g.stewart,matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Just read that G.Stewart cant play till round 3.Given he got four weeks and missed 2 last year that means they are not counting the trials which I thought did count towards suspension - thus making him available in R1 and Matai in Rd 4.

Anyone know if the trials count like they used to?

I read that the trials count, perhaps this is poor journalism again. Where did you read the article?

on a link in the lyon injury thread referring to lyon maybe missing start of year.that part is wrong also so maybe he got the suspensions wrong too.

I got those suspensions for Matai and Gift from the media articles so I would guess they are wrong considering most NRL journalists have no idea about checking facts. If trials do count maybe we should have played 5 trial games.

mickqld link said:
I got those suspensions for Matai and Gift from the media articles so I would guess they are wrong considering most NRL journalists have no idea about checking facts. If trials do count maybe we should have played 5 trial games.

Doesnt work like that,only 2 trials are recognised by the NRL

I though they could only count 1 Trial game towards their suspensions.

Glen...Rd 2

Matai...Rd 5

But i could be wrong....wouldn't be the first time

so as I read it

rd25-Glenn cops 4
rd26-Matai cops 7,
Glenn 3 to go

semi-Glenn 2 to go,
Matai 6 to go

Trial 1- Glenn 1 to go,
Matai 5 to go

Trial 2- Glenn 0 to go,
Matai 4 to go

Rd 1- Trial 1- Glenn Free to play ?,
Matai 3 to go

Glenn will play rnd 1 after missing rnd 26, the semi and 2 trials = 4 served
Skivvy will play rnd 5 after missing the semi and 2 trials = 3 served
so at completion of the trials, Matai still has another 4 games on the sideline.

I hope Matai is never, ever again selected for NZ.

He plays an for NZ, picks up a suspension - which is served by missing Manly games.

He plays for Manly, picks up a suspension - and this is NOT served by missing NZ games. What the ...?

Plus the NZ suspension gives him a longer record which counts against him when suspensions are handed out.

Suspensions picked up in premiership games do include sitting out International games. However, since the Kiwi side had not been picked before the suspension was handed out these matches do not count.

For the slow. You must already be picked in an International squad when you are suspended for International games to count.

And Liam Fulton spears Thurston into the ground potentially putting the guy in a wheelchair and gets 1 trial game. Matai puts a cheap shot that didnt hurt on a cheap shot merchant grub Ennis and gets 7 weeks. What a ****ing farce.

Mate Fulton had the benefit of a seven year clean record. Matai is a serial offender. Hardly a farce. Maybe you could open your other eye?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6