Fullback?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd put Walker there.
Api at 5/8.
Walkers defence is average, where as Api's front on defence is brutal.
Agree Parcel/Brown make a great combo (yes it is I that slammed Brown and his signing, the last position I expected him to shine was hooker.And he has.So I hope he gets the gig with Parcel).

I was wondering when we signed Wright if it was more to cover a Tom T move to fullback. I get the feeling Brett is still playing with an injury, the guys too much of a winner to have such little involvement.

I was wondering when we signed Wright if it was more to cover a Tom T move to fullback. I get the feeling Brett is still playing with an injury, the guys too much of a winner to have such little involvement.
No doubt he has been playing injured all year - he hasn't been 100% right at all this season.

I think Snake was rushed back too early simply because of how badly organised our defence was in the opening two rounds.

Yes our defence has improved since then, but Snake's hammy has been holding him back in most other aspects of his game and its showing. Now he seems to have done his hammy again.

Sooner or later we are going to need to learn to play and win without him out there.

Last edited:
I just can't see them moving Walker out of the halves - Barrett is committed to seeing this through which I quite like. I could be wrong of course, time will tell.
That was my first thought, and when he played there with the Bunnies (don't think it happened very often) he didn't excel.
But interesting that some top 5/8s have spent at fullback. I've heard it said that it enhances their reading of the play. Might be worth a shot, if our first 2 choices are out.

I predict that Tom T will be good to go. He will have iced the ankle for the past 24 hours and the physio's will then work their magic. He will be heavily strapped and possibly needled up, but he will play IMO.

The team will be something like this:

1. Tom Turbo
2. Lavaka / Goodall
3. Killer
4. Matai
5. Williame
6. Walker
7. DCE
8. Lussick
9. Parcell
10. Myles
11. T-Red
12. Tapau
13. Jake Turbo
14. Brown
15. AFB
16. Lawrence
17. Vave

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see the selection dart board get a fresh run and the ridiculous decision of Brown to centre and either Killer or Matai to wing with Api to the bench.

That was my first thought, and when he played there with the Bunnies (don't think it happened very often) he didn't excel.
But interesting that some top 5/8s have spent at fullback. I've heard it said that it enhances their reading of the play. Might be worth a shot, if our first 2 choices are out.
Yes, that was the path for Milford and Lockyer; however, both 5/8th and fullback are unfamiliar positions for Walker, so I don't think we should shift him from the position he is learning to another unfamiliar position. If we were to move him from 5/8th this year, it would be best to move him to centre to get the best out of him.

I would be waiting until the half-way mark before deciding whether 5/8th is his go or not. If no improvement or genuine potential is seen in the position, then swap him with Lyon; however, I'd be giving him another 5 rounds now that DCE is back - to give the combo a chance.

Having said that, we haven't had three backs out all at once for a while, so given our limited depth in the backline Barrett may need to think out of the box.

Well I thought Brown did well at centre and also well at 9 in the Eels match ... When BLeary came on it was really bad (he's good but not at 9). He is also a serviceable second rower.

Brown is really solid and can fill in WELL at a number of positions so to me having him rotate through the 9 and second row is a no brainer.

Parcell at 9, DCE and Walker in the halves (yes continue with the experiment), Api to reserves (sorry). Fullback should be the solid (while not brilliant) Wright).

And holy F@&K do we need Mateo out there sparking something! Please? I love TRed, he really is playing well! But we need Mateo offloading, adding size and performing a second 5/8 job.

So my team would be:

TTurbo/Wright
Hex
Lyon
Matai
Lavaka
Walker
DCE
Myles
Parcell
Lawrence
Taupau
Mateo
JTurbo

Vave
Fonua-Blake
TRed
Brown

I predict that Tom T will be good to go. He will have iced the ankle for the past 24 hours and the physio's will then work their magic. He will be heavily strapped and possibly needled up, but he will play IMO.

The team will be something like this:

1. Tom Turbo
2. Lavaka / Goodall
3. Killer
4. Matai
5. Williame
6. Walker
7. DCE
8. Lussick
9. Parcell
10. Myles
11. T-Red
12. Tapau
13. Jake Turbo
14. Brown
15. AFB
16. Lawrence
17. Vave

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see the selection dart board get a fresh run and the ridiculous decision of Brown to centre and either Killer or Matai to wing with Api to the bench.
In another thread Tom was seen last night in a moon boot and using crutches. Hard to imagine he would play

In that case I would play Wright against his former club at fullback. He has had some experience there at first grade so would be good to see how he fits in. Hex and the two metre tall Lavaka on the flanks would make an interesting back three

I haven't read all the threads but when is moltzon back ? He would be the logical choice wouldn't he ?" Brad moltzon is out mate for the season ". Ok cheers mate . I just answered my own question.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6