Full Team List for 2016,

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hiku was incredible for NZ as 5/8. Has the skills to make that spot his own and I think that will be his goal. I really like the look of this team:

1. B Stewart
2. J Taufua
3. S Matai
4. J Lyon
5. T Trbojevic
6. P Hiku
7. D Cherry Evans
8. J Trbojevic
9. A Korosau
10. N Myles
11. J Buhrer
12. F Mateo
13. M Taupau

14. D Lussick
15. L Brown
16. B Lawrence
17. M Parcell

Possibly Symonds onto the bench for Parcell.

Id have Liam Knight or Symonds on the bench for Lawrence, Parcell will be in the 17 barret said.

Rubbish concerning Tom Wright. Be told......he played in the Australian C'Ships at Riverview and the Queenslander was superior particularly in defence more so in the final where he let two tries in with weak tackles. He was picked in Aust A which is the second team.
I wish some of you blokes would comment on what you have seen and followed for a number of years not pure speculation and utube stuff.
I have commented many times about Tom as any Joeys follower will tell you.
Great natural ball runner and stepper but defence a real worry at this stage. Really hope he makes it to the top but don't fire up too early please..........

Does not sound superior in defence if he let in 2 tries

Hiku was incredible for NZ as 5/8. Has the skills to make that spot his own and I think that will be his goal. I really like the look of this team:

1. B Stewart
2. J Taufua
3. S Matai
4. J Lyon
5. T Trbojevic
6. P Hiku
7. D Cherry Evans
8. J Trbojevic
9. A Korosau
10. N Myles
11. J Buhrer
12. F Mateo
13. M Taupau

14. D Lussick
15. L Brown
16. B Lawrence
17. M Parcell

Possibly Symonds onto the bench for Parcell.

I could maybe see Brown give Mateo a run for his money for the starting spot. The second row makeup is going to be very interesting.

Rubbish concerning Tom Wright. Be told......he played in the Australian C'Ships at Riverview and the Queenslander was superior particularly in defence more so in the final where he let two tries in with weak tackles. He was picked in Aust A which is the second team.
I wish some of you blokes would comment on what you have seen and followed for a number of years not pure speculation and utube stuff.
I have commented many times about Tom as any Joeys follower will tell you.
Great natural ball runner and stepper but defence a real worry at this stage. Really hope he makes it to the top but don't fire up too early please..........

BM why the issues with others having an opinion on Tom Wright? It is a forum after all. Being a bit presumptious too assuming you are the only one who has seen him play and can have an opinion. I saw the two missed/weak tackles you are referring 2. The first was a miscommunication between the winger and himself which had both flat footed and and neither made a great attempt. The second he was beaten yes. I also saw Jayden Ngamu miss more than one tackle. I also saw Wright set up the first try for the NSW 1s winger and score the match winner from in a seemingly impossible move down a blindside of about a metre. NSW 1s won the match. Ive been reading these forums for years and remember the fuss made over Charlie Taylor (there is still some). Charlie couldn't even make the Australian A team from arguably the best NSW backline there had been. I for one don't think it was at all a reflection on his ability, nor is making the the Barbarian team a reflection on Wright. I noted he has defensive work to do as does just about every player coming in and out of 20s including Tommy T. Brookvale2015 was suggesting he is a chance for 2017. I agree. The way Barrett spoke about him on 2GB suggested 2017 is definitely a possibility.

Smithy if you read all the forum for years then you will no doubt see my comments about Tom regards his great natural ability and talent.
I have commented on others who rate him the next superstar way too early and this puts pressure on players. He needs to work hard on his defence as he will be tested more in league.
Have you seen him in just rep games or all the way through at Joeys?
I really hope he makes it to the top.

Unless further player deals happen, my feeling is the team to start will be

Stewart
Taufua
Lyon
Matai
Trbojevic
Hiku
DCE
Trbojevic
Api
Myles
Brown
Taupua
Buhrer

Parcell
Lawrence
Mateo
Lussick

Moltzen will be second choice for 5/8. Knight will get game time later in year or through injuries. Wright wont get a game unless injuries demand it because he is still too young. Great among the boys but the first grade forwards would eat him. On the wing when TT takes over as FB before consideration for 5/8. But is the best stepper I've seen at Manly since Johnny Gibbs. Seems to have all the skills, just needs to refine them. Wouldnt be surprised if Demitriou gets game time as well

What ever way you slice it we are going to have one hell of a competitive football team next year. Bring on 2016 !

I'm a bit surprised that Josh Starling isn't even being mentioned for a Bench spot. Before injury impacted he was really coming of age and I think he still has a lot to offer.

I have said that Lussick is behind Starling all along. He was bending the line big time last year after injury and meking over 100m off the bench regularly with very solid defence.

Lussick just has too many penalties and errors in his game which negate any advantage over Starling. That said with injuies Lussick will play 12-16 games (if he doesn't get suspended for too long)

Remi isn't going to be happy with your shots at Charlie Taylor. Are you Remi's enemy from school?
Haha. Not at all. I rate Charlie surprised he hasn't got a run in first grade yet. The point was that if a player doesn't make the Aust Schoolboys it isn't necessarily a reflection of their ability or future success.

Just a few things in 2016
*Lussick will surprise many & be IN the 17 from day 1
*Wright is a massive talent but wont be considered to start the season
*Knight will be part of the team by the end of 2016 & considered in the 17 from day 1
*The 5/8 position will be well covered with players pushing for it
*I HOPE Tom T is there all season as he is a rare talent who will be up with the elite in 3 years time - opposition teams are already circling & though he loves Manly - extra money & game opportunity talks.
*Parcell IS a gun & will be a fan favourite with exciting plays
*The recruitment, though battered by many have done excellent with more to come
*The forwards who have been beaten up & bent over in recent times have the mongrel & firepower to match the best
*The explosive dummy half plays off dominant forwards will open up a new attacking dimension for the backs, with DCE floating both sides of the ruck at speed causing headaches ALL day
*Buhrer has come back well from a serious injury, but have doubts on Lawrence
*Barrett seems to be drawing wraps from players across the NRL who seem to be chasing a gig at Manly, gains confidence the most important ppl have faith in him - the players.

I don't think we will have anymore key signings for 2016. Based on the current roster, I believe the week 1 team will be:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufua
3. J. Lyon (c)
4. S. Matai
5. T. Trbojevic
6. P. Hiku
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. N. Myles
9. M. Parcell
10. J. Trbojevic
11. L. Brown
12. J. Buhrer
13. M. Tapau

14. A. Koroisau
15. D. Lussick
16. J. Starling
17. F. Mateo / B. Lawrence / T. Symonds

I honestly think that Parcell will win the starting 9 over Api by week 1. I also see a very tough competition between Brown, Mateo, Lawrence and Symonds for a second row position and the last bench spot.

on paper I have api above Parcell except the issues Api has gone through in off season may seem him struggle for 12 months. Of course I have no idea and maybe he does not either until just before the season starts.

I don't think we will have anymore key signings for 2016. Based on the current roster, I believe the week 1 team will be:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufua
3. J. Lyon (c)
4. S. Matai
5. T. Trbojevic
6. P. Hiku
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. N. Myles
9. M. Parcell
10. J. Trbojevic
11. L. Brown
12. J. Buhrer
13. M. Tapau

14. A. Koroisau
15. D. Lussick
16. J. Starling
17. F. Mateo / B. Lawrence / T. Symonds

I honestly think that Parcell will win the starting 9 over Api by week 1. I also see a very tough competition between Brown, Mateo, Lawrence and Symonds for a second row position and the last bench spot.

Chuck in Liam Knight into the mix aswell for the second row battle

both can play anywear in the forwards, front row, 2nd row, lock, demetriou could also be blooded onto the wing... Hmmm;)

Who knows what Barrett will do, It could read something like this,
1. L Knight
2. N Myles
3. M. Parcell
4. J Trobojevic
5. A Demetriou
6. D. Lussick
7. L Brown
8. D.C.E
9. M Taupau
10. A. Korisau
11. T Trobojevic
12. J Lyon
13. B Stewart
14. S Matai
15. J Taufua
16. S. Penn
17. P. Peters

Jokes aside, I think we will be in for a few surprises when the first team sheet is announced.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2