinned by another tackler. Recklessly dangerous at best. No penalty
So why didn't captain courageous come in swinging after 1) 2) or 3) above?

Instead he makes his own cheap shot, the swinging arm to the head while Miles is held by 2 others. That effort makes him equally as poor as Miles.

Don't know what all the fuss is about. Gallen was a grub that turned darling that reverted to grub.

What goes around comes around.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Rex said:
In that same game:

Instead he makes his own cheap shot, the swinging arm to the head while Miles is held by 2 others. That effort makes him equally as poor as Miles.

Didn't realize Gene Miles was still running around

Oh yeah, 'Myles' lol.
I am not down on Gal, I am just bemused by all the adulation and hero worship he has received for his leadership over this incident.
I reckon Commander has pretty much nailed it in post #73 above ...

Chip and Chase said:
mozgrame said:

The winner of the Tate v Gallen chin battle would take on the reigning world champion Mark F.U.B. Gasnier.

Don't leave Willie Mason out of the battle of the chins.

I'm perplexed by these QLDers bitching and moaning about a "cheap shot". To truly define a cheap shot look no further than Tate belting Bird on the side of his head while Bird was pinned to the ground, it was either last year or the year before

Or maybe Hearn head butting Carroll as he gets up from being tackled.

voicefromthehill said:
I'm perplexed by these QLDers bitching and moaning about a "cheap shot". To truly define a cheap shot look no further than Tate belting Bird on the side of his head while Bird was pinned to the ground, it was either last year or the year before

Or maybe Hearn head butting Carroll as he gets up from being tackled.

Maybe it wasn't Tate, but one of his friends that belted Bird while on the ground. No wait...it was Tate. None of these girlfriend glassing, hallway shi**ing, testicle grabbing, large chin dribblers should be complaining about what happens on the field. Oh hang on, they're not. WE ARE!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Rex said:
In that same game:

Agreed. IMO Gallen's actions were the acts of a gutless coward. A swinging arm to the head while two players were holding Myles, followed by two cheap shots while Myles' arms were down is hardly courageous.

And IMO Myles' actions were even more gutless. Have zero admiration for either of them.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6