Full NRL Round at Suncorp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

King

Reserve Grader
Full NRL round at Suncorp
By Dean Ritchie | June 18, 2008 12:00am

MANLY chief executive Grant Mayer has sent a detailed proposal to the NRL calling for a full round of rugby league next season to be played at one venue - Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.
The Daily Telegraph  obtained a copy of Mayer's plan which he believes could reap every club a financial windfall of between $75,000 to $100,000. Mayer's plan stemmed from the English Super League, which for two years has moved an entire round to Wales' Millennium Stadium.

The proposal was discussed at yesterday NRL board meeting. The Mayer proposal would include:

PLAYING eight matches at Suncorp Stadium on Friday (2), Saturday (3), Sunday (2) and Monday (1);

IT would be an extra round - the 25th for the season - ensuring each club retains 12 home and 12 away games;

TENDERING out the historic round to other states or other countries in coming years.
Mayer said the plan would generate increased gate revenue, need a naming rights sponsor and attract corporate support, possibly from the Queensland State Government. Big crowds every day would ensure a financial bonanza.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said his organisation was interested in the plan. "If you consider the Titans, Monday night football and the Toyota Cup our code has taken very innovative strategic steps in recent years,'' Gallop said.

"We would need to gauge the interest of potential host stadiums, governments, sponsors, broadcasters, clubs, players and fans.''

The ground would be absolutely ruined by the time the 8th game is over, the grounds keeper must be shaking in his boots!

A good idea, but you would have to ensure that the lower grades games are played elsewhere simply to make sure that ground stays playable

Take all the money off the rednecks and nutbags because the poofs and toffs from Sydney can't be bothered turning up to games in their city.  ;)

wouldn't want to see the price on admission for the saturday triple header!!!

maybe 4 days of double headers Fri-Mon.

I really like the idea. Last double header i went to was dragons/tigers follows by bulldogs/manly when A.Walker could send it into overtime from the sideline.

DVS Matt link said:
wouldn't want to see the price on admission for the saturday triple header!!!

maybe 4 days of double headers Fri-Mon.

I really like the idea. Last double header i went to was dragons/tigers follows by bulldogs/manly when A.Walker could send it into overtime from the sideline.
i was there that day **** it was scary walkin from the ground to the trainstation

dirty dogs fans

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4