Future cleary?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Who is our future Cleary in this line-up? I mean the solid first grader who can go on to be a top coach.

I remember thinking it was a mistake letting him go. Sure ridge was a great player, but he screwed us in the end.

Ivan went on to play for a few clubs and was a strong player. He would have improved our early 2000s sides, and now we would have a tough and creative coach.

Glenn Stewart may have been the type to progress in this way? Ballin has good potential. I hope the club is aware of this.

I thought Cleary was an ok player but not great, I don't think he was really that much better than Reeves. Seeing the likes of Ridge it was hard to see the ones that followed.

I think the players that are going to stay on and be huge are the guys like Bhurer.

He's certainly not an average first grader, but I have always thought Foz will be a top coach one day. He has the mongrel and the brains for it.

I think someone like Brent Kite could be a coach.

Didnt he used to run our video sessions when he was with us?

• 📚
Reactions: R3

I'd like to see Matty B become the next strength and conditioning coach. Already qualified and has learnt from the best, the great Donny Singe!

I'd like to see Matty B become the next strength and conditioning coach. Already qualified and has learnt from the best, the great Donny Singe!
Love matty b but there is a huge difference between an s & c coach and a personal trainer. He's not qualified to run a footy departments s & c. most of them have spent 5 + years at uni. Theres a lot more than just telling some blokes to exercise.

Love matty b but there is a huge difference between an s & c coach and a personal trainer. He's not qualified to run a footy departments s & c. most of them have spent 5 + years at uni. Theres a lot more than just telling some blokes to exercise.
Maybe when he hangs up the boots, he could do his apprenticeship under Donny while the club puts him through the required courses. My point being it would be great to keep him around the club, and this is a field where he already has an interest.

I think strength and conditioning is covered - we need the next crop of actual coaches identified - football smarts and communication skills

Who is our future Cleary in this line-up? I mean the solid first grader who can go on to be a top coach.

I remember thinking it was a mistake letting him go. Sure ridge was a great player, but he screwed us in the end.

Ivan went on to play for a few clubs and was a strong player. He would have improved our early 2000s sides, and now we would have a tough and creative coach.

Glenn Stewart may have been the type to progress in this way? Ballin has good potential. I hope the club is aware of this.
Bump.

I beat you by a year @Woodsie !

Bump.

I beat you by a year @Woodsie !

Yeah ... you had the thought, a bit wishy washy about it, not overly enthusiastic ..... but I concede that you were on the right track ..... well done but it doesn't surprise me, there are many clever people on the forum ...

Yeah ... you had the thought, a bit wishy washy about it, not overly enthusiastic ..... but I concede that you were on the right track ..... well done but it doesn't surprise me, there are many clever people on the forum ...
If we end up with a ballin/cleary/gift trifecta then I would expect a “winner” emoticon. Deal?

I would love to see Jamie Lyon have a crack. But he seemed to leave quietly after an amazing career and may not be interested to be involved in Rugby League for the forseeable future. It's a shame really, he bleed for us, and was an amazing tallent in both attack, and defense. He wasn't bad with the boot either. A good organiser, a great leader and team man... It's a bugger he is not around us anymore, same goes with Snake.

I would love to see Jamie Lyon have a crack. But he seemed to leave quietly after an amazing career and may not be interested to be involved in Rugby League for the forseeable future. It's a shame really, he bleed for us, and was an amazing tallent in both attack, and defense. He wasn't bad with the boot either. A good organiser, a great leader and team man... It's a bugger he is not around us anymore, same goes with Snake.
Great player.

Killer basically hung up the boots and walked away from the Sydney life which he was open with. He wanted to get back to a quieter life.

Had Gift, Skivvy, Snake and Killer hung around the club, it would prob be a better place. But can't blame them for moving on.

Here will do:

Penrith will secure Nathan Cleary's services at the club until at least the end of 2023, with the halfback agreeing to remain at the Panthers beyond the end of his current deal.

Cleary, who had been waiting until the end of the season to commit his future to Penrith, is expected to sit down with the club in the next 48 hours to sign a multi-year deal.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/18/nathan-cleary-agrees-to-long-term-penrith-panthers-contract/

Goodness it's so annoying that headlines have to be "Cleary signs" only to read the garb in which is says "Is set to sign within 48 hours"

fmd the media totes suxxorzzz

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4