Full Team List for 2016,

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi guys my first post , very nervous. Im a Qlder followed manly since birth, first jersey was a wormald signed bye mal cochrane.Any way back to parcell he is a gun , watched nearly every Ipswich jets game and this kid can play exciting cheers Johnno .

I worked briefly with Mal Cochrane at the Public Service Association a few years ago. Not only a top footballer, but a hard working good hearted gentleman, who does much for indigenous issues. I also enjoyed his footballing days and must admit I was a little awed when I met him. But he's a nice guy who makes you feel comfortable.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
He will be ready round 1 IMO, sounds like his recover is coming along nicely, he is our best signing IMO long term, he is the future 6, u don't have 13 nrl teams chasing u and the wallabies just coz u scored some tries in rugby sevens, he is a must in 2017 similar to Inglis but with the skills of Johnson.
Wallabies? Didn't make the schoolboys aussie team. And why do you keep throwing walker in there when he has never played league? If you have some info on this kid you would like to share be much appreciated.

Don't need depth if the first choice team can stay on the field. Spend the money on the players who can win you a premiership. You can turn very average very quickly trying to cover every situation.
Fair enough but our forward depth seems to be very good but with our backs, I'm not sure if players like molzten and satini are going to cut it if called upon, happy to proved wrong though!

Wallabies? Didn't make the schoolboys aussie team. And why do you keep throwing walker in there when he has never played league? If you have some info on this kid you would like to share be much appreciated.
The kid is an exciting talent and I look forward to seeing both Wright and Walker play. Wright obviously has the wraps and it isn't without possibility he could force his way into the team if not 2016 then definitely 2017. Not making schoolboys is hardly a gauge Tom Trbojevic didn't make the schoolboys league and it hasn't hurt him.

The kid is an exciting talent and I look forward to seeing both Wright and Walker play. Wright obviously has the wraps and it isn't without possibility he could force his way into the team if not 2016 then definitely 2017. Not making schoolboys is hardly a gauge Tom Trbojevic didn't make the schoolboys league and it hasn't hurt him.
Tom wright did make the schoolboys

Tom wright did make the schoolboys
He was actually named in the Australian Barbarians Schools Team which is essentially the Australia A or second team. Regardless as I said its not at all a gauge on his ability or future chances. Could rattle of a number of players like Tom Turbo that didn't make respective schoolboys teams and had early success. Likewise a number of schoolboys players never play NRL or Super 15 at all.

He was actually named in the Australian Barbarians Schools Team which is essentially the Australia A or second team. Regardless as I said its not at all a gauge on his ability or future chances. Could rattle of a number of players like Tom Turbo that didn't make respective schoolboys teams and had early success. Likewise a number of schoolboys players never play NRL or Super 15 at all.
Tom never made it due to injury otherwise would have easily made it

Been away for the last 2 weeks and a whole lot seems to have happened. With that said here is my Rd 1 team list:

1. B. Stewart
2. P. Hiku
3. J. Lyon
4. S. Matai
5. J. Taufua
6. J. Bird / M. Parcell / A. Koroisau
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. N. Miles
9. M. Parcell / A. Koroisau
10. M. Tapau
11. F. Mateo
12. J. Buhrer
13. J. Trbojevic

14. D. Lussick
15. L. Brown
16. B. Lawrence
17. T. Symonds / M. Parcell / A. Koroisau

My thoughs are that if we sign Bird he will play 5/8 moving Api and Parcell to the 9 and bench spot. If not, one of those too will play the 6 and the other 9 moving T-Red to the bench. I can see the below being cover throughout:

Fullback/wing - T. Trbojevic
Centre - T. Trbojevic, L. Brown
Halves - Tim Moltzen, A. Koroisau, M. Parcell
Hooker - A. Koroisau, M. Parcell, H. Pratt
Prop - J. Starling, A. Demetriou
Second-Row/Lock - L. Knight, B. Leary, A. Demetriou

There are not excuses for Barrett with the team he has on paper. Manly have a top 4 team on paper now with the addition of M. Tapau. Should we also sign Bird we will be a possible top 2 team. Just need to fend off the injury bug!

Last edited:
Been away for the last 2 weeks and a whole lot seems to have happened. With that said here is my Rd 1 team list:

1. B. Stewart
2. P. Hiku
3. J. Lyon
4. S. Matai
5. J. Taufua
6. J. Bird / W. Pearsall / A. Koroisau
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. N. Miles
9. W. Pearsall / A. Koroisau
10. M. Tapau
11. F. Mateo
12. J. Buhrer
13. J. Trbojevic

14. D. Lussick
15. L. Brown
16. B. Lawrence
17. T. Symonds / W. Pearsall / A. Koroisau

My thoughs are that if we sign Bird he will play 5/8 moving Api and Pearsall to the 9 and bench spot. If not, one of those too will play the 6 and the other 9 moving T-Red to the bench. I can see the below being cover throughout:

Fullback/wing - T. Trbojevic
Centre - T. Trbojevic, L. Brown
Halves - Tim Moltzen, A. Koroisau, W. Pearsall
Hooker - A. Koroisau, W. Pearsall, H. Pratt
Prop - J. Starling, A. Demetriou
Second-Row/Lock - L. Knight, B. Leary, A. Demetriou

There are not excuses for Barrett with the team he has on paper. Manly have a top 4 team on paper now with the addition of M. Tapau. Should we also sign Bird we will be a possible top 2 team. Just need to fend off the injury bug!
By W. Pearsall I assume you mean Matt Parcell?

Barrett is going to have to handle the Tom Trbojevic issue very carefully. Deny this kid a chance of playing first grade this year and you will have other sides circling big time and offering a fortune. Its important long term that T.T. knows he is on the cards for a permanent first grade position this year. In my mind it should be wing because that's the best place to give him experience in the top grade without being knocked about too much while he's still young. I would be picking T.T. in firsts on the wing and then deciding on the rest.

If you go by the guidelines of picking a team on past deeds/experience/rep honours etc leave Tommy Turbo out. If you actually want to win games make him just about first pick. OK the forwards have to lay the platform, players like DCE and Killer will direct attacks but TT is one of the very options we have in our ranks that can carve a side up.

Release Brett Stewart pick and pick up Bird or trade him for Carney, Play Hiku at FB, TT on the wing then the following year Hiku into the centres for either Matai or Lyon. Free's up cash, See's TT get a first grade spot and the FB spot the next year, Hiku gets utilized properly and Brett can go and make retirement $$ with Glen. Now I just have to pull of a miracle and make this all happen.

Barrett is going to have to handle the Tom Trbojevic issue very carefully. Deny this kid a chance of playing first grade this year and you will have other sides circling big time and offering a fortune. Its important long term that T.T. knows he is on the cards for a permanent first grade position this year. In my mind it should be wing because that's the best place to give him experience in the top grade without being knocked about too much while he's still young. I would be picking T.T. in firsts on the wing and then deciding on the rest.

In place of Hiku, absolutely !!!

Release Brett Stewart pick and pick up Bird or trade him for Carney, Play Hiku at FB, TT on the wing then the following year Hiku into the centres for either Matai or Lyon. Free's up cash, See's TT get a first grade spot and the FB spot the next year, Hiku gets utilized properly and Brett can go and make retirement $$ with Glen. Now I just have to pull of a miracle and make this all happen.

Oh no God has blasphemed!

2016, still a few spots to fill on the roster, but so far the following players are confirmed for manly:

1. Jarryd hayne
2. Will Hopoate
3. Jamal idris
4. Dylan walker

6. Jack Bird
7. Nathan cleary

8. Sam Burgess
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Gavet

Coach: Ivan cleary
Media manager: James Kelly Nestruck

Rubbish concerning Tom Wright. Be told......he played in the Australian C'Ships at Riverview and the Queenslander was superior particularly in defence more so in the final where he let two tries in with weak tackles. He was picked in Aust A which is the second team.
I wish some of you blokes would comment on what you have seen and followed for a number of years not pure speculation and utube stuff.
I have commented many times about Tom as any Joeys follower will tell you.
Great natural ball runner and stepper but defence a real worry at this stage. Really hope he makes it to the top but don't fire up too early please..........

Hiku was incredible for NZ as 5/8. Has the skills to make that spot his own and I think that will be his goal. I really like the look of this team:

1. B Stewart
2. J Taufua
3. S Matai
4. J Lyon
5. T Trbojevic
6. P Hiku
7. D Cherry Evans
8. J Trbojevic
9. A Korosau
10. N Myles
11. J Buhrer
12. F Mateo
13. M Taupau

14. D Lussick
15. L Brown
16. B Lawrence
17. M Parcell

Possibly Symonds onto the bench for Parcell.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6