1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny how a super win can leave you feeling empty

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by captainskin, Aug 26, 2011.

1. captainskin

captainskin Active Member

+79 / 0
    Loved the ferociousness of the win, however, I'm feeling empty and melancholic after it; the send offs and the possible suspensions; the retaliators and the possible suspensions; the injuries and the weakening of the team; even the sloppy play at times didn't make for a super spectacle... but all in all, the boys shoved it right up the oppositions tail pipe and gave them nothing. I applaud the intent and brutality of this team. Whoever is left on the park next week they will show they are still premiership contenders.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

+936 / 77
    I reckon the suspense we'll be killing all off us over the weekend that's for sure.
  3. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

+971 / 7
    You are looking at it all wrong. This win should see us sew up second spot and two bites in the finals (it would have to be a massive turn-around in F&A for this not to happen). It was a game where I had my doubts about our ability but despite a huge disadvantage through injuries we won easily. We probably lost more through Glenn being sent off than them losing Blair but we held the game and deserved a bigger margin. We have terrific depth almost no matter what the outcomes and dumb decisions and citings by the panel. I haven't felt this confident this close to the finals in a long time (and I can be pretty pessimistic some times).
  4. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

+258 / 4

Before i read any other comments.

Great post.