Future of club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

reyam

Reserve Grader
Only 4 years ago the club looked like it had a rosy future now I'm not so sure. We have the least amount of (ticketed) members out of the league and considering the relatively successful period that we have been in that is a concern.We also have 2 owners who hate each other and we end up with poor decisions,like Lowe appointment. I have no problem with Lowe regarding his love for the club but he is and old coach and not up to running modern businesses. We play at the worst ground in the comp,it is embarrassing,we are promised improvement's but I never see them,take the surface you can go there in summer and the ground is soaked which doesn't lend itself to attractive football and more crowds. We are in as much trouble as the sharks but at least they own there ground. What is the club doing to build up memberships?

you took the wrong tablets this morning.

are you trying to break the record for doom and gloom threads in a 30 minute period.

Go and have a lie down and maybe a coffee, when you come back the world might be a much better place.

Failing that, crack a bottle of scotch and get ratarsed :)

Don't worry all will be sorted once Tony Abbott wins the election this year and gives us the $10m that he promised us last election.   :D

I can feel like Reyam when other things in my life are slow and I'm not kicking goals personally. Yesterdays performance is enough for one to reflect on other aspects of the club and question, what the...

I don't know what happens behind the scenes with the machinations of the club. Every fan of every club wants to go to work in the morning feeling like a winner. And those of us who wear our hearts on our sleeves want to release some angst.

The only future I'm concerned about (at this point) is wishing the boys would at least be switched on each week. I can live being beaten by a better team; I can deal with players making some mistakes; I can even deal with some new boys having a shot and taking time to show their stuff; what I find hard to deal with is when the team doesn't look mentally prepared for waging war out there in the trenches.

And maybe one day - in regards to the future - us supporters may have to decide are we fighting for a team called Manly or fighting for a ground called Brookvale. Fighting for both may be detrimental. It may not, but then again...

Brookie is crap these days and not up to standard as a top-flight ground. If the NRL brings in criteria for membership we would be in trouble. There is no way Abbott or anyone else will do anything about the ground and even a soccer World Cup won't do the trick.

Typical rayam though - full of stirring with no solutions. It is if he has put it there to bring out the whingers - and get a bit from such as me. He is successful I suppose in that one!!!

I walked away drier yesterday than against the dogs at homebush - the premier stadium of Sydney

The Gronk link said:
we wouldn't be human without wanting to get a bit from you CW ;)

I bet you would get all toey if he was in his Kevin 07 shirt Gronk, he probably would not be in it too long.

Garts link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=183526.msg265734#msg265734 date=1275890750]
we wouldn't be human without wanting to get a bit from you CW ;)

I bet you would get all toey if he was in his Kevin 07 shirt Gronk, he probably would not be in it too long.
[/quote]

Nah I've gone off Kevin a bit lately and am waiting for Julia to make her move. 

If CW had a Gough Whitlam "Its Time" shirt on though I would be more toey than a roman sandal. 

Nor mine.....but hey....at least I get a mention in every thread I read the term "doom & gloom".

Thanks Douggie.

I'm here all week - try the veal :)

“We have the least amount of (ticketed) members out of the league and considering the relatively successful period that we have been in that is a concern.”

Are you a member Yeram? - How many of your friends have you influenced to take up membership (especially with the “member get member initiative?)

If you are not a member then why not? – let us know so we can suggest measures to make membership more attractive?

Aaron Markie did a fantastic job in taking over the reigns from Alan Webster at very short notice and it’s fair to say he had to learn on the job.

He did a great job in working with the member base to create the new “user pays” model that made things more attractive to many (especially those from out of town) and grew the membership significantly.

The recent recruitment of Sarah Brady from the Brisbane Lions (who have a membership base of around 25,000 from what I believe) will bring great IP from the AFL who are of course way ahead of the NRL code in creating the culture of membership and there are all manner of new initiatives that are in the pipeline for the 2011 package so stay tuned?

(Sarah can be contacted at the club and I'm sure she will be happy if you wish to volunteer ideas or suggestions to help grow membership?)

The club is working closely with the NRL and other clubs to actively promote membership and its benefits and the sharing of ideas and various initiatives.

That said….If people “can’t be bothered” then it is a difficult hurdle to cross no matter what clubs say or do?

“We play at the worst ground in the comp,it is embarrassing,we are promised improvement's but I never see them, take the surface you can go there in summer and the ground is soaked which doesn't lend itself to attractive football and more crowds.”

Are you not aware of the latest round of improvements….?

Brookvale Oval has had a $2 million upgrade, which includes improvements to corporate facilities, seating in the Jane Try and Ken Arthurson Stands and both dressing rooms

Or the current public council consultation by Warringah Council?

Here to help you with your quest for knowledge

http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/home/documents/brkoval_faq_finalweb.pdf

http://yoursaywarringah.com.au/brookvaleimagine?module=forum

You may well spot any numbers of supporters on the forums above (Including many from this site) getting off their hands and supporting the efforts of the club and its various administrators (not least the likes of Kerry Sibraa and Philip Dean who have given up huge chunks of their spare time to do whatever they can to push for the improvements)

The opportunity to get involved, get a better understanding of the issues and make comments or suggestions  by supporters and the wider community has been well publicized in the media and on a number of forums (including this one) – Did you get involved to have your say?

If you are a local did you attend the “Brekkie at Brookie” event that was held to allow all interested parties to get involved and make submissions or suggestions.

Even missing some key players and some silly losses the team has managed to stay in contention for a top 4 spot - Cronulla we are not!

Lighten up Yeram and take time to see the positives (or is it just easier to have a whinge?)

reyam link said:
take the surface you can go there in summer and the ground is soaked which doesn't lend itself to attractive football and more crowds.

Rugby League isnt played in summer.

Im pleased I could be of help to you.

Saying that we play at the worst ground in the comp makes you sound like you've never been to an away game mate.

Spend a miserable couple of hours locked in a plastic seat where you can't see the big screen & tell me Brookie is worse than Parra.

Name me a ground in the comp with a higher capacity where you can pay GA for a spot on the halfway line.

I'll say it again. We play at the best ground in the comp for footy fans. Maybe we need more corporate facilities & maybe the beer selection could be a bit colder & more varied but for the average footy fan, which the vast majority of people at the game are, it is by far the best ground. Fixing the drainage may help stop away teams moaning though.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6